- The European Tour’s DP World Tour Championship Dubai tees off Thursday, November 18th
- Rory McIlroy is the favorite at +550, followed by Collin Morikawa
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
The European Tour’s climax to the Race to Dubai tees off Thursday, November 18th with plenty of star power vying for the championship and also the season-long Race to Dubai title. Americans Collin Morikawa and Billy Horschel are 1-2 in the standings, attempting to become the first Americans to win the RTD. Jon Rahm, who has twice won this tournament (2017, 2019), surprisingly opted not to compete.
Despite the fact Rory McIlroy has no chance to win the RTD, he’s attempting to win for the third time at Jumeirah Golf Estates (Earth Course), having also emerged victorious in 2012 and 2015. He’s the betting favorite to win outright at +550, followed by Morikawa at +750.
2021 DP World Tour Championship Dubai Odds
|Min Woo Lee||+2500|
Odds as of November 15th at DraftKings.
Defending Champion Matt Fitzpatrick Loves This Event
The third favorite on the board is defending champion Matt Fitzpatrick, and that’s for good reason based on his success at this course plus his recent form. Since 2015, these are his results at this venue – T-4th, WIN, 12th, T-34th, 9th, WIN.
There are certain ‘horses for courses’ and Fitzpatrick without question embodies that at Jumeirah Golf Estates (Earth Course). Apart from that tie for 34th, he has nothing worse than a 12th place showing in the five other appearances at this championship.
Complete the sentence –
Matthew Fitzpatrick's stinger driver swing is _____________ pic.twitter.com/k5Lmz1ildj
— HowDidiDo (@HowDidiDo) July 27, 2020
Just three starts ago, Fitzpatrick claimed the Andalucia Masters for the seventh European Tour title of his career. While his odds of +1400 aren’t super enticing, you can realistically expect him to at worst be on the periphery of contention, at least based on his past success here. The top two golfers on the board in McIlroy and Morikawa have such low odds that it makes it hard to stomach placing a wager on them. At +1400, Fitzy is a decent play here.
Pick: Matt Fitzpatrick (+1400)
Last Five DP World Tour Championship Dubai Winners
2021 DP World Tour Championship Dubai Best Value Picks
- Patrick Reed (+2800): Last year at this tournament, Patrick Reed co-led heading into the final round, before settling for a tie for third. Had he won the event, he’d have won the season-long Race to Dubai title, so there’s perhaps extra motivation to do even better this go around. He’s had a very inconsistent stretch of late, dropping these odds down to +2800, but just three events ago he was runner-up at the Bermuda Championship.
- Danny Willett (+5000): This track has been comfortable for the 2016 Masters champion. He won at this venue in 2018, and in 2015, he was T-4th. He was also fifth place in 2019. Just five starts ago, he won the European Tour’s prestigious Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, and has posted a pair of top-30’s in his four starts after that.
- Nicolai Hojgaard (+6500): Nicolai Hojgaard has started to emerge from his twin brother Rasmus’ shadow and play some really good golf. The 20-year-old Dane won just six starts ago in Italy for his first European Tour triumph, and in his last start at the Portugal Masters, he wound up in a tie for second.