- Dana White’s Contenders Series Week 7 get underway on Tuesday night (Sep. 6)
- A light heavyweight matchup headlines this week’s card
- Read below for the Petrino vs Bellato odds, best bets, and more
Dana White’s Contenders Series week 7 is set for this Tuesday night on ESPN +. Major underdogs coming away victorious was the story of last week’s card, let’s see if that continues in week 7.
This week an all-Brazilian showdown headlines the card, as Vitor Petrino battles Rodolfo Bellato. Both fighters should be familiar with the other’s skill set as this main event is a rematch of a 2019 fight.
The action gets underway at 8pm ET from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Who will come out on top and earn themselves a UFC contract on Tuesday?
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 7 Odds
Odds as of September 4th at Draftkings Sportsbook.
Petrino enters as the -190 moneyline favorite with Bellato coming back as a +160 underdog. The biggest favorite on the board is Tereza Bleda in the first bout of the night; she is -675 chalk over Nayara Maia. The only fight without a clear favorite is Ismael Bonfim vs Nariman Abbasov, which is currently a pick’em at -110 both ways.
Vitor Petrino vs Rodolfo Bellato Odds & Pick
Incredibly, this main event is a rematch from a Brazilian regional bout in 2019. Vitor Petrino will once again step in to the octagon with his compatriot Rodolfo Bellato. His camp will be hoping for the same result, as Petrino put Bellato away in just 25 seconds.
— caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) May 4, 2019
Hailing from Minas Gerais, Brazil, Vitor Petrino was born to fight. The 25-year-old has ripped off six straight wins to begin his career, while finishing five of them. He has devastating hands, and is a fun fighter to watch, as Petrino aggressively looks to put away his opponent. That strategy has worked brilliantly so far in his career, and against a familiar opponent he’ll be confident on Tuesday night.
Make no mistake, Petrino possesses the power to end this fight at any moment. He enters every bout looking to make it a scrap and finish his opponent violently.
Fighting out of the Team Nogueira camp Rodolfo Bellato is a much more accomplished grappler than Petrino. The issue is whether or not he can take this fight to the ground. Bellato will be looking to avenge the only blemish on his record thus far. Having finished his last two fights by submission, Bellato will look to be patient and bait his opponent into a mistake.
There’s little value on betting on the favourite here, Bellato lost to Petrino in just his third professional fight. He’ll have learned from that mistake and be much more technical on Tuesday night with a UFC contract on the line. Bet on Rodolfo Bellato to use his superior grappling technique to get Petrino to the ground and finish the fight from there.
Pick: Rodolfo Bellato to win +160
Other Dana White’s Contenders Series Week 7 Bets:
- Undefeated welterweight Gabriel Bonfim is the real deal. He’s finished eight of his 12 bouts via submission. Bonfim has the potential to be a ranked UFC contender in the future. The Brazilian boasts a clean striking game with a devastating matrix of submissions. Look for him to set the tone early in this bout and remain undefeated. Bet Bonfim to win -275.
- Gabriel’s brother Ismael will also hop into the octagon on Tuesday night. He’ll fight the extremely experienced Nariman Abbasov. The line has already swung in Abbasov’s favour as oddsmakers have no idea what to make out of the wild Russian. He may not be the most technical fighter, but Abbasov is the number one ranked lightweight in Russia for a reason. Take Abbasov to win -110.
- Tereza Blaida is a much more experienced fighter, but at +480 take a flyer on Nayara Maia and hope for some fireworks.