The Best Sports Betting Sites
We’ve reviewed 228 online betting sites and spent hundreds of hours to find the top sites that offer the best experience betting on sports. Our reviewers include professional bettors and sports fans who bet occasionally. Their experiences using each of these sportsbooks have revealed the fastest payouts, best odds, and juiciest bonuses, all of which are detailed here for you.
DraftKings has gone from daily fantasy powerhouse to one of the best options for legal US sports betting. Expect great promos and one of the smoothest betting apps out there.Bonus: Up to $1,000 Credit
FanDuel has built on their daily fantasy success with a flawless betting app and excellent online sportsbook. Find a superior live betting experience and lots of features for new bettors.Bonus: $500 Risk-Free Bet
BetMGM brings the famed casino brand online with a top-notch betting app and online sportsbook developed by experienced pros at Roar Digital.Bonus: $500 Risk-Free Bet
Caesars brings ultimate flexibility to the world of online sports betting with tons of banking options, competitive odds on all major sports, and few restrictions when it comes to constructing parlays.Bonus: 100% up to $300
This Australian brand is taking the US market by storm with a new way to bet spreads, totals, and props. Try PointsBetting for something entirely new or find great odds on traditional wagers.Bonus: $200 Risk-Free Bet
FOX Bet offers an engaging sports betting experience tied closely to the personalities and betting coverage at FOX Sports. Expect to see some of the best daily promos in the business.Bonus: Up to $1,000 Credit
888sport offers tons of betting options for new and experienced bettors alike. Find great odds on sporting events from around the globe wherever you’re located.Bonus: $500 Risk-Free Bet
The Golden Nugget is an excellent choice for anyone who plans to frequently bet on sports and play online casino games from a single platform.Bonus: $100 Risk-Free Bet
A big name that's been in business since 1934 is relevant as ever with a modern betting app and online sportsbook that features one of the biggest betting menus out there.Bonus: 100% up to $150
With roots in casino gambling, BetRivers has begun their rapid expansion into sports betting and is considered one of the best sportsbooks in the market.Bonus: Up to $250
Our reviews of the top rated betting sites are based on our use of each site to make bets, and analysis included in our research study exploring industry standards. Sign up with one of our quick picks or read the guide below to help choose a betting site for you.
How to Choose an Online Betting Site That’s Right for You – Guide
Sports betting sites provide an incredibly convenient service for those looking to wager on their favorite sports. If you want the ability to place bets on a wide range of events from anywhere, at any time, the first step is finding an online sportsbook and betting app that fits your individual needs.
There’s an astounding number of betting sites available across the web. Whether you’re an experienced sports bettor or are looking to place your first wager, it’s easy to get overwhelmed at first glance. Focusing on a few key points can help you quickly identify the online sportsbook that’s right for you.
Best Online Sports Betting Sites
- William Hill
The list above was compiled to provide the best options available overall. If you want to narrow it down by region or for a particular sport, check out the detailed pages for these criteria at the links below.
Here are the most important things to think about when comparing betting sites:
The Betting Experience
For most experienced sports bettors, the following factors make or break a book’s reputation as an enjoyable and profitable place to get in on the action:
- Where do you live?
- While sports betting is becoming more accessible, there may still be limited options depending on the country and/or state you live in.
- Some countries like the UK have an incredible number of options while in the US, where sports betting is legalized on a federal level, the number of options to bet online vary from state to state.
- How often do the odds change?
- Some sportsbooks adjust the odds more frequently than others.
- Carefully monitoring these changes can be an effective way to find value on one side of the wager, but this strategy can be too time-consuming for casual bettors.
- If you prefer to place your bets without fear of better odds popping up an hour later, look for a book that takes a “set and forget” approach to their lines.
- How early are the lines released?
- Some online sportsbooks will release the odds days or even weeks ahead of game day, while others tend to cut things a bit closer.
- If you’re a very knowledgeable and confident bettor, putting your money down early can often secure better odds. But if you’re new to betting or find yourself wagering on a sport you don’t know as well, it’s probably best to wait until closer to game day to place your bets.
- If you prefer to bet on sports like hockey, baseball, or basketball, you’ll see much less variation in line release times. If you’re a fan of football or combat sports, on the other hand, you might want to consider a sportsbook that releases their lines well in advance.
- How much of a cut does the sportsbook take?
- Every online betting site charges a commission to handle your wager (called the ‘juice,’ ‘vig,’ or ‘vigorish’) but the amounts vary between books and individual games.
- Over the long term, the difference in vig can be the difference between turning a profit or suffering a loss.
- Odds of -110 are generally standard for points spreads and totals. This means you must bet $1.10 to win $1. Books that charge more than this are considered pricey, while those that consistently offer odds at -105 are generally considered to be a value.
