- The RBC Heritage tees off Thursday, April 18th
- Dustin Johnson & Francesco Molinari are among a decent field teeing it up
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
It’s the week after Tiger Woods’ thrilling fifth career Masters title so a letdown in the golf calendar is to be expected. Harbour Town Golf Links, which puts a premium on ball striking with some of the smallest greens on tour, is the next destination.
The RBC Heritage boasts a pretty solid field that includes the newly minted world #1 Dustin Johnson, who’s coming off a runner-up finish at the Masters.
2019 RBC Heritage Odds
|Golfer||Odds to Win RBC Heritage at Bovada||Odds to Win RBC Heritage at Mybookie|
|Si Woo Kim||+3300||+4000|
*Odds taken 04/15/19. Follow the link in the table above to see all options.
Don’t bank on Dustin Johnson winning at RBC Heritage
At first blush, ever betting against Dustin Johnson, in particular without a loaded field, would seem blasphemous. This course doesn’t really play into his strengths, however, because driver is taken out of his hands on many holes since accuracy is at an all-time premium.
Dustin Johnson at #TheMasters:
2009-2014: 12 over par 😠
2015-2019: 23 under par 😃 pic.twitter.com/qLWL8aWdNo
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) April 13, 2019
There also naturally will be a letdown in the immediate aftermath of losing out on a green jacket by one stroke. Last year, Johnson finished T-16th here to go along with two other missed cuts at Harbour Town in his career.
Webb Simpson a solid choice to win RBC Heritage
Coming off a top-five finish at the Masters, Webb Simpson returns to a course where he’s had a lot of success on, most notably finishing runner-up in a playoff in 2013.
Webb Simpson is a billion under par today, but for some reason this is still all I can think about when I watch him pic.twitter.com/8suX6Q1nhR
— College Golf (@College_Golfers) May 11, 2018
Webb is 28th in strokes gained: tee to green and eleventh in SG: around the green this season which bodes very well at this tight and precise golf course. He’s worth a wager this week at +2500.
Webb Simpson’s Best Career Finishes at RBC Heritage
|2013||2nd (lost in playoff)|
Last 5 RBC Heritage Winners
2019 RBC Heritage: Best Value Picks
- Sung-Jae Im (+4000): Brilliant rookie season including five top-7’s with three in previous five starts. 20th in Total Strokes Gained on tour. Would continue trend of three straight first time winners at RBC Heritage.
- Luke Donald (+5000): Showed signs of a career resurrection after top-10 at Valspar Championship. He’s done everything but win here – five runner-ups and two third place showings.
- Marc Leishman (+5000): 20th in strokes gained: approach the green this year. Five top-10’s including a victory this season.
- Brandt Snedeker (+6600): Super juicy odds for the 2011 winner of this event. Fourth in strokes gained: around the green this season. Tied for fifth at last months Players Championship.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.