- Brendon Todd leads the Travelers Championship after three rounds following a career best 9-under, 61
- Many big names in pursuit, including Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy
- See the updated live odds at TPC River Highlands heading into Sunday’s final round
Low scores are the norm at the Travelers Championship, and this week is no exception. Brendon Todd took full advantage of moving day in Cromwell, Connecticut with a scintillating career-best round of 9-under 61, which has opened up a two-shot edge heading into Sunday.
If you were to place a bet on Todd at the beginning of the week, you’d be sitting pretty right about now because he was a +25000 long shot before the tournament teed off.
He could become the first three-time winner of the 2019-20 season, but should he stumble Dustin Johnson could take full advantage, as he’s his closest pursuer in second place after his own career low round of 9-under 61.
Live Travelers Championship Odds
Odds taken June 27th.
Todd Dominating Tee-To-Green
The reason Brendon Todd was such a crazy darkhorse at the beginning of the week was because he missed the first two cuts since the tour returned to action and hadn’t been that great prior to the hiatus. However, he’s been a machine this week, hitting 41 of 42 fairways, which is absolutely insane.
192 (-18) 54-hole total by Brendon Todd is a @TravelersChamp tournament record
— PGA TOUR Communications (@PGATOURComms) June 27, 2020
He won twice to start the season in the fall series at the Bermuda Championship and the Mayakoba Classic, but his best finish in 2020 was a tie for 18th, so it’s not exactly like he’d been setting the world on fire.
Brendon Todd leads in his quest for a third victory this season. In his other 14 starts, he has exactly one top-10 result. Just serves as yet another reminder: Brief bouts of brilliance are way more beneficial on the PGA Tour than long-term consistency.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) June 27, 2020
He’s playing with Dustin Johnson, which makes his job that much more difficult to close out the event. Todd has just one bogey this week and is first in strokes gained: tee-to-green, but with +185 odds, it’s hard to pull the trigger on a guy who won those two tournaments in 2019 against weak fields.
Dustin Johnson Breaking Out of Funk
By his lofty standards, Johnson hasn’t been firing on all cylinders for a while now, with just two top-10’s in his last 14 PGA Tour events. He hit 12 of 14 fairways Saturday along with 16 greens in regulation.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) June 27, 2020
The only thing to nitpick with the 20-time tour winner is simply that he hasn’t found himself in the hunt for a long time, but because of the name and reputation, you’re getting the +200 odds. I’d much prefer wagering on a prolific winner like DJ than Brendon Todd.
Last Five Travelers Championship Winners
Best Live Value Picks at Travelers Championship
- Kevin Streelman (+800): Winner of this tournament in 2014 with a furious rally when he birdied the last seven holes. Finished second earlier this year at Pebble Beach and he’s three back, which is prime position to fire at flags and be aggressive.
- Bryson DeChambeau (+900): No point in switching our pre-tournament pick of DeChambeau now. He’s had five straight top-8 finishes and is fourth in final round scoring average this season with a pair of 66’s in the final round the last two weeks.
- Kevin Na (+2500): In a tie for fifth, just five strokes off the lead. Na is fourth in putting, sixth in accuracy and eighth in scrambling this week. Has racked up three wins in the last two years.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.