2023 Stanley Cup Odds Tracker: Golden Knights are New Favorites
- Track the odds to win the Stanley Cup for all 32 NHL teams
- The Vegas Golden Knights are listed as favorites to win the 2023 Stanley Cup
- The graphs below show the movement in the Stanley Cup odds, starting in the offseason
This page tracks all 32 NHL teams’ odds to win the 2023 Stanley Cup. The graphs below were generated by calculating the average odds for each team from a variety of online sportsbooks.
You can see the latest 2023 NHL Stanley Cup odds here, along with how each team fares in the odds throughout the course of the 2023 NHL season. The Vegas Golden Knights are currently the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. VGK is -105 at most US betting sites.
2023 NHL Stanley Cup Odds for Top Contenders
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST NHL BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON NHL & GET $200 IN BONUS BETS!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- POINTSBET SPORTSBOOK
FIVE SECOND-CHANCE BETS OF $50 EACH!
Odds to Win Stanley Cup
|Team||Stanley Cup Odds|
|Vegas Golden Knights||-105|
Odds as of May 27th, 2023, at FanDuel Sportsbook.
Here are some more notes on the movement of the top contenders for the 2023 Stanley Cup:
- [May 27] Vegas is now the Cup favorite despite Florida becoming the first team to advance to the Cup Final. If VGK can close out their Western Conference Final series with Dallas, the odds imply Vegas will be favored over Florida in the Final.
- [May 13] The Carolina Hurricanes have emerged as the new Stanley Cup favorites at +210 after dismantling the New Jersey Devils in Round 2. Carolina’s Eastern Conference Final opponent, the Florida Panthers, are the second betting choice at +350.
- [May 1] The Stanley Cup Odds experienced a major shakeup following a shocking Sunday of playoff hockey. The Maple Leafs are now the favorites at +350 with Boston and Colorado being eliminated in Round 1.
- [April 14] The Oilers (+800) have surged into the top-three following a nine-game winning streak to close the regular season. It also doesn’t hurt that the Oil are facing the LA Kings in Round 1, a team they took care of in last year’s playoffs.
- [April 1] The Hurricanes’ Stanley Cup odds have lengthened from +700 to +925 following news Andrei Svechnikov will miss the remainder of the regular season and playoffs with a shoulder injury. Boston’s Cup odds, meanwhile, have improved from +410 to +380.
- [March 3] The Rangers acquired Patrick Kane from Chicago, which shortened NYR’s Cup odds from +1400 to +1100. New Jersey also landed a top trade target in Timo Meier, which improved the team’s Cup odds from +1400 to +1200.
- [January 2] The Bruins (+600) have overtaken the Avalanche (+700) as the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. Entering the new year, Boston owns the NHL’s best record at 28-4-4 — good for 60 points.
- [December 5] Boston continues to see its Stanley Cup odds shorten into December. The Bruins are closing in on the Avalanche with average Cup odds of +575. Colorado remains favored at +475.
- [November 5] Boston has been the best NHL team through the first 10 games, posting a 9-1 record. The Bruins’ average Cup odds have shorted to +900, making them a top-three favorite.
- [October 18] Calgary has been the notable early-season mover in the odds to win the Stanley Cup. The Flames’ average Cup odds have shortened to +1000 amidst a 3-0 start to the season.
- [August 19] The Golden Knights continue to see their Cup odds worsen. Vegas has faded from +1000 to +1700 during the NHL offseason.
- [July 18] Carolina now has the second-best Stanley Cup odds alongside Toronto after acquiring Brent Burns and Max Pacioretty during NHL Free Agency. Columbus signed the top UFA in Johnny Gaudreau, which improved their Cup odds from +10000 to +7500.
- [June 27]: Immediately after winning their first Stanley Cup since 2001, Colorado has opened as +500 favorites to repeat as NHL champions in 2023. The Maple Leafs have the second-best Stanley Cup odds at +900 , while the Lightning have opened at +1000.
For more NHL lines and the best promos check out this bet365 promo code that offers new users a $200 sign-up bonus.
LOCK IN PROMO
Bet $1 & Get $200 in Bet Credits from Bet365!
GET $200CLAIM OFFER
Stanley Cup Favorites for 2023
The current odds for the 2023 Stanley Cup see the Vegas Golden Knights listed as favorites over the rest of the league. After VGK, the Panthers and Stars are given the best chance to win the NHL championship. Here is a little more information on each of the favorites.
Vegas Golden Knights
The Vegas Golden Knights are currently the favorites in the 2023 Stanley Cup odds. Vegas has only been in the league for six seasons, but they’ve already made four trips to the Conference Finals and one trip to the Stanley Cup Final. VGK is led by ex-Sabre Jack Eichel, who has recorded six goals and 11 assists in 15 playoff contests.
The Florida Panthers currently have the second-best Stanley Cup odds following their sweep of Carolina in the Eastern Conference Final. The Panthers are a true underdog, entering the postseason as the eighth seed and upsetting the No.1 Boston Bruins and No. 3 Toronto Maple Leafs in the opening two rounds. Florida also has the top-two favorites in the Conn Smythe odds: Sergei Bobrovsky and Matthew Tkachuk.
