theScore Bet ReviewAdvertising Disclosure
- TheScore Bet launched in 2019
- No longer operational in US markets: Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, and New Jersey
- Now available in Ontario
- Wagering with theScore Bet is a complete experience
- Powered by a respected sports media brand that knows what fans want
- Extensive list of sports you can bet on with any type of wager
- The only way to wager with theScore Bet
- Technology built by a company that focuses strictly on mobile apps
- One of the best platforms on the market
theScore Bet Review: What You Need to Know
As one of the most recognized sports media brands to come out of the Great White North, theScore is already a household name among Canadian sports fans who use their renowned mobile app to get the latest sports news on a regular basis.
It should come as no surprise that their betting brand, theScore Bet, is generating plenty of hype—and for good reason. Launched in 2019, theScore was acquired by Penn National Gaming Inc. in 2021. A big part of that deal was Penn’s interest in theScore Bet app which had maintained a strong presence in the US since launching. However, theScore Bet is no longer available in the US sports betting market.
So, here’s the million-dollar question: does theScore app’s silky smooth user experience also translate to theScore Bet? Is it just as easy-to-use? How does it match up to other online sportsbooks on the market? To find the answers to those questions and more, we put the sports betting site and app to the test and compiled this review to equip you with all the essential information you need to know about theScore Bet.
Where Is theScore Bet Legal?
TheScore Bet is one of the fastest-growing sports wagering platforms in the industry today. As such, their betting markets are constantly expanding with a slew of new users throughout Canada. On April 4, 2022, theScore Bet Canada became available for sports bettors in Ontario.
The sports betting brand once had a presence in four US states: Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, and New Jersey. They’re currently exclusively at the forefront of Canadian sports betting now that it’s legal and regulated in Ontario.
theScore Bet States
As of July 1, theScore Bet is no longer operational in the US sports betting market.
Here are the states where theScore Bet used to be available:
|Colorado Sports Betting||No|
|Iowa Sports Betting||No|
|Indiana Sports Betting||No|
|New Jersey Sports Betting||No|
theScore Bet Provinces
Single-game sports betting was legalized in Canada in August 2021. That said, it’s up to each individual province to dictate how they want to run and regulate sportsbooks within their borders.
TheScore Bet Canada officially joined the Canada sports betting scene when commercial sportsbooks started arriving. Ontario was the first province to welcome major online sportsbooks, including theScore Bet, on April 4, 2022.
In an important step towards launching in Canada, theScore Bet received Gaming Laboratories International GLI-33 certification for its mobile sports betting and iGaming app on December 20, 2021. This was one of the final requirements theScore Bet had to fulfill before launching in Canada.
theScore Bet Bonuses
NOTE: These promos are no longer available in the US sports betting market. We’re keeping this page updated with all the latest information in the event theScore Bet decides to return to any of these states.
TheScore Bet used to have a strong welcome bonus for first-time bettors. Let’s take a closer look at the offers to get the full scoop on how they benefited US sports bettors.
First Deposit Match Bonus Up to $1,000
Once available in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, and New Jersey, this promo was theScore Bet’s premier bet offer.
Here’s what you needed to do to take advantage of this risk-free bonus:
- Sign up for an account with theScore Bet
- Make your first deposit and get a match bonus of up to $1,000 (minimum $10 deposit)
- The bonus will unlock into cash at a rate of 5% (“Cashback Rate”) of the wagered amount on cash bets at greater than -300 odds (e.g. -200 odds or +200 odds would qualify)
- Bettors who cash out of any wager that was used to unlock the bonus will have the corresponding amount of unlocked bonus revert back from cash to the bonus balance
- Bettors have 60 days to use their bonus balance by placing cash bets
TheScore Bet also offers a number of special odds boosts for the NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA college football, and NCAA college basketball.
theScore Bet Sportsbook
As a betting site owned and operated by a giant sports media company, the overall experience with theScore Bet is nothing short of spectacular.
The bet types available on theScore Bet are seemingly endless and can easily compete with big name brands like DraftKings and FanDuel. With a deep history of understanding what sports fans love, theScore Bet gives you everything you need to make online sports wagers on your favorite games and events, from the Super Bowl to a regular season NHL game.
Whether it’s pre-game or live betting, theScore Bet has a reliable platform with great functionality that won’t let you down. They offer every betting type you could possibly want, including moneyline, totals, point spread, props, parlays, teasers, and round robins. You won’t be limited when you go to place your first bet with theScore Bet sportsbook.
They also offer betting options for every major sport, along with some more niche options like table tennis. These options include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aussie Rules Football
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Football (NFL, NCAA)
- Hockey (NHL)
- MMA (UFC)
- Soccer (Premier League, Ligue 1, etc.)
No matter what game you want to bet on, chances are you’ll find lines for it with theScore Bet.
theScore Bet App
Anyone familiar with theScore knows they have one of the most popular sports news apps on the market. Millions of fans have downloaded the celebrated sports media app and rely on it for daily news and analysis, and this platform is the bread and butter of their media empire.
It should come as no surprise that theScore’s sports betting app lives up to all expectations. With a sleek design, reliable technology that won’t slow you down, and an infrastructure that’s easy to navigate, theScore Bet app won’t let you down.
Their mobile sportsbook app is available for Android and iOS, and you can download it to wager within Ontario, Canada.
How to Sign Up at theScore Bet
The sign-up process with theScore Bet is standard and in-line with all other regulated sportsbooks. They’ll ask you for a few key pieces of information while you register:
- Email address
- Username and password
- Phone number
- Email verification code
- Last four digits of SSN
Banking With theScore Bet
Bettors will find most major deposit and withdrawal options available with theScore Bet, no matter what state they’re wagering from.
Making deposits with theScore Bet is speedy and convenient, so you’ll be wagering on your favorite games in no time.
- Debit and Credit: You can use major debit and credit cards like Visa and Mastercard to add funds to your account with theScore Bet.
- Play+ Card: theScore Bet accepts deposits made with a Play+ prepaid card. This card can also be used to make withdrawals, so it’s a great option for keeping things streamlined.
- Online Banking: While online banking typically has longer process times than other payment methods, you can still choose this option with theScore Bet if you prefer.
These payment methods give you safe and reliable ways to deposit funds to your account with theScore Bet.
How Does theScore Bet Payout?
The payout methods are a little bit more limited at theScore Bet, but this tends to be the case with every major sports betting site.
- Play+ Card: As mentioned in the deposits section above, you can use this prepaid card to collect any subsequent winnings from theScore Bet.
- Online Banking: You can withdraw winnings to your personal account with online banking, although processing times could be slower with this method.
- eCheck: This is another great option for withdrawing your winnings from theScore Bet, as you’ll get a digital check delivered to your account’s associated email address.
It’s good to know that collecting your winnings from theScore Bet is a straightforward and flexible process.
The customer support team at theScore Bet are friendly and extremely helpful. Aside from their comprehensive FAQ section, there are two ways to get in touch with theScore Bet:
- Telephone support – 1 (855) 550-1238
- Email support – firstname.lastname@example.org
No matter which option you choose, theScore Bet customer service is top-notch. Their platform is so great, you probably won’t need too much support, but it’s easy to wager with confidence knowing this team has your back.
The Bottom Line
When all’s said and done, theScore Bet is a fantastic sportsbook that will keep fans highly engaged. Thanks to their history in the sports media industry, theScore Bet knows exactly what sports bettors are looking for, and their sports betting sites and mobile app deliver that and much more.
Make sure you download the premier betting app from theScore Bet and complete the registration process if you’re eligible. You won’t regret placing wagers on your favorite games with theScore Bet.