2021 Stanley Cup Odds for Top Contenders
2021 Stanley Cup Odds for Top Contenders
This page tracks all 31 NHL teams’ odds to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The graphs above were generated by calculating the average odds for each team from a variety of online sportsbooks.
|Bonus: Up to $1,050 Free!||bet now|
|Bonus: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
|Bonus: $600 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
You can see the latest 2021 Stanley Cup odds here, along with how each NHL team has fared in the odds throughout the course of the 2021 NHL season. The Colorado Avalanche currently lead the league as the favorites to win the Stanley Cup.
2021 Stanley Cup Odds
|Team||Stanley Cup Odds at DraftKings|
|Vegas Golden Knights||+600|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||+750|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||+800|
|New York Islanders||+1700|
|St. Louis Blues||+2500|
|New York Rangers||+6500|
|San Jose Sharks||+12500|
|Los Angeles Kings||+25000|
Odds as of April 29th, 2021
Here are some more notes on the movement of the top contenders for the 2021 Stanley Cup:
- [Apr 29]: Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +550 as we inch closer to the end of the regular season. The Washington Capitals’ average odds have also shortened to +1100 after reclaiming the East Division lead.
- [Apr 22]: The Hurricanes have seen the most odds movement in the Cup odds over the past two weeks. Carolina’s average odds were around +1300 at the beginning of April, but have now shortened to +788. They are currently tied atop of the Central Division with the Panthers at 65 points.
- [Apr 12]: The Boston Bruins were the biggest movers in the Stanley Cup odds following the NHL Trade Deadline. The Bruins acquired Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar from the Sabres as their average odds shortened from +2000 to +1650.
- [Apr 9]: The Avalanche’s average odds continue to shorten as they drop to +400. The Hurricanes are currently leading the Central Division, while their average odds are at +1000 to win the Stanley Cup.
- [Mar 31]: The Colorado Avalanche have re-claimed their spot as the favorite to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The Avalanche’s odds have shortened from +733 to +508.
- [Mar 22]: The Washington Capitals now find themselves in the Top 10 after winning four of their last five. The Capitals’ average odds to win the cup have shortened from +1967 to +1500.
- [Mar 12]: The New York Islanders’ average odds have shortened from +2133 to +1533. The Islanders have won seven straight games.
- [Mar 1]: The Tampa Bay Lightning are the new favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The Lightning have seen their average odds shorten from +767 to +608 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 25]: The Minnesota Wild have won four straight games, including a 6-2 victory over the Avalanche. The Wild have seen their average odds shorten from +5000 to +3667.
- [Feb 18]: The Vegas Golden Knights have officially passed the Colorado Avalanche in the 2021 Stanley Cup odds becoming the new favorites. The Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +717, while the Avalanche’s average odds sit at +733.
- [Feb 9]: After a 6-1-2 start, the Florida Panthers have seen their average odds to win the Stanley Cup drop from +5000 to +3067 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 3]: The New York Rangers continue to disappoint as their average odds have increased from +3233 to +4100. The Rangers are currently tied for last place in the East Division with the Islanders at eight points.
- [Jan 27]: The Montreal Canadiens continue their climb to the top as their average odds shorten from +2167 to +1567.
- [Jan 18]: After having their first few games postponed due to COVID-19 issues, the Dallas Stars’ average odds have increased from +2233 to +2533.
- [Jan 10]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have substantially shortened leading up to Opening Day dropping from +3700 to +2467.
- [Dec 1]: The Toronto Maple Leafs’ average odds continue to shorten. The Leafs odds opened at +1875 and are now at +1600.
- [Oct 28]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have shortened from +4933 to +3300 after an active free agency, including the signing of winger Tyler Toffoli.
- [Oct 15]: The Buffalo Sabres saw their average odds significantly shorten from +6033 to +5200 after signing forward Taylor Hall.
- [Oct 7]: After the conclusion of the 2020 NHL Draft, the Lightning’s average odds continue to improve now at +850.
- [Sep 30]: The early betting action has moved the Avalanche +738 ahead of the Lightning +800.
- [Sep 28]: They are not the chalk at every sportsbook but, on average, the Tampa Bay Lightning +863 are favored to repeat as Stanley Cup champions in the opening odds.
Five Past Stanley Cup Winners
|2020||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|2019||St. Louis Blues|
The St. Louis Blues (2019) and Washington Capitals (2018) were first time Stanley Cup winners. Tampa Bay captured their second Stanley Cup in 2020.
Stats for Teams Searching for Their First Cup
|Team||Years in the NHL||Cup Final Appearances||Closest They’ve Come|
|Vancouver Canucks||50||3||Game 7 Cup Final losses in both 2011 and 1994. No one in Vancouver will ever forget LaFayette’s post or the ensuing riots.|
|Buffalo Sabres||50||2||Game 6 in 1999. Losing in overtime, no thanks to Brett Hull’s foot in the crease.|
|San Jose Sharks||29||1||Game 6 in 2016. They’ve never been able to shed their label as chokers.|
|Nashville Predators||22||1||Game 6 in 2017. Nashville fans still rue the bad call on Sissons’ go-ahead goal.|
|Ottawa Senators||28||1||Game 5 in 2007. A heartbreaking series for that culminated in the infamous Emery-Phillips mixup.|
|Vegas Golden Knights||3||1||Game 5 in 2018. Luca Sbisa hands the game to Lars Eller to end the Knights historic run.|
|Florida Panthers||27||1||Swept by Colorado in 1996, despite the year of the rat.|
|Arizona Coyotes||24||0||Lost in 5 games to the LA Kings in 2012. Dustin Brown isn’t admired by Glendale faithful.|
|Winnipeg Jets||26 (1979-1996, 2011-2018)||0||Defeated by the Golden Knights in 5 games in 2018. Canada’s best hope was no match for Ryan Reaves’ heroics.|
|Minnesota Wild||20||0||Swept in the 2003 Conference Finals. Despite a disappointing playoff history, they did end Patrick Roy’s career in spectacular fashion.|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||20||0||The Jackets have only won one playoff series in their history, but what a series it was, upsetting the top-seeded Lightning in 2019.|
Past Championships for Canadian Teams
|Team||Stanley Cups||Finals Appearances||Last Championship||Last Finals Appearance|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||13||21||1967||1967|
Let's have fun and keep it civil.