See each team’s path to the Stanley Cup Final in our NHL Playoff Bracket.
Five Past Stanley Cup Winners
|2021||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|2020||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|2019||St. Louis Blues|
The Colorado Avalanche won their third Stanley Cup in franchise history in 2022. While the Avs opened as the favorite to repeat, the NHL hasn’t seen different teams win back-to-back championships consecutively since New York and Edmonton in the 1980s.
St. Louis Blues (2019) and Washington Capitals (2018) were first-time Stanley Cup winners. Capitals fans in Maryland can now bet on their “home team” as online sports betting is legalized.
Interestingly, only one team that has lost the Cup finals since 2008 has gone on to win the Stanley Cup since then; the Lightning lost to the Blackhawks in 2015 and then won in 2020 and 2021.
The other teams to lose in the finals in that span include: Detroit, Philadelphia, Vancouver, New Jersey, Boston, NY Rangers, San Jose Nashville, Vegas, Boston, Dallas, and Montreal.
NHL Stats for Teams Searching for Their First Stanley Cup
|Team||Years in the NHL||Cup Final Appearances||Closest They’ve Come|
|Vancouver Canucks||52||3||Game 7 Cup Final losses in both 2011 and 1994. No one in Vancouver will ever forget LaFayette’s post or the ensuing riots.|
|Buffalo Sabres||52||2||Game 6 in 1999. Losing in overtime, no thanks to Brett Hull’s foot in the crease.|
|San Jose Sharks||31||1||Game 6 in 2016. They’ve never been able to shed their label as chokers.|
|Nashville Predators||24||1||Game 6 in 2017. Nashville fans still rue the bad call on Sissons’ go-ahead goal.|
|Ottawa Senators||30||1||Game 5 in 2007. A heartbreaking series for Ottawa that culminated in the infamous Emery-Phillips mixup.|
|Vegas Golden Knights||5||1||Game 5 in 2018. Luca Sbisa hands the game to Lars Eller to end the Knights historic run.|
|Florida Panthers||29||1||Swept by Colorado in 1996, despite the year of the rat.|
|Arizona Coyotes||26||0||Lost in 5 games to the LA Kings in 2012. Dustin Brown isn’t admired by Glendale faithful.|
|Winnipeg Jets||28 (1979-1996, 2011-2018)||0||Defeated by the Golden Knights in 5 games in 2018. Canada’s best hope was no match for Ryan Reaves’ heroics.|
|Minnesota Wild||22||0||Swept in the 2003 Conference Finals. Despite a disappointing playoff history, they did end Patrick Roy’s career in spectacular fashion.|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||22||0||The Jackets have only won one playoff series in their history, but what a series it was, upsetting the top-seeded Lightning in 2019.|
Coyotes fans have had a little bit more to cheer for with AZ online sports betting live, plus a new arena in development. It’s been a disappointing few seasons for Arizona fans, but if bettors have been loyal to “Fade the Coyotes” trend then at least they’re making some solid coin.
Canadian Stanley Cup Winners
|Team||Stanley Cups||Finals Appearances||Last Championship||Last Finals Appearance|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||13||21||1967||1967|
No Canadian team won the Stanley Cup in 2022, extending Canada’s Stanley Cup drought to 29 years. Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers did reach the Conference Finals, however, marking the second straight year a Canadian team has made the NHL final four. Canada sports betting sites continue to offer odds for all Canadian NHL teams.
The run of futility for Canadian teams, which dates back to 1993, is reaching incredible heights. During that time, Canadian teams have comprised a minimum of 21.88% of the NHL (at least 7 out of 32 teams). For the vast majority of that span, Canadian teams have actually made-up a greater percentage of the league (23.33% of the NHL from 2000 until Vegas joined in 2017).
A total of 28 Stanley Cups have been awarded since Montreal won in 1993. If you think of the NHL as rolling a 30-sided die, on which seven sides are Canadian teams, the chances of it landing on non-Canadian teams 27 straight times is 0.236%.
Canadian teams have reached the Stanley Cup finals six times since 1993 (Vancouver, 1994; Calgary, 2004; Edmonton, 2006; Ottawa, 2007; Vancouver, 2011; Montreal, 2021). Even if we say the Canadian teams – which were largely underdogs in those series – only had a 40% chance of winning the finals, on average, there was still only a 4.67% chance that they would go 0-for-6.
Stanley Cup Odds FAQ
Who has the best odds to win the Stanley Cup?
The Vegas Golden Knights have the best odds to win the Stanley Cup. At -105 odds, VGK has a 51% implied chance to hoist Lord Stanley.
Who won the Stanley Cup last year?
The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup last season (2022).
Which NHL team has the most Stanley Cups?
The Montreal Canadiens have the most Stanley Cups with 23.
When was the first Stanley Cup awarded?
The first Stanley Cup was handed out in 1893, which predates the founding of the NHL (1917) by 24 years.