- Dana White’s Contender Series is back for Week 2 on August 11th
- Last week’s episode saw three UFC contracts be handed out, how many will there be this week?
- See the odds and betting preview for Season 4, Week 2 within the story below
Dana White’s Contender Series has become one of the must-watch events for MMA fans. Normally stretching from July to August, it was pushed back this year from August to October due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The show has produced the likes of Sean O’Malley, Sodiq Yusuff, Dan Ige, and Ian Heinisch among countless others.
In the main event of week 2, Joseph Pyfer battles Dustin Stoltzfus at middleweight. The card airs live at 8 p.m. EST on ESPN+ and TSN in Canada.
DWCS Week 2 Odds
|Fighter||Odds at DraftKings|
All odds taken Aug. 11
Will Stoltzfus Extend His Finish Streak?
Joseph Pyfer (7-1) is just 23-years-old and is the former Ring of Combat and Art of War Cage Fighting middleweight champion. Although he is just 1-1 in his last two fights, he is considered one of the top middleweight prospects unsigned to a top promotion.
He did beat Bellator veteran Matt Foster by first round knockout last September.
Dustin Stolzftus (12-1) is riding a very impressive nine-fight winning streak with six of those wins coming by stoppage. Although the 28-year-old was born in Pennsylvania, he has fought in German promotions including We Love MMA – where he was the middleweight champion and defended that belt two times.
His most notable win is against Bellator and Cage Warriors veteran Jonas Billstein, with Stoltzfus winning by second-round knockout.
Although Pyfer is hyped up by many as a top prospect I just don’t see it. He has only fought three people with records above .500 and the combined records of the opponent he fought are 37-40.
In this fight, I believe we will see Stoltzfus piece up Pyfer early to set up a takedown. Once he gets Pyfer down to the ground he should control the fight. He likes to use his ground game and hunts for submission – Pyfer’s lone loss is by submission.
The current odds of -234 are about as high as I’d pay for Stoltzfus so if you like him bet him now as I believe he could close as a -300 favorite come Tuesday night.
Pick: Dustin Stoltzfus (-234)
Pyfer vs Stoltzfus Key Stats
Other DWCS Week 2 Picks:
- Adrian Yanez (-335): Adrian Yanez is someone I believe should already be in the UFC. Against Huang, he should have the advantage on the feet to eventually earn a TKO win and a UFC contract.
- Cory McKenna (+131): Vanessa Demopoulos and Cory McKenna are both solid on the ground and when two ground fighters usually fight it turns into a striking match. I believe we see that and McKenna does enough on the feet to earn a decision, but not a UFC contract.
- T.J. Laramie (-400): Laramie is easily the top Canadian fighter not signed to a top promotion. I’m super high on Laramie and I think he will be able to stuff Swain’s takedowns and eventually land a knockout punch and a UFC contract.
- Anthony Adams (+160): Both Anthony Adams and Impa Kasanganay have been on DWCS with Adams losing a split in 2018 and Kasanganay winning last summer but not getting a UFC contract. In this one, I believe Adams well be able to outwork Kasanganay on the feet to earn a decision but not a UFC contract at this time.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.