- Jamal James vs Thomas Dulorme goes Saturday, August 8th at 8:00 pm EST
- Who is the likeliest of these two to capture the vacant championship this weekend?
- Check out odds for the fights, my sweet science analysis, and my main card predictions below
Jamal James vs Thomas Dulorme throw down at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California. The show will broadcast on FOX/ FS1 and the interim WBA world welterweight championship will be up for grabs in this prizefight. The twelve round contest pits two fighters who are ranked in the WBA’s top ten divisional hierarchy. The two were originally supposed to meet in April but it was canceled due to coronavirus. Then they were to fight in July but a broadcast scheduling conflict caused a readjustment. Now third time’s the charm with James vs Dulorme finally set to go down.
James vs Dulorme Main Card Odds
Odds taken August 6
Jamal James’ Path to the Interim WBA Championship
There are some quality fights to look forward to both tonight and tomorrow. Dulorme is a former title challenger. He suffered a TKO loss to Terence Crawford in a bid for the WBO world super lightweight title in early 2015. Dulorme is 1-1-1 across his last three bouts. He lost to Yordenis Ugas via unanimous decision, went to a majority draw with Jessie Vargas, and scored a unanimous decision victory over Terrel Williams in his last outing.
This Saturday in Los Angeles:
WBA Welterweight Interim Championship at stake 🏆
— WBA Boxing (@WBABoxing) August 5, 2020
The promotional group PBC (Premier Boxing Champions) has 80 percent of the top-ten welterweight talent in their stable. Names like Shawn Porter, Danny Garcia, and Keith Thurman are all affiliated with PBC. They are available for many fun matchmaking permutations for years to come. The fact that they are again promoting another high stakes welterweight title should be of little surprise to people actively following the boxing scene. A fitting way to return to television after Premier Boxing Champions was on COVID-19 related hiatus. The winner here could really assert themselves in that welterweight conversation.
Thomas Delorme’s Road to the Welterweight World Title
James has accumulated a six-fight win streak as of late. He began this streak after his lone career loss came to the aforementioned Yodrenis Ugas. James’ last four straight bouts have taken place at The Minneapolis Armory. The Minneapolis native breaks the pattern here when he travels to California in pursuit of championship glory.
Man, Jamal James vs Antonio DeMarco was a GREAT fight. I expect some kind of a WAR between Dulorme and James this weekend. pic.twitter.com/rC7zsOxRgf
— bombs boxing™ (@bombsboxing) August 5, 2020
Some might dismiss the interim tag for the title bout here but the winner could likely be rewarded hugely. The victor in this bout positions themselves as the likely next challenger for Manny Pacquiao who is WBA champ under their “Super” status. Neither man is overlooking the top-notch fighter in front of them but I’m sure a Pacquiao matchup is something that would pique the interest of these two in the future.
James vs Dulorme Tale of the Tape
|Javier Molina, Diego Gabriel Chaves,
|Significant Wins||Henry Lundy, Karim Mayfield,
The likeliest thing that I see transpiring is James going the distance and getting the unanimous decision from the judges.
Pick: Jamal James (-200)
Other Main Card Picks for James vs Dulorme
- Mykal Fox vs Lucas Santamaria: Santamaria’s largely unremarkable resume reads like a stay busy fight for Fox. Mykal Fox only has five stoppages across 22 wins so I see him winning this via unanimous decision. Pick: Mykal Fox (-1800)
- David Morrell vs Lennox Allen: It’s wild that Morrell as a 2-0 pro is a sizeable betting favorite heading into this one. With his reputation and immense skill cultivated from dominating the Cuban amateur scene, it’s understandable why though. I see Morrell securing the knockout inside of five rounds. Pick: David Morrell (-1100)