Summer has finally arrived! With the advent of any new season, it’s imperative – imperative! – that we keep ourselves updated on the latest fashion trends. Whether it’s your hair, makeup, swimsuit, or outfit, we have you covered.
The biggest and broadest trend of the summer is the return of 70s boho chic, which is back with a modern twist. But that’s not the only trend you need to know. So close those 15 Net-a-Porter tabs that you have open and focus up; it’s time for summer fashion bootcamp with our top-eight can’t-miss trends.
- Fringe Everything: The most popular trend for summer 2015 – fringe – comes back to life from the 70s. We are seeing this on literally everything from dresses, to skirts, to shoes, even purses and swimsuits. If we had to pick one trend to define this summer, fringe is it!
- Ripped Jeans: This trend is carrying over from last fall, but has become even more dramatic: last fall’s simple, symmetrical line cut on each knee has become a full front leg cut and knee exposure, allowing more skin to show (rarely a bad thing, in our opinion). This trend is huge right now, in part, because we are seeing a lot celebrities take a shine to it and, in part, because stores are offering more variety than before.
- Bell-Bottom Pants: Bell-bottoms are another return trend from the 70s, but it’s not just limited to full-length pants. We are even seeing bell-bottom cuts on capris, overalls, and one-piece suits. As exciting as all of that sounds, this trend seems to have picked up more popularity in Europe than North America. Nonetheless, if you want to be up on the summer trends, you better get your Stevie Nicks on.
- Boho Hats: Boho hats were huge during this year’s Coachella music festival and this trend is carrying over into summer. This is the perfect accessory to complete the 70s style resurgence and it helps add a little flare to your beach outfit.
- White Lace Boho Chic: The most popular fabric used for garments this summer is an off-white lace. In keeping with the 70s theme, the garments tend to be flared and the lace is often layered, creating a dimension of flow and easy movement. These pieces are perfect for a summer day and pair great with a boho hat to give you that chic 70s look.
- The Boho Bikini: The boho feel is also being brought to the beach by bikinis featuring small floral prints and embellishments of gold and beads. As for the cuts, the trend is leaning towards high-waisted bottoms.
- Back to Basic Lips: This year’s hottest makeup trend is the return to minimalism. The nude and no-makeup look is the goal for this season as seen on almost all the runways of 2015 fashion shows. As such, lipsticks have also turned to more nude and light colors to accommodate the boho-chic trends.
- Beige Nails: Beige and near-yellow base nail polish is all that you need this summer. This trend is been pushed by almost all the major cosmetic companies and pairs well with the “no-makeup” look.
(Photo credit: Maria Morri (flickr) [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode].)