- Bryson DeChambeau headlines a strong Omega Dubai Desert field
- Victorious Ryder Cupper is poised to take home the title
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
Bryson DeChambeau is the betting favorite at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic and will play in this event for the first time in his career as a professional having finished in a respectable tie for 18th as an amateur in 2016.
This event boasts some big name value including seven major champions and it all starts January 24th from Emirates Golf Club.
2019 Omega Dubai Desert Classic Odds
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2019 Omega Dubai Desert Classic at Bovada (01/21/19)|
|Rafael Cabrera Bello||+1800|
*Follow the link in the table to see all options
Can Anyone Catch DeChambeau?
As mentioned, DeChambeau has limited course history. He’s coming off two good-not-great top 10 finishes to start his 2019 campaign on the PGA Tour.
— Bryson DeChambeau (@b_dechambeau) January 21, 2019
He’s finished no worse than 19th in his last eight tournaments so there’s no reason to think he won’t continue his strong run. However, given that he hasn’t played here often, I’d be more inclined to pass on him and his +900 odds this week.
Anniversaries, Major Champions and an eccentric American called Bryson… https://t.co/cN5e8mi2A9
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) January 21, 2019
Tyrrell Hatton is Due for a Big Win
At +2000 Tyrrell Hatton is poised to take home the coveted Dubai Desert Classic title.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Last 3 Omega Dubai Desert Classics
He’s due after three straight fantastic finishes in this event and ready to win his fourth career European Tour event (three wins in 2016-17) The fiery Englishmen is coming off an uncharacteristic missed cut (only two missed in 16 European Tour events last year).
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) September 2, 2018
Hatton had nothing worse than a 29th finish in his previous eight starts (including a Ryder Cup victory and a tie for 8th in the two-man World Cup of Golf) before last week’s missed cut. Bank on Hatton having a strong week and potentially taking home the trophy.
Last 5 Omega Dubai Desert Classic Winners
2019 Omega Dubai Desert Classic Value Picks
- Thorbjorn Olesen (+3300): Eight top 10 finishes last season including victory at the Italian Open. Five-time European Tour champ is often very streaky. Three career top 10 finishes in this event (T-3rd, T-5th, T-8th).
- Pablo Larrazabal (+7000): Posted two strong finishes in last two tournaments (T-6th and T-9th) Four career wins, all against strong fields, defeating hall of famers each time (Montgomerie, Sergio, McIlroy/Mickelson, and Stenson).
- Stephen Gallacher (+12500): Won this event twice in 2013 and repeated again in 2014. Also posted a third place showing in 2015 and T-9th in 2017.