This page tracks the current odds to win the 2022 World Series. The graph at the top of the page displays MLB World Series odds from the beginning of the regular season through to today.
Below, find the World Series odds listed in table format, followed by the World Series history broken down by divisions within the American League and National League.
Odds to Win World Series 2022
|Los Angeles Dodgers||+330|
|New York Yankees||+400|
|New York Mets||+500|
|San Diego Padres||+1300|
|Toronto Blue Jays||+1500|
|St. Louis Cardinals||+3000|
|Tampa Bay Rays||+5000|
|Chicago White Sox||+5500|
|San Francisco Giants||+25000|
|Boston Red Sox||+30000|
|Los Angeles Angels||+300000|
|Kansas City Royals||+500000|
Odds as of August 10, 2022, at Barstool Sportsbook.
Odds Movement Timeline
- July 3: Most sportsbooks now list the Yankees (+400) slightly ahead of the Dodgers (+450). NYY leads the majors in win percentage (.734) and run differential (+164).
- May 22: The gap between the Dodgers (+450) and Yankees (+550) has shrunk further. The Mets (+800), Astros (+800), and Blue Jays (+900) round out the top five.
- May 15: The Yankees have become second-favorites at +600 and are inching closer to the favored Dodgers (+450).
- May 3: The Mets are now second-favorite, surpassing the Blue Jays. NYM has started the season 16-8 and holds a three-game lead in the NL East.
- Apr. 24: The Mets are moving up in the world, sitting at +950, tied for third-best with the crosstown rival Yankees.
- Apr. 10: Off to a 2-0 start, Toronto has improved to +850, best in the AL and trailing only the Dodgers (+475) in the majors.
- Apr. 7: The biggest shift in odds on Opening Day comes at the bottom of the table, with the Athletics dropping from +12500 to +20000.
- Mar. 31: No significant movement of note, now that we’re now one week out from the revised Opening Day.
- Feb. 10: The Mets and Yankees are now tied for third-favorite at +1050.
- Nov. 29: The Mets’ odds improved from +1800 to +1200 after they signed Max Scherzer; they have also added Starling Marte and Eduardo Escobar to a batting order that needs a boost.
- Nov. 16: The Angels’ odds improved from +4000 to +3750 after signing oft-injured Noah Syndergaard to a one-year, $21-million contract.
- Nov. 3: The Dodgers have opened as +525 favorites. The Braves are +1300 to repeat. Houston (+700) has the best odds among AL teams.
World Series Favorites
While some teams that were expected to contend in 2022 are having disappointing seasons, none of the teams that were written off as also-rans are making a serious push. In other words, the 2022 World Series favorites don’t show any major surprises at this point of the season.
Los Angeles Dodgers
The LA Dodgers came out of the offseason as the 2022 World Series favorites and remain at the top of the board among contenders. The currently hold a healthy ranking lead at the top of the NL West and a slight lead on the Mets for top spot in the NL, which comes with a first-round bye in the new playoff format. Their run differential is nearly 100 runs better than any other NL team.
New York Yankees
The New York Yankees didn’t start the season as the AL favorites but it didn’t take oddsmakers too long to establish them as such. The Pinstripes are having a season for the ages so far, winning nearly 75% of their games and posting the best run differential in the major leagues. Their lead atop the AL East is in double-digits.
The Houston Astros just keep doing what they’ve been doing for the better part of the last decade: dominating the AL West standings. They have a double-digit lead on their division rivals, along with the third-best record in baseball and the third-best run differential. While they’ll be hard-pressed to catch the Yankees and earn the AL’s lone first-round by in the postseason, they are going to be a immensely tough out for any team they face in October.
World Series Betting Promo Codes
Online sportsbooks are replete with betting bonuses and promo codes that can be applied to World Series action. Depending on the sportsbook, you may be able to use risk-free bets up to $1,500 to wager on the winner of the Fall Classic.
Follow the links in the table below to see the available World Series promo codes at the North America’s best legal online sportsbooks.
|Barstool Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code|
|BetMGM||BetMGM Promo Code|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code|
Where Can I Bet on the World Series?
Betting on the World Series is available basically year-round at all of the sportsbooks listed in the table above, plus other sports betting sites and apps. Sports bettors can bet on anything from the Cy Young Award winner to the MLB season MVP. For a more expansive list of the best World Series betting sites, check out the best MLB betting sites.
World Series Odds FAQ
Who won the World Series last year?
The Atlanta Braves won the 2021 World Series, defeating the Houston Astros in six games.
Who is the favorite to win the 2022 World Series?
The LA Dodgers remain the outright World Series favorite, but the gap between the Dodgers and the New York Yankees has been narrowing by the week.
AL East World Series History
|Team||AL East Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Boston Red Sox||10||2018||2018|
|New York Yankees||18||2009||2009|
|Tampa Bay Rays||4||N/A||2020|
|Toronto Blue Jays||6||1993||1993|
AL Central World Series History
|Team||AL Central Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Chicago White Sox||4||2005||2005|
|Kansas City Royals||1||2015||2015|
AL West World Series History
|Team||AL West Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Los Angeles Angels||9||2002||2002|
NL East World Series History
|Team||NL East Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|New York Mets||6||1986||2015|
NL Central World Series History
|Team||NL Central Titles Since 1994||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|St. Louis Cardinals||10||2011||2013|
NL West World Series History
|Team||NL West Titles Since 1994||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||11||2020||2020|
|San Francisco Giants||6||2001||2001|
|San Diego Padres||4||N/A||1998|
Most Head-to-Head World Series Matchups
|Teams||Number of Head-to-Head World Series Matchups|
|Yankees vs Dodgers||11|
|Yankees vs Giants||7|
|Yankees vs Cardinals||5|
|Yankees vs Braves||4|
|Cardinals vs Red Sox||4|
|Cubs vs Tigers||4|
|A’s vs Giants||4|
Teams That Have Never Won a World Series Title
Every Major League team enters the season with the hope of winning the World Series, but only one squad can ultimately come out on top. Here are the six remaining MLB franchises that are still waiting to win their very first title.
|Team||Inception||World Series Appearances|
|Tampa Bay Rays||1998||1|
|San Diego Padres||1969||2|
Let's have fun and keep it civil.