Upcoming Match-ups

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers Game 4 Prediction, Odds & Picks (Tuesday, May. 14)

Brady Trettenero

by Brady Trettenero in NHL Hockey

Updated May 14, 2024 · 4:36 PM PDT

Zach Hyman in front of Canucks goalie
May 12, 2024; Edmonton, Alberta, CAN; Edmonton Oilers forward Zach Hyman (18) tries to screen Vancouver Canucks goaltender Arturs Silovs (31) during the third period in game three of the second round of the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Rogers Place. Mandatory Credit: Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
  • The Edmonton Oilers are once again favorites against the Canucks, this time in Game 4
  • We’ve made our Canucks vs Oilers prediction for Game 4, including a play on the total
  • Read below for Canucks vs Oilers prediction, odds, and picks for Tuesday

Despite being the clear underdogs in the NHL series prices, the Vancouver Canucks have taken a 2-1 series lead over the Edmonton Oilers in their Western Conference playoff series. The action continues Tuesday night with Game 4 on tap. Puck drop is at 9:30 PM EST on ESPN and CBC.

The Oilers are making a change in the goalie crease, which has impacted our Oilers vs Canucks prediction for Game 4. Vancouver, meanwhile, will be without defender Carson Soucy, who was suspended one game for his cross-check on Oilers star Connor McDavid.

See our updated Canucks vs Oilers prediction for Game 4, focusing primarily on the game total.

Canucks vs Oilers Game 4 Prediction

The Canucks have taken a 2-1 series lead despite Edmonton outshooting them 94-61 in the series so far. The Oilers have lost the goaltending battle, and therefore are turning away from starter Stuart Skinner. Backup Calvin Pickard will be making his first start of the postseason against the Canucks in Game 4.

Going to Pickard is a bold move considering the 32-year-old career backup has never started a playoff game. However, the Canucks seemed to have figured out how to solve Skinner, lighting him up for 12 goals on 58 shots in the series. Pickard hasn’t started a game against the Canucks this year, but owns a .917 career save percentage against them.

Our best bet for Game 5 is going to be the under of 6.5. The Oilers are going to tighten up defensively knowing they have a new goaltender in the crease. They also simply can’t afford to drop two straight home games. On the other side, Artur Silovs should continue to shine after stopping 42 shots last game.

The “over” has cashed in all three playoff meetings, but we see the two teams falling under the posted total of 6.5 tonight. This is primarily due to the superb play of Silovs, and the Canucks requiring some time to discover how to pick apart Pickard like they did Skinner.

If you’re looking for player props, we’d bet McDavid to light the lamp. In his last nine games after laying a goose egg, McDavid has racked up nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points. He almost never goes consecutive games without making a scoring impact.

EDM-VAN Game 4 Picks:

  • Under 6.5 Goals (-115)
  • Connor McDavid Anytime Goalscorer
Bet $5 & Get $150 in Bonus Bets or a First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000!
Deposit required. Paid in Bonus Bets. Bonus Bets wager excluded from returns. New Customers only. T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply
$1,000 BACK

OR BET $5 & GET $150!


Canucks vs Oilers Odds Game 4

Team Spread Moneyline Total
VAN Canucks +1.5 (-150) +170 Over 6.5 (-105)
EDM Oilers -1.5 (+125) -205 Under 6.5 (-115)

In the Game 4 Canucks vs Oilers odds, Edmonton is the heavy -205 home favorite, giving them an implied win probability of 65%. The Canucks come back as the +170 underdogs, giving them an implied win probability of 35%.

Money has definitely come in on Vancouver in this game, as the Edmonton moneyline has shortened from -210 to -200 today at Pinnacle, one of the sharpest bookmakers in the world. The Canucks are certainly the more enticing bet, as a successful $10 bet on their moneyline would pay $17 compared to a $4.88 return on the Oilers ML.

Oddsmakers are still favoring the Oilers as they have been statistically the better team on paper. Kris Knoblauch’s team now has a 62.05 CF% in the series, compared to just a 37.95 CF% for Vancouver. The Oilers are also at home, where they lost just 15 games during the regular season.

If you’re looking at this game from a pure value standpoint, the Canucks at +170 is hard to pass up. They’ve won six of seven games with the Oilers going back to the regular season. However, Silovs is likely going to need to be incredible once again, as Edmonton will throw everything at him to avoid a 3-1 series deficit.

Oddsmakers are expecting another high-scoring game, with the total set at 6.5 once again. However, the heavier juice is on the “under,” with the -115 odds implying a 61% chance the two teams fail to combine for at least seven tallies.

Injury Report

The injury report for tonight’s crucial Game 4 between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers is a mixed bag of setbacks and suspensions. The Canucks will be without the services of goaltender Thatcher Demko, who remains sidelined indefinitely with a nagging knee injury.

Adding to their woes, defenseman Carson Soucy will be serving a one-game suspension for his ill-timed cross-check in the previous game.

The Oilers, meanwhile, will have to make do without the presence of center Adam Henrique, who is nursing an ankle injury and has been ruled out for the contest.


Author Image