2019 MLB AL & NL Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- See each player’s odds of winning the 2019 AL and NL Rookie of the Year awards
- Track how the odds changed throughout the 2019 MLB season
- Visit this page to see the current MLB Rookie of the Year odds in both leagues
The 2019 MLB Rookie of the Year awards went to Pete Alonso in the NL and Yordan Alvarez in the AL. While Alonso was considered a favorite from the outset, Alvarez wasn’t even in the majors until mid-season. The charts and graphs below show how the ROY odds shifted over the course of the 2019 MLB season, along with the final installment of the odds.
- [July 9] Vladimir Guerrero Jr. put on quite a show at the MLB Home Run Derby, hitting 91 dingers, but he’s still behind Brandon Lowe in the odds to win the 2019 AL Rookie of the Year Award.
- [March 13] It should come as no surprise to see that Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has the shortest opening odds to win the 2019 AL Rookie of the Year Award. The 19-year-old phenom hit .381 last season at four different minor league stops.
Final 2019 American League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player||Team||2019 AL ROY Odds|
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||Blue Jays||+300|
|Eloy Jimenez||White Sox||+550|
|Michael Chavis||Red Sox||+2000|
Odds as of July 9, 2019.
- [August 2] Seen as the odds-on favorite less than a month ago, Pete Alonso now looks up at Mike Soroka and Fernando Tatis Jr in NL ROY odds after a cold month of July that saw him hit just .177
- [July 9] Presumptive NL Rookie of the Year winner Pete Alonso added to his growing resume during the MLB All-Star Break by defeating fellow phenom Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in the Home Run Derby.
- [March 13] Get used to hearing Victor Robles’ name. The Nationals outfielder has been a mainstay in Baseball’s Prospectus’ top 10 rankings for the past three seasons and hit .288 with Washington last year during a brief call up.
2019 National League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player||Team||2019 NL ROY Odds|
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||Padres||+250|
Odds as of August 2, 2019.