- Rory McIlroy is a heavy favorite to win the 2019-20 PGA Tour money title
- Dustin Johnson with enticing odds to win second career money list
- The best value picks to take home the most cash
The PGA Tour has been on break since November after the 11-tournament fall series concluded at the RSM Classic. This week official tour events are back for the winners-only invitational at the Sentry Tournament of Champions.
Opening odds to come out on top of the 2019-20 PGA Tour Money List had Brooks Koepka as the man to beat but after two big tournaments by Rory McIlroy (victory in China and T-3rd in Japan), the Ulsterman sees himself as the strong favorite to win his third money title.
Odds to Win 2019-20 PGA Tour Money List
|Golfer||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds as of December 30th. Follow the link in the table above to see all betting options.
McIlroy Poised to Win First Money Title Since 2014
The 2018-19 season saw Rory McIlroy win three times (Players Championship, Tour Championship, RBC Canadian Open), good enough for second on the money list, his highest showing since taking the 2012 and 2014 money lists.
He’s off to a fast start to the 2019-20 season by virtue of his victory at the WGC-HSBC Champions and third place result at the Zozo Championship.
— The McIlroy Legion (@RoryLegion_GC) December 25, 2019
He’s firmly driven to get back into the major championships winners circle for the first time since 2014 – so there’s no reason to bet against Rory other than the fact that his odds are so low. Having claimed PGA Tour Player of the Year in 2019, things are shaping up for a monster 2020 – so bet against him at your peril.
Current 2019-20 PGA Tour Money Leaders
|1. Rory McIlroy||$2,310,500|
|2. Brendon Todd||$2,201,882|
|3. Justin Thomas||$2,166,910|
|4. Sebastian Munoz||$1,955,969|
|5. Lanto Griffin||$1,881,054|
|6. Hideki Matsuyama||$1,832,250|
|7. Tiger Woods||$1,755,000|
Dustin Johnson Great Value at +2000 to Win Money List
Fresh off knee surgery which severely hampered his ability to compete in the last half of 2019, Dustin Johnson should be able to pick himself up off the mat and return to the type of golfer who won at least three times for three consecutive years (2016-18) before nabbing his lone title of 2019 in Mexico.
Dustin Johnson is running away with it at the @WGCMexico!!
His lead is five with two holes remaining.pic.twitter.com/UqO98eKhLt
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) February 24, 2019
In those three amazing seasons, DJ was first on the money list in 2016 (three wins), third in 2017 (four W’s), and second in 2018 (three victories). He was still seventh last year despite not playing to his normal capabilities due to his knee ailment. At +2000, you must jump aboard the DJ train at those juicy odds.
Last 5 PGA Tour Money List Winners
Best Value Picks to win 2019-20 PGA Tour Money List
- Patrick Cantlay (+1600): Fourth on the money list last year, Cantlay has zero weaknesses, ranking in the top-six in three strokes gained categories on tour, with putting being his “worst” of the top-six main categories, where he still ranked a very impressive 26th. Ascending strongly on the big stage, this could be the year he puts it all together.
- Jordan Spieth (+5000): He’s fallen on tough times and remarkably hasn’t tasted victory since his spellbinding triumph at the 2017 Open Championship, but it’s only a matter of time before Spieth’s vast talent takes over and he starts winning again. Won money title in 2015, sixth in 2016, and second in 2017 before a pair of off seasons (by his lofty standards). Bet on these odds now because you likely won’t find better ones than this all year.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.