2021-22 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker
- This page monitored the 2022 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award odds
- Marcus Smart won his first NBA DPOY in the 2021-22 season
- Looking for the current NBA DPOY odds?
This page tracked the odds to win the 2021-22 NBA Defensive Player of the Year odds from the night they opened until they were taken off the board. The 2022 NBA DPOY went to Marcus Smart, the first time since 1996 that a backcourt player won the title of NBA’s best defensive player.
Below, see how the NBA DPOY odds changed over the course of the 2021-22 NBA season.
2022 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds
- [Mar 29] Spearheading the Celtics’ NBA-best defense, Smart’s odds have quickly shortened to favorites’ position – from +4000 to an average of +173 this past week.
- [Mar 22] Adebayo is your new favorite, while Gobert has faded to odds of +175
- [Mar 11] Bam Adebayo has hopped in front of Antetokounmpo as top contender to Gobert – who remains odds-on favorite
- [Mar 2] The Jazz C is now the odds-on favorite, while Draymond Green’s odds have fallen with him out of the lineup due to injury. Antetokounmpo is now the top contender to Gobert
- [Feb 17] Gobert has moved in to favorites’ position alone ahead of the All-Star break after playing well in his return to the court for Utah
- [Feb 9] While Gobert and Green remain favored, Jaren Jackson Jr’s odds continue shortening – now in triple digits at an average of +900
- [Feb 3] Green and Gobert now sport the same odds of +170 at FanDuel Sportsbook, while risers include Antetokounmpo, Jaren Jackson Jr. and MVP favorite Joel Embiid
- [Jan 27] Draymond remains the favorite, as we haven’t seen movement in the race over the past week
- [Jan 19] Gobert has come back from his bout with Covid, and has seen his odds shorten to +170, while Green has lengthened from odds-on favorite back to an average of +100 to +110 at most sportsbooks
- [Jan 12] With Rudy Gobert on the Covid list, Draymond Green has shifted to the odds-on favorite to capture the award
- [Dec 23] Draymond has shortened to average odds of +130, and can be found as short as +110 at the FanDuel Sportsbook
- [Dec 17] Amidst cancellations, Draymond Green remains the favorite. Anthony Davis remains in the top five despite going on the shelf with an MCL sprain for the next month
- [Dec 10] It looks to still be a two-man race between Draymond and Gobert, while Giannis has seen his odds slightly shorten over the past week
- [Dec 3] The Warriors have the best record in the league on the strength of their defense, as Draymond Green’s odds have shortened to +188 in favorites’ position on average
- [Nov 24] Draymond Green and Bam Adebayo’s prices are shortening amidst their teams’ host start to the year
- [Nov 17] Jimmy Butler has led a Heat defense that’s in the top five on the young season, seeing his odds shorten in to the top seven at odds of +2500
- [Nov 9] With LeBron indefinitely sidelined, AD is picking up the slack on the defensive end, and his odds have shortened to +400 on average
- [Nov. 5] While Gobert remains the favorite, Ben Simmons has totally fallen out of the race while in his stalemate with the 76ers, leaving space for Giannis Antetokounmpo to jump in at average odds of +620
- [October 15] No significant movement in the DPOY odds with the season looming next week
- [October 5] Despite refusing to play if not traded from Philly, Ben Simmons’ odds have not slipped from an average of +500
- [June 9] Can Rudy Gobert win four DPOY awards in five seasons? The opening odds favor him to do just that, although Ben Simmons is right on his heels at odds of +350
2021-22 NBA DPOY Odds
|Jaren Jackson Jr||+1500|
Odds as of March 29th at Caesars Sportsbook.
Archived Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker’s: 2021