2023 Heisman Trophy Odds
- The Heisman Trophy is college football’s most prestigious individual award
- Reigning Heisman-winner Caleb Williams has opened as the favorite in the 2023 Heisman Trophy odds
- See the latest 2023 Heisman odds for the favorites and longshots, starting from last year’s title game right up to award week
Every season, this page tracks the favorites for college football’s most prestigious award, the Heisman Trophy, by averaging out the futures available at major online sportsbooks.
Predicting who will win is a difficult exercise, especially in the preseason. From 2018 to 2020, the winner – Kyler Murray (2018), Joe Burrow (2019), and Devota Smith (2020) – was either off the board or extreme an longshot before Week 1. Bryce Young finally bucked that trend in 2021, opening as the second-favorite and never falling out of the top five. Caleb Williams (2022) was also among the top-five favorites throughout the 2022 season.
- Jan. 10: No surprise here. Reigning Heisman-winner Caleb Williams has opened as a sizable favorite to repeat in 2023
Heisman Favorites 2023
|Caleb Williams (QB, USC)||+400|
|Drake May (QB, UNC)||+1000|
|Michael Penix Jr (QB, Washington)||+1200|
|Bo Nix (QB, Oregon)||+1200|
|Jordan Travis (QB, Florida State)||+1200|
|Sam Hartman (QB, Wake Forest)||+1800|
|Drew Allar (QB, Penn State)||+2000|
|Jayden Daniels (QB, LSU)||+2000|
|Joe Milton (QB, Tennessee)||+2000|
|Kyle McCord (QB, Ohio State)||+2000|
|Cade Klubnik (QB, Clemson)||+2500|
|Quinn Ewers (QB, Texas)||+2500|
|JJ McCarthy (QB, Michigan)||+3000|
|Brock Vandagriff (QB, Georgia)||+3000|
|Blake Corum (RB, Michigan)||+3000|
|Carson Beck (QB, Georgia)||+4000|
|Ty Simpson (QB, Alabama)||+4000|
|Dillon Gabriel (QB, Oklahoma)||+4000|
|Nick Singleton (RB, Penn State)||+5000|
|Jeff Sims (QB, Georgia Tech)||+5000|
|Marvin Harrison Jr (WR, Ohio State)||+5000|
|Will Shipley (RB, Clemson)||+6000|
|Cam Rising (QB, Utah)||+6000|
Odds as of Jan. 12, 2023, at FanDuel Sportsbook.
2023 Heisman Trophy Public Betting Splits
TO BE ADDED.
Who Usually Wins the Heisman Trophy?
Quarterbacks had a run of four straight Heismans broken in 2020 by Alabama WR Devonta Smith. On the whole, though, pivots are still dominating.
Heisman Trophy Winners Since 2000
|2020||Devonta Smith||Wide Receiver|
|2015||Derrick Henry||Running back|
|2011||Robert Griffin III||Quarterback|
|2009||Mark Ingram Jr||Running back|
|2005||Reggie Bush||Running back|
For those of you playing along at home, that’s 19 QBs, three running backs, and one receiver.
Before Devonta Smith’s win in 2020, the last Heisman to go to a non-QB/RB was Charles Woodson in 1997. Before that, it was Desmond Howard in 1991, then Johnny Rodgers (who was kind of a running back) in 1972, and then Notre Dame end Leon Hart in 1949.
|Position||Number of Heisman Trophies since 2000|
Where Can You Bet on the Heisman Trophy?
Every major sportsbook in the country offers NCAA futures odds, which always include the Heisman Trophy odds. Bettors may notice that some sites take their Heisman odds down on Saturdays while games are being played. Don’t panic. They will be back once oddsmakers have had to time reflect on the day’s results and adjust accordingly.
The main list of legal sportsbooks offering Heisman futures odds in 2022 is as follows:
- FanDuel Sportsbook (see available FanDuel Sportsbook promo codes)
- Barstool Sportsbook (see available Barstool Sportsbook promo codes)
- BetMGM (see available BetMGM promo codes)
- DraftKings Sportsbook (see available DraftKings Sportsbook promo codes)
- Caesars Sportsbook (see available Caesars Sportsbook promo codes)
- BetRivers (see available BetRivers Sportsbook promo codes)
Heisman Trophies by Conference
The SEC and Big Ten have dominated the top preseason top-25 favorites lately. But while the SEC has actually followed through with their Heisman Trophy candidates lately, the Big Ten has only produced two winners since 2000 and none since 2006 (Troy Smith, Ohio State).