2020 MLB AL & NL Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Seattle OF Kyle Lewis won the AL Rookie of the Year award in a tight race with Chicago’s Luis Robert
- Milwaukee reliever Devin Williams took home the NL’s ROY award
- See how the odds shifted over the course of the COVID-shortened 2020 MLB season or navigate to this season’s MLB Rookie of the Year odds
The 2020 MLB season will forever be remembered as an anomalous, fan-less 60-game affair. The MLB still handed out its usual hardware, though. Seattle Mariners’ outfielder Kyle Lewis took home the Rookie of the Year award in the AL. Milwaukee Brewers’ relief pitcher Devin Williams won the honor in the NL.
See how their odds, and those of their main competitors, shifted during the shortened season.
- Nov. 2: Finalists have been announced. Houston’s Cristian Javier joins Seattle’s Kyle Lewis and Chicago’s Luis Robert.
- Sep. 15: Luis Robert (-110) is now the odds-on favorite, Kyle Lewis (+120) also saw his odds improve.
- Sep. 9: Luis Robert (+125) has inched ahead of Kyle Lewis (+150) in what is still a two-horse race.
- Sep. 3: It’s still a neck-and-neck race between SEA’s Lewis (+150) and CHW’s Robert (+150) with MIN’s Randy Dobnak third at +700.
- Aug. 18: Mariners rookie Kyle Lewis has gone from off the board to +300 co-favorite in the first third of the season. He’s slashing .345/.420/.529 with five homers and 17 RBI in just 22 games.
- July 9: Jesus Luzardo (Oakland, P) has seen his odds improve nearly two-fold since April (+614 to +383) and he is now second-favorite behind Luis Robert.
- Apr. 28: Luis Robert is now the outright favorite at +310.
- Mar. 19: Early bettors are keen on Luis Robert (+400) and Jesus Luzardo (+600), who improved from +550 and +975, respectively, since Mar. 5.
- Mar. 3: Flame-throwing Michael Kopech opens as the AL ROY favorite at +300, followed by Detroit’s own prized pitching prospect Casey Mize at +450.
2020 American League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player (Position)||Team||2020 AL Rookie of the Year Odds|
|Luis Robert (OF)||White Sox||-110|
|Kyle Lewis (OF)||Mariners||+120|
|Cristian Javier (P)||Astros||+800|
|Randy Dobnak (P)||Twins||+900|
|Jesus Luzardo (P)||Athletics||+1200|
|Ryan Mountcastle (1B)||Orioles||+2500|
Odds as of Sep. 15, 2020.
- Nov. 2: Favorite Jake Cronenworth of the Padres has been named a finalist along with the Phillies’ Alec Bohm and the Brewers’ Devin Williams.
- Sep. 15: Sixto Sanchez (+140) has shot up the board and is now seen as Jake Cronenworth’s (-110) biggest challenger.
- Sep. 9: Jake Cronenworth (-125) continues to lead Dustin May (+150).
- Sep. 3: SD’s Jake Cronenworth is now an odds-on favorite at -120.
- Aug. 18: Heavy preseason favorite Gavin Lux (+1200) has yet to play a game for LAD. But Dodgers’ pitcher Dustin May (the new favorite at +350) has sparkled in his first five starts of 2020, posting a 3.00 ERA and 1.250 WHIP.
- July 9: STL outfielder Dylan Carlson moved from outside of the top five all the way to second-favorite (+1202 to +917) as bettors expect him to see time in the lineup out of the gate.
- Apr. 27: It seems no price is too short for Lux, who improved from +237 all the way to +200 over the last month.
- Mar. 19: If you thought +350 was a short price for Lux, look away. The Dodger infielder is now +238 on average. No one else is shorter than +1000.
- Mar. 3: Gavin Lux is the short-shot, opening at +350. No other player is better than +800 at the outset.
2020 National League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player (Position)||Team||2020 NL Rookie of the Year Odds|
|Jake Cronenworth (2B)||Padres||-110|
|Sixto Sanchez (P)||Marlins||+150|
|Alec Bohm (3B)||Phillies||+400|
|Ian Anderson (P)||Braves||+1200|
|Devin Williams (P)||Brewers||+1600|
Odds as of Sep. 15, 2020.
Archived MLB Rookie of the Year Odds: 2019