- Season 6 continues of Dana White’s Contenders Series continues this Tuesday, August 30th
- Welterweights Yusaku Kinoshita and Jose Henrique Souza headline the event
- Take a look at Dana White’s Contender Series week 6 odds and betting preview below
Week 6 of Dana White’s Contender Series is set to take off on Tuesday night from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
After the excitement of last week’s heavyweight brawlers, two enticing welterweights headline this week’s card. Yusaku Kinoshita and Jose Henrique will look to make their mark and vie for a UFC contract. The action gets underway at 8:00 pm ET on ESPN+. The great thing about Dana White’s Contender Series is every fighter aims to entertain and impress, leading to riveting scraps and violent finishes.
Following a 3-2 record last week, including correctly picking a couple of underdog winners, you’ll want to take a look at our best bets for week 6.
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 6 Odds
|Jose Henrique Souza||+170|
Odds as of August 29th at BetMGM.
Yusaku Kinoshita vs Jose Henrique Odds & Pick
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 6 main event features a compelling match up between two highly rated welterweight prospects.
Yusaku Kinoshita is a 22-year-old blood hungry prospect who’s only loss is because he stomped an opponent unconscious. The stomp was fully legal in the promotion he was fighting in, however it was ruled a disqualification because he held onto the fence. The 7th-ranked welterweight in Japan has finished every fight of his career in devastating fashion.
After fighting at middleweight for the entirety of his pro career, Jose Henrique will cut down to 170 for this battle. The 6’5 Henrique fights out of the prestigious Nova União gym in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. On a five-fight win streak to begin his career, the Brazilian will be in exquisite shape and very prepared for his shot at a UFC contract. The Nova União team has produced UFC stalwarts Renan Barao, Jose Aldo, and Thales Leites.
Henrique is no slouch on his feet and will try to use his length to stifle Kinoshita’s striking. The Brazilian owns three finishes of his own, and trains against some of the very best strikers in MMA.
Yusaku Kinoshita’s speed may be a significant factor in this one. His ability to get inside and under Jose Henrique’s guard will be crucial in the outcome of this fight. The Japanese prospect will be looking to make a statement on Dana White’s Contender Series. He possesses accurate hands, and excellent timing. Look Kinoshita to eventually find the chink in the much taller Souza’s armor and capitalize.
Pick: Yusaku Kinoshita to win (-200)
Other Dana White’s Contender Series Week 6 Bets:
- Penaz is an elite kickboxer who was once ranked in Glory Kickboxing with a record of 22-3. His striking is nasty, expect him to find the chin of Sedriques Dumas sooner than later. Matej Penaz to win -175.
- Rebecki like so many trained grapplers, struggles on his feet. He holds his chin high and alarmingly has a tendency to dip his head down when someone throws. Rodrigo Lidio possesses the striking game and power to end this fight quickly. Bet Lidio +200.
- Dudakova is a good fighter, but Maria Silva has top-15 potential. She’s nasty and has the potential to be an impact fighter in the UFC right now. Bet Silva to win -205.
- Canadian Alex Morgan fights out of TriStar in Montreal, Quebec and has faced far more quality opponents than Blake Bilder. He’s also far more experienced with 15 professional fights to his name. Pick Morgan to win at -215.