2021 Stanley Cup Odds Tracker
- See the most recent 2021 Stanley Cup odds for all teams in the NHL
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are now favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup
- See how the odds for all 31 teams shift over the course of the 2020-2021 season
This page tracks all 31 NHL teams’ odds to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The graphs below were generated by calculating the average odds for each team from a variety of online sportsbooks.
Odds for Top Stanley Cup Contenders
2021 Stanley Cup Odds
|Team||Stanley Cup Odds|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||+575|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||+650|
|Vegas Golden Knights||+1000|
|New York Islanders||+2400|
|St Louis Blues||+3200|
|Los Angeles Kings||+6500|
|New Jersey Devils||+7500|
|New York Rangers||+7500|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||+8500|
|San Jose Sharks||+10000|
|Detroit Red Wings||+75000|
Odds as of March 1st, 2021
- [Mar 1]: The Tampa Bay Lightning are the new favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The Lightning have seen their average odds shorten from +767 to +608 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 25]: The Minnesota Wild have won four straight games, including a 6-2 victory over the Avalanche. The Wild have seen their average odds shorten from +5000 to +3667.
- [Feb 18]: The Vegas Golden Knights have officially passed the Colorado Avalanche in the 2021 Stanley Cup odds becoming the new favorites. The Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +717, while the Avalanche’s average odds sit at +733.
- [Feb 9]: After a 6-1-2 start, the Florida Panthers have seen their average odds to win the Stanley Cup drop from +5000 to +3067 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 3]: The New York Rangers continue to disappoint as their average odds have increased from +3233 to +4100. The Rangers are currently tied for last place in the East Division with the Islanders at eight points.
- [Jan 27]: The Montreal Canadiens continue their climb to the top as their average odds shorten from +2167 to +1567.
- [Jan 18]: After having their first few games postponed due to COVID-19 issues, the Dallas Stars’ average odds have increased from +2233 to +2533.
- [Jan 10]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have substantially shortened leading up to Opening Day dropping from +3700 to +2467.
- [Dec 1]: The Toronto Maple Leafs’ average odds continue to shorten. The Leafs odds opened at +1875 and are now at +1600.
- [Oct 28]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have shortened from +4933 to +3300 after an active free agency, including the signing of winger Tyler Toffoli.
- [Oct 15]: The Buffalo Sabres saw their average odds significantly shorten from +6033 to +5200 after signing forward Taylor Hall.
- [Oct 7]: After the conclusion of the 2020 NHL Draft, the Lightning’s average odds continue to improve now at +850.
- [Sep 30]: The early betting action has moved the Avalanche +738 ahead of the Lightning +800.
- [Sep 28]: They are not the chalk at every sportsbook but, on average, the Tampa Bay Lightning +863 are favored to repeat as Stanley Cup champions in the opening odds.
The Stanley Cup has not been won by a Canadian team since 1993, when the Montreal Canadiens hoisted it.
Five Past Stanley Cup Winners
|2020||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|2019||St. Louis Blues|
The St. Louis Blues (2019) and Washington Capitals (2018) were first time Stanley Cup winners. Tampa Bay captured their second Stanley Cup in 2020.
Odds for Teams Who Have Never Won a Stanley Cup
Stats for Teams Searching for Their First Cup
|Team||Years in the NHL||Cup Final Appearances||Closest They’ve Come|
|Vancouver Canucks||50||3||Game 7 Cup Final losses in both 2011 and 1994. No one in Vancouver will ever forget LaFayette’s post or the ensuing riots.|
|Buffalo Sabres||50||2||Game 6 in 1999. Losing in overtime, no thanks to Brett Hull’s foot in the crease.|
|San Jose Sharks||29||1||Game 6 in 2016. They’ve never been able to shed their label as chokers.|
|Nashville Predators||22||1||Game 6 in 2017. Nashville fans still rue the bad call on Sissons’ go-ahead goal.|
|Ottawa Senators||28||1||Game 5 in 2007. A heartbreaking series for that culminated in the infamous Emery-Phillips mixup.|
|Vegas Golden Knights||3||1||Game 5 in 2018. Luca Sbisa hands the game to Lars Eller to end the Knights historic run.|
|Florida Panthers||27||1||Swept by Colorado in 1996, despite the year of the rat.|
|Arizona Coyotes||24||0||Lost in 5 games to the LA Kings in 2012. Dustin Brown isn’t admired by Glendale faithful.|
|Winnipeg Jets||26 (1979-1996, 2011-2018)||0||Defeated by the Golden Knights in 5 games in 2018. Canada’s best hope was no match for Ryan Reaves’ heroics.|
|Minnesota Wild||20||0||Swept in the 2003 Conference Finals. Despite a disappointing playoff history, they did end Patrick Roy’s career in spectacular fashion.|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||20||0||The Jackets have only won one playoff series in their history, but what a series it was, upsetting the top-seeded Lightning in 2019.|
Past Championships for Canadian Teams
|Team||Stanley Cups||Finals Appearances||Last Championship||Last Finals Appearance|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||13||21||1967||1967|