2020 Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy Odds Tracker
- See tracked odds for all contenders to win the 2020 Maurice Richard Trophy
- Alex Ovechkin and David Pastrnak share the 2020 Rocket Richard Trophy
- Looking for current Maurice Richard Trophy odds?
Editor’s note: on May 26, commissioner Gary Bettman announced the regular season is finished. Alex Ovechkin and David Pastrnak wound up tied for the league lead with 48 goals each. In the past, the league has award the trophy to both players in such instances (see 2004, 2010).
The 2019-20 season saw a host of young snipers looking to bump Alexander Ovechkin from his pedestal as the NHL’s premier goal scorer.
The graphs below tracked the odds to win the 2020 Rocket Richard Trophy at leading sportsbooks, from the preseason onward.
Odds to Win 2020 Rocket Richard Trophy: Top Contenders
- Sept. 21: David Pastrnak and Alex Ovechkin share the 2020 Rocket Richard Trophy honors with 48 goals each.
- Dec. 9: Pastrnak (+220) still has a five-goal lead and has retaken the lead in the odds, with Ovie, McDavid, and Draisaitl all T2nd at +400.
- Dec. 2: Ovechkin is five goals back of Pastrnak (25 vs 20) but is now favored to win the Richard Trophy at +200.
- Nov. 25: Boston’s David Pastrnak leads the league with 20 goals in just 23 games; he’s the new Richard Trophy favorite at +275.
- Oct. 23: Heavy money must be coming in on Matthews, as he’s now a ludicrous +250, with Ovechkin (+750) and Draisaitl (+900) rounding out the top three.
- Oct. 11: A fast start from Auston Matthews (+500) has the Leafs star slightly ahead of Ovie (+550).
- Oct. 1: Ovechkin has opened as the betting chalk at +600.
2020 Rocket Richard Trophy Odds
|David Pastrnak (Bruins)||+224|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+400|
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||+350|
|Alex Ovechkin (Capitals)||+375|
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||+700|
|Brad Marchand (Bruins)||+800|
|Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche)||+1201|
|Jack Eichel (Sabres)||+5000|
|Patrick Kane (Blackhawks)||+5000|
|Jake Guentzel (Penguins)||+10000|
Odds as of Dec. 9, 2019.