- The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are set to start on Saturday, May 15th
- The Colorado Avalanche finished with the most regular season points, capturing the 2021 Presidents’ Trophy
- Fill out your own Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket below
After an odd year in the NHL with a modified division format and shortened season, we have finally made it to the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The 16 team playoff, featuring four teams from each division, will start on Saturday, May 15th, 2021 when the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals square off.
The Colorado Avalanche finished with the best regular season record, as they enter the playoffs with the number one overall seed in the NHL. As the Presidents’ Trophy winner, the Colorado Avalanche are the favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup, while the Golden Knights and Leafs have the second and third best odds.
Download the full 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket below. Print it, fill it out, and compete with your friends to see who has the best bracket!
Printable NHL Playoffs Bracket
How to Fill Out Your Printable Bracket
This year’s playoff format is quite different than previous years, but we breakdown everything you need to know below:
- In each round, teams will compete in a best-of-seven series.
- For the first two rounds of the 2021 NHL Playoffs, teams will be playing within their respective divisions. With the playoff matchups based on divisional standings, simply pick who you think will win and in how many games.
- After the second round is complete, each division winner will be re-seeded from 1-4 depending on regular season points and then will play out the Stanley Cup Semifinals.
- For example, let’s say the Carolina Hurricanes, Washington Capitals, Edmonton Oilers, and St. Louis Blues made it to the Stanley Cup Semifinals. The seeding and matchups would be as follows: #1 Carolina (80 Points) vs #4 St. Louis (59 Points) and #2 Washington (77 Points) vs #3 Oilers (72 Points).
- Make sure to fill out your tiebreaker for the Stanley Cup Final, which is how many total goals will be scored in the series.
How to Score the Brackets
The scoring system can be at your own discretion, but this is how we are scoring our 2021 NHL Playoff Brackets:
- 1 point for every correct series winner in the first round, plus an additional point for every series you pick the right amount of games
- 2 points for every correct series winner in the second round, plus an additional point for every series you pick the right amount of games
- 4 points for every correct series winner in the Stanley Cup Semifinals, plus an additional point for every series you pick the right amount of games
- 8 points for picking the correct series winner in the Stanley Cup Final, plus an additional point if you pick the right amount of games
Need Help with NHL Playoff Picks?
Here are a few links to take a quick peek at before filling out your bracket:
Make sure to follow @SBD on Twitter so that you don’t miss any odds, picks, and news surrounding the 2021 NHL Playoffs.
2021 NHL Playoffs Schedule
With the North Division finishing much later than everyone else because of the Vancouver Canucks’ COVID-19 outbreak earlier in the season, their playoff series will start a little later. That being said, here are the scheduling details for the 2021 NHL Playoffs:
|Round||Date(s)||Number of Teams Remaining|
|First Round||May 15th-May 31st*||16|
|Stanley Cup Semifinal||TBD||4|
|Stanley Cup Final||TBD||2|
*Denotes last possible end date of the round