2021 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- See the odds tracked for all rookies to win the 2021 Calder Trophy
- Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov won the 2021 Calder Trophy
- Looking for current Calder Trophy odds?
In the graphs below, find the odds for all of the top rookie skaters and goaltenders to capture the 2021 Calder Trophy. We tracked their odds from the start of the COVID ridden season, all the way to the playoffs.
Odds for Top Calder Trophy Contenders
- [June 2]: Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov, Stars’ Jason Robertson, and Hurricanes’ Alex Nedeljkovic have been listed as the finalists to win the 2021 Calder Trophy. Kaprizov remains the favorite, but domestic sportsbooks have not been released updated odds since May 17th.
- [May 17]: Kirill Kaprizov closed the regular season as a massive favorite to win the 2021 Calder Trophy. Stars rookie is still a longshot to win at +500.
- [Apr 23]: Jason Robertson has closed the gap on Kirill Kaprizov. Robertson’s average odds have significantly shortened from +950 to +150 as he trails Kaprizov by just two points on the season. Kaprizov’s average odds have worsened from -488 to -315.
- [April 8]: Despite it being Kaprizov’s trophy to lose at this point, Dallas Stars rookie Jason Robertson has been playing some inspiring hockey recently. Robertson scored five goals and 16 points in March as his average odds shortened to +950.
- [Mar 23]: Islanders rookie netminder Ilya Sorokin has been on a tear as of late. Sorokin’s owns a .924 SV%, 1.80 GAA, and six wins in the month of March. Sorokin’s average odds have shortened from +2000 to +1250.
- [Mar 8]: Kirill Kaprizov has started to become the runaway favorite to win the Calder Trophy with his average odds shortening from +245 to -160. Kaprizov has six goals and 13 assists in 22 games this season, which leads all rookies.
- [Feb 22]: While Kirill Kaprizov continues to lead the Calder Trophy race at +245 average odds. However, Blackhawks goaltender Kevin Lankinen has seen his average odds drop from +1000 to +575. Lankinen has a 2.43 GAA, .927 SV%, and seven wins this season.
- [Feb 4]: Devils’ Ty Smith has seen his average odds shorten significantly from the start of the season. Smith has two goals and eight points in nine games and has seen his average odds drop from +2250 to +500.
- [Jan 18]: Minnesota Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov is the new favorite with +200 average odds after winning the NHL’s First Star of the Week with one goal and three assists in two games. Canucks’ Nils Hoglander, Sharks’ John Leonard, and Devils’ Yegor Sharangovich are all in the Top 5 after solid opening games.
- [Jan 8]: Los Angeles Kings’ Gabriel Vilardi has squeaked into the Top 5 seeing his average odds go from +3500 to +1467.
- [Nov 16]: New York Rangers’ Igor Shesterkin opens as the favorite at +175. First overall pick, and Shesterkin’s teammate, Alexis Lafreniere opened at +375 to win the 2021 Calder Trophy.
Calder Trophy Odds
|Kirill Kaprizov (Wild)||-900|
|Jason Robertson (Stars)||+500|
Odds as of May 17th
Kirill Kaprizov won the 2021 Calder after opening as at +400 to win the award. Before the NHL Awards ceremony, Kaprizov was listed at -900 odds.