- The exclusive Hero World Challenge tees off Thursday, December 1st
- Jon Rahm is the +600 favorite over Scottie Scheffler in an event featuring Tiger Woods
- Below, see the Hero World Challenge odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
The 20-player field at the Hero World Challenge is full of fantastic golfers, with six of the top-ten golfers in the world competing. It’s an unofficial tournament held at the Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas, and Tiger Woods is the host. He’s competing, along with 19 other world class players.
This venue has hosted this event six times, with Viktor Hovland defeating Scottie Scheffler by a single stroke last year. Jon Rahm is the +600 betting favorite, as he’s fresh off his second win in his last three worldwide starts at the DP World Tour Championship. Three straight Europeans have won this tournament (Hovland, Henrik Stenson, Rahm).
2022 Hero World Challenge Odds
Odds as of November 27th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your Hero World Challenge bets
This marks Tiger Woods’ first tournament since missing the cut at the Open Championship back in July. It begins a busy month for the former world #1, as Tiger will play ‘The Match’ December 10th, then the PNC father-son championship the following week.
Tony Finau on a Tear
For years Tony Finau wasn’t able to close out tournaments, but the floodgates have opened, as he racked them up in 2022. He won back-to-back weeks at the 3M Open and Rocket Mortgage Classic, then in his most recent event, he took the Houston Open. In his last 36 rounds, he’s tops in a slew of ‘strokes gained’ categories.
Tony Finau’s Strokes Gained Stats In Last 36 Rounds
|Total||Tee-To-Green||Ball Striking||Short Game||Putting||Approach||Off-The-Tee|
Finau has also fared very well on this track in his career. In 2018, he was the runner-up to Jon Rahm. Then in 2019, he was T-10th, and last year was T-7th. His odds are +1000, which are longer than the top-two players on the board.
Past Five Hero World Challenge Winners
*There was no 2020 tournament due to COVID-19
2022 Hero World Challenge Picks and Value Bets
- Viktor Hovland (+1400): Defending champion Viktor Hovland is the king of resort destination events, having won here last year, along with a victory in Puerto Rico and two in Mexico. The Norwegian has six top-25’s in his last seven worldwide starts. In the last twelve rounds on the PGA Tour, he’s fourth in total strokes gained.
- Tom Kim (+2000): In his last seven tournaments, the 20-year-old sensation Tom Kim has been in the top-25 in six of them. In that span, he’s won his first two PGA Tour events (Wyndham Championship, Shriners Children’s Open). He starred at the Presidents Cup, showing he’s not scared to take down elite competition. Kim is coming off a T-4th in his most recent tourney, at the Dunlop Phoenix, and he’s second in total strokes gained the last 24 rounds.
- Collin Morikawa (+2000): Collin Morikawa didn’t have an exceptional year by his lofty standards, but these odds against just 19 other players are very enticing. Even with a down year, Morikawa still posted five top-5’s. Of particular note, he has played this course very well, as he held a five-stroke lead here a year ago through 54 holes (finished T-5th).