- LIV Golf continues its inaugural season on Friday (September 16th) at Rich Harvest Farms just outside of Chicago, IL
- Jason Kokrak finished seventh at the previous LIV Golf event in Boston, racking up 10 birdies and an eagle over his final 36 holes.
- See the latest LIV Golf Chicago odds, plus analysis and best bets to win
LIV Golf and the PGA Tour resume their head-to-head rivalry this week, with each organization staging a tournament in the United States. While the PGA stop in Napa Valley features little star power, the same cannot be said for LIV Golf Chicago.
The field is stacked once again, with 11 Major Championship winners. Dustin Johnson headlines the odds board, fresh off his maiden LIV Golf victory in Boston.
2022 LIV Golf Chicago Odds
|Golfers||Odds to Win|
|Harold Varner III||+3000|
|Charles Howell III||+3500|
Odds as of September 13th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Get the DraftKings Sportsbook promo code.
At +500 odds, favorite Johnson is essentially unbettable given the variance associated with a golf tournament, and that sentiment goes for Cam Smith and Joaquin Niemann right behind him as well.
In fact, the first 10 names on on the board are all fades for us this week either due to poor form or an over inflated price. Bryson DeChambeau is the first value that jumps off the page at +3000, but we’re going to start our card with another American instead.
Kokrak Worth a Look
That would be Jason Kokrak, who fared very well at the last LIV Golf stop in Boston. Kokrak finished seventh, on the heels of a blistering hot weekend. He carded 10 birdies and an eagle over his final 36 holes to finish just three shots out of a playoff.
Kokrak joined LIV Golf after middling results on the PGA Tour in 2022, but let’s not forget what he’s capable of. He won three times during the 2020-21 season and should suit this week’s track very well.
❌ 233 PGA Tour starts without a win
🏆🏆🏆 Now has 3 in his last 27
Jason Kokrak is your Houston Open champion
— National Club Golfer (@NCG_com) November 14, 2021
Rich Harvest Farms is a 7,700 yard beast, that is incredibly demanding off the tee. Kokrak’s at his best when he’s ripping driving, and few players in the world can get as hot as he can with the putter. He gained strokes on the greens in 11 of his final 15 PGA Tour events before defecting, beating the field with the flat stick by over 4 strokes on four separate occasions during that stretch.
2022 LIV Golf Champions
Given his pedigree and recent form, he’s an outstanding value in the outright market. He grew up in the Midwest and should feel right at home this week in Chicago.
Pick: Jason Kokrak to Win (+3000)
2022 LIV Golf Chicago Best Value Picks
- Matthew Wolff (+3500): If the books keep making Wolff a screaming value, we’re going to continue to bet him. Wolff roared out to the opening round lead in Boston before stumbling to a 13th place finish. Nevertheless, a string of second, eighth and 13th place results over his last three events represents strong form. He’s arguably the longest hitter in LIV Golf, and can get white-hot with his putter. A good recipe for success this week.
- Sam Horsfield (+5500): Played excellently last week on the DP World Tour with an 18th place showing at Wentworth. He won earlier this year on that Tour, and prior to joining LIV, he ranked top-25 in Europe in driving distance, putting, scoring and greens in regulation. Horsfield underwhelmed in Boston, but did close with a Sunday 65, which was one of the better performances of the entire final round.