- If you plan to place a couple of bets casually, these differences won’t have such a large impact. On the other hand, those who plan to bet consistently will notice the toll a high vig can take on your bankroll over time.
- Consider how much money you plan to wager over the next year. The higher the number, the more you should consider finding a sportsbook with low average juice.
- Are you interested in unusual prop bets?
- Prop bets ask you to wager on the outcome of something other than the game itself; this can include individual player performances, team statistics, or more unorthodox questions regarding half time performances and fan behavior.
- Some sportsbooks put more time into formulating creative prop bets. If you primarily bet for entertainment, you’ll want to look for a sportsbook that caters to the fun side of things.
- Do they offer a wide variety of lines on your favorite sports?
- There’s often incredible value to be found betting on smaller market teams and sports, but not every sportsbook offers lines on these less frequently covered games. If you want to bet on snooker, darts, cricket, or any other event you’re not likely to see on national television, make sure you find a sportsbook that has the resources to formulate betting lines for them.
- While many bettors stick to the ‘big four’ North American sports of football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, many sportsbooks also allow you to put money down on anything from table tennis to Belarusian Premier League soccer.
Make sure you select an online sportsbook that’s committed to protecting your personal information as closely as you do.
You’ll often be providing your identification and financial information to make a withdrawal. Ensure any sportsbook you trust with this valuable personal information is regulated in a reputable jurisdiction and has a solid track record of protecting consumer info.
Signing up with one of the legal options found here is the simplest way to ensure your safety when betting online.
Following the 2018 US Supreme Court decision that legalized sports betting at the federal level, it’s easier than ever to safely and legally bet on sports online. That said, the patchwork of legislation at the state level means your options in terms of online betting depend on your location.
Ultimately, everything comes down to one simple question:
Is this sportsbook legally accessible from where I live?
- Legal sites are geo-restricted and may not be available nationwide
- Licenses are granted on a case-by-case basis, which means some online sportsbooks aren’t available even where online gambling is allowed
In the United States, legal betting sites will check your location frequently to ensure compliance with relevant state laws. Looking for these location checks is a great way to see if you’re betting with a safe and licensed option.
Elsewhere in the world, access to online sportsbooks will often be blocked completely from jurisdictions in which the sites cannot legally operate. In any case, make sure licensing information is available somewhere on the site.
What Type of Promotions and Bonuses Will You Be Able to Take Advantage Of?
Virtually every online sportsbook offers bonuses and promotions to entice new users and keep them coming back, but these offers vary widely in terms of overall value and restrictions.
Here are the pros and cons of the most common types you’ll encounter:
|Sign up Bonuses||
|VIP & Loyalty Programs||
Mobile Betting and Betting Apps: Is It Easy to Bet From Your Cell Phone?
Consider where you’re most likely to place your bets. Want to put down a little action on the train ride home from work? How about placing a wager from your favorite stool at the local sports bar?
If you’re interested in betting on the go, you need to find a solid betting app or sportsbook with a user-friendly mobile interface.
- Most online sportsbooks are accessible on the go and have dedicated betting apps, but the quality of this experience differs
- We recommend using these apps where available, but many sportsbooks offer websites optimized to function well from your mobile browser as an alternative
Do They Have a Solid Reputation for Resolving Disputes and Customer Service?
Unfortunately, there are instances of online sportsbooks taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers. This often takes the form of the book dragging their feet when processing payouts or refusing to honor winnings entirely. While this behavior is a sure way to guarantee customers won’t be coming back, it does happen from time to time.
Of course, this isn’t something you need to worry about if you’re betting with a reputable and legal option.
Reading online reviews like those found here at SBD is the best way to ensure you’ll receive a timely payout when you decide to cash out your winnings. If others have been hosed by an online sportsbook, chances are they’ll be more than happy to share their experience online.
The same goes for finding sportsbooks with great customer service. Sometimes things go wrong when dealing with entirely remote banking transactions. You want to be sure someone is going to pick up the phone and offer a helpful response in the unlikely case you do encounter an issue.
The Final Word
Just like any form of entertainment, finding the online sportsbook and app that works best for you comes to down to balancing the available features with the cost. When it comes to sports betting, differences in cost play out as higher juice or less desirable bonus offers.
Think about your individual needs and your motivation to bet on sports. Some books are better for those looking for the most value, some cater exclusively to the most experienced ‘sharp’ bettors, and others simply provide a fun and easy-to-use online gambling experience.
Take some time to explore the individual sportsbook reviews found on this site, keeping in mind the criteria covered throughout this guide. The snapshots in the list above will help you quickly determine if each site fits your individual preferences as a bettor.