2023 College Football Championship Odds
- See the odds to win the national championship during the 2022-23 college football season
- The Georgia Bulldogs won their second straight national title, crushing TCU 65-7 in the national championship game
- Looking for this season’s college football national championship odds?
This page tracked the 2023 college football championship odds, which was ultimately captured by the Georgia Bulldogs for the second straight season.
The graphs below show how the odds moved over the course of the 2022-23 NCAAF season.
National Championship Favorites
2023 NCAAF Championship Odds
Odds as of Dec. 31, 2022, at FanDuel. Claim the Fanduel Sportsbook promo code.
Odds Movement Timeline
- Dec. 31: Georgia took down Ohio State in Peach Bowl, setting up a National Championship showdown with TCU. The Bulldogs are heavy -550 favorites to repeat as champions.
- Dec. 31: TCU’s odds improved from +1400 to +460 after upsetting Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl. The Horned Frogs will play the winner of Ohio State/Georgia in the National Championship.
- Dec. 4: USC’s loss to Utah in the Pac-12 title game opened the door for #5 Ohio State to sneak into a College Football Playoff berth; the Buckeyes’ title odds improved from +1500 to +345 as they sat and watched on conference-championship weekend.
- Nov. 27: Michigan improved from +1000 to +295 after its dominant win over Ohio State. The Buckeyes faded from +230 to +1500.
- Nov. 20: An awful loss to South Carolina (63-38) sent Tennessee tumbling out of the national championship odds. A bitter end to a once-euphoric season for the Vols.
- Nov. 6: Georgia (-105) became the odds-on favorite after defeating Tennessee handily (27-13).
- Oct. 23: After handing UCLA its first loss of the season, Oregon’s odds improved to +4000. But the Pac-12’s best title hopeful still only has the seventh-shortest odds in the nation.
- Oct. 16: Alabama faded from +235 to +425 after losing to Tennessee. The Vols improved from +4000 to +1900.
- Oct. 9: UCLA was the big mover in Week 6, improving to +4500 after an impressive 42-32 win over Utah at home.
- Sep. 11: After Alabama narrowly escaped Texas (20-19), the Tide saw their odds fade from +178 to +190. Georgia is a close second-favorite at +225 after dominant wins in Weeks 1 and 2.
- Aug. 10: Just 17 days from Week 0, the Buckeyes (+300) have overtaken Georgia (+388) for second-favorite. Bama remains heavy chalk at +180.
- Feb. 1: USC landed top QB transfer Caleb Williams from Oklahoma and saw its title odds improve from +5000 to +4000.
- Jan. 10: Alabama opened as +250 favorites to win the 2022-23 CFP title. Defending champion Georgia is second a +450. Ohio State (+700) is the only other team in triple digits.
CFP Championship Public Betting Splits
2023 National Championship betting splits as of July 20, 2022, as DraftKings Sportsbook.
The early public-betting splits for the 2023 College Football Playoff show Alabama and Ohio State getting nearly half the money between them. Alabama is first at 31.6% of the national championship betting handle, while Ohio State is at 17.8%. No other team has gotten more than 7.6% (Texas A&M). Reigning champion Georgia is down at 2.6% of the betting handle at DraftKings Sportsbook. Check out these Ohio sports betting promos to get the best sign-up offers for all your CF betting this season.