- The European Tour’s DP World Tour Championship tees off Thursday, December 10th
- This is the final event in the season long ‘Race to Dubai’ points list with Patrick Reed a heavy favorite
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
The final event of 2020 on the European Tour calendar takes the players to Jumeirah Golf Estates (Earth Course) in Dubai, where not only does the winner of the season-long ‘Race to Dubai’ list make $1.5 million, but the event champion takes home a cool $3 million dollars.
Patrick Reed enters this championship as the leader in the Race to Dubai standings, and is also the +800 betting favorite to win this tournament over Tyrrell Hatton and last week’s Mayakoba Classic winner Viktor Hovland.
Jon Rahm has dominated at this track, winning twice in the last three years but he elected not to defend his title this go around. Read on to see the odds and best value picks.
2020 DP World Tour Championship Odds
|Erik van Rooyen||+3300|
Odds taken December 7th from FanDuel
Christiaan Bezuidenhout Is on a Roll
Nobody comes into this tournament hotter than Christiaan Bezuidenhout, who has won the last two weeks by four at the Alfred Dunhill Championship and then followed that up with a five shot romp at last week’s South African Open. Those two events were co-sanctioned between the European and Sunshine Tours.
Christiaan Bezuidenhout has won each of the last 2 weeks on the @EuropeanTour by 4+ strokes.
He's the first player to win in back-to-back weeks on the European Tour by 4 or more shots since Ian Woosnam in 1990 (Monte Carlo, Scottish).
— Justin Ray (@JustinRayGolf) December 6, 2020
The 26-year-old South African became the first player in three years to win back-to-back weeks on the European Tour, and he enters this championship as the eight favorite on the board at +2000.
Considering how great he’s been playing, he probably should have lower odds than that, but because he’s not as big a name as the players ahead of him, he flies under the radar and that’s when you can get him at very good value this week.
Last Five DP World Tour Championship Winners
|2019||Jon Rahm (-19)|
|2018||Danny Willett (-18)|
|2017||Jon Rahm (-19)|
|2016||Matthew Fitzpatrick (-17)|
|2015||Rory McIlroy (-21)|
DP World Tour Championship Best Value Picks
- Andy Sullivan (+2700): Led through all three days at last weeks other Euro Tour event in Dubai before eventually getting passed, resulting in a tie for second. Has a win earlier this year as part of his six top-10s in 2020. Has two top-10s at this track, with one last year and a solo second in 2015.
- Danny Willett (+4000): Absolutely loves playing this course, where he won at in 2018. Followed that victory up with a fifth place showing here last year, and also has a T-4 in 2015.
- Jamie Donaldson (+8000): A longer shot with some big upside, based on the current state of his game. Was a runner-up last week at the South African Open, and just three starts before that was T-3rd. Just one missed cut in last twelve tournaments, where he’s been inside the top-20 in seven of them.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.