2023-24 College Football Playoff Odds Tracker
- Odds to make the College Football Playoff in 2023-2024 are available for top contenders
- Michigan, Washington, Florida State & Texas currently have the best odds to qualify for the four-team CFP
- See how the College Football Playoff odds change over the course of the NCAAF season
The 2023-24 college football season will kick off with Week 0 on August 26th. From there, it’s a mere 3.5 months until the four-team College Football Playoff field is finalized. We’ll be tracking the odds for college football teams to make and miss the playoffs throughout the year.
The graphs below set out the average CFP playoff odds for the top teams in the country over the course of the 2023-24 season. Keep this page bookmarked to see how the odds change for top contenders during the season.
Odds to Make College Football Playoff
The current CFP Playoff odds imply that Michigan (-4000), Washington (-4000), Florida State (-450) and Texas (-315) will be the four CFP finalists announced on Selection Sunday. Alabama is the odd man out at +110, while UGA is a +1350 longshot.
See make/miss odds from DraftKings Sportsbook further below as you can also wager on a team to miss the CFP.
- December 3: Florida State’s odds to make the CFP improved to -450 on average after they defeated Louisville in the ACC Championship. Oddsmakers are projecting Alabama (+110) will be the team left out on Selection Sunday.
- December 2: Alabama became a huge -800 favorite to make the CFP after defeating Georgia in the SEC Championship, while the Bulldogs’ playoff odds faded to +400.
- November 26: Michigan became a gigantic -4000 favorite to make the CFP after beating Ohio State, while the Buckeyes’ odds faded to +1300. Georgia (-475), Oregon (-280), and FSU (-150) also have favorable odds heading into Conference Championships.
- November 21: Oregon is now a heavy -170 favorite to make the CFP even though Washington is ranked No. 4 in the latest CFP rankings. Florida State, meanwhile, has seen their odds fade to +140 due to Jordan Travis’ injury.
- November 6: Oregon (-105) has claimed a spot in the four-team CFP odds following its big win over Cal in Week 11. Although undefeated Washington beat the Ducks during the regular season, oddsmakers are essentially predicting Oregon will take down the Huskies in the Pac-12 Title game.
- November 1: After Ohio State was surprisingly unveiled as the No. 1 team in the initial CFP Rankings, DraftKings shortened the Buckeyes’ CFP odds from +115 to +105. OSU still has the longest odds to make the CFP of the four teams, however.
- October 23: Ohio State (+110) has overtaken Washington (+120) as the fourth favorite to make the CFP after the Huskies narrowly avoided an upset loss to lowly Arizona State in Week 8.
- October 16: Washington is now one of the favorites to make the four-team CFP after taking down Oregon in Week 7 to remain undefeated. While the Huskies have +125 odds to make the playoff, Oklahoma (+160) and Ohio State (+170) aren’t far behind.
- September 5: Florida State’s odds to make the playoff improved to +180 following its Week 1 upset win over LSU, while the Tigers’ odds lengthened to +750. Colorado, meanwhile, now has +3500 average odds to make the CFP after upsetting TCU.
- August 21: Iowa has seen notable improvement in its odds to make the CFP leading up to the start of the season. After opening with playoff odds around +2500, the Hawkeyes are now being given +1100 odds to make the four-team bracket.
- June 6: Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan and Alabama have opened as the four favorites to make the CFP in 2024. The two-time defending national champion Bulldogs have the best odds at -250, while the Crimson Tide have the worst odds of the four at +155.
College Football Playoff Odds
|Team||Odds to Make CFP||Odds to Miss CFP|
Michigan and Washington are currently off the board at sportsbooks, implying they are locks to make the CFP. There are two other heavy favorites to make the playoff: FSU (-400) and Texas (-300).
Odds as of December 3rd, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook.
CFP Qualification History
|Team||CFP Appearances||Most Recent|