The Yankees/Blue Jays rivalry is starting to heat up. As happens with all noxious gasses, the heating process has caused expansion, and the rivalry has oozed its way out of the diamond and into the streets.
After the Yankees took two of three from the Jays in Toronto – moving back into the AL East lead in the process – massively massive pitcher CC Sabathia decided it was time to celebrate! So he threw on his pinkest of pink shoes and headed (where else) to da club! Unfortunately for CC, he was still in Toronto … and Toronto clubs are filled with Torontonians … and Torontonians are currently filled with an immense sense of pride in the Blue Jays for the first time in 20 years.
To make a long story short (because we don’t know the long version yet and, thus, have no choice), something happened that spurred some fisticuffs between Sabathia, his entourage, and the Blue Jays faithful.
Both Sabathia and the Jays fans should be incredibly thankful for that one guy who forces Sabathia into a waiting cab. (Sabathia could have been on the wrong end of a fine, suspension, or worse, while the Jays fans could have been eaten by the 6’7″, 285 pound pitching monstrosity.)
Without the full story behind the fight, we can only guess at how it started. As with all our guesses, though, some seem more likely than others and we’ve attached some nombres.
Below, we also take a look at which players – past and present – would be the MLB heavyweight champ, should such a belt exist.
Baseball Fight Odds:
How did the CC Sabathia night club fight start?
- A Blue Jays fan scuffed Sabathia’s giant, pink hightops: 4/1
- Sabathia went into Hulk mode after a Jays fan tempted him with a box of Captain Crunch: 6/1
- Jays fans were angry because Sabathia was consuming all of the oxygen: 10/1
- Knowing he’d get scratched from his next start, Sabathia was merely doing what was best for the team: 15/1
Who would be the MLB heavyweight champ?
- Kyle Farnsworth: 1/1
- Albert Belle: 3/2
- Izzy Alcantara: 3/1 [Excuse the poor video. It’s the best we could do for this one-time Red Sock.]
- James Shields or Coco Crisp: 100/1 [LOL. Good try, guys.]
(Photo credit: Keith Allison (flickr) [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode].)