2023 Premier League Relegation Odds Tracker
- This year’s newly-promoted teams include Bournemouth, Nottingham Forest, and Fulham
- Forest and Bournemouth are looking like early contenders to suffer relegation
- How many points have relegated teams finished with in recent seasons?
We’ve been tracking the English Premier League relegation odds for all 20 EPL teams since they became available. The graphs below are generated by averaging the odds from multiple sources and will be updated throughout the 2022/23 season.
EPL Relegation Odds for Championship Candidates
2023 English Premier League Relegation Odds
Odds as Oct 25
More notes on major line movements:
- [10/25/22] As October winds down it is Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth at odds-on, -225 and -200 to suffer relegation. After a 2-3-7 start, Wolves are 19th in the table and have +130 odds for the drop
- [8/3/22] Nottingham Forest is getting some love from bettors, at their relegation odds have lengthened from -132 to +123. Meanwhile, Bournemouth have become heavier favorites to go down at -225, where they were once -149
- [5/30/22] Bournemouth (-135), Nottingham Forest (-135), and Fulham (+120) have all been promoted to the EPL, and all three are in the top favorites to suffer relegation in the early 2023 odds
Leeds United who just avoided relegation season with a Matchday 38 win and 38 points in 17th place, is the first current EPL team favored for the drop at +225 odds.
Recently Relegated Teams and Points
|2021-22||Burnley, Watford, Norwich||35, 23, 22|
|2020-21||Fulham, West Brom, Sheffield United||28, 26, 23|
|2019-20||Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich City||34, 34, 21|
|2018-19||Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield||34, 26, 16|
|2017-18||Swansea, Stoke, West Brom||33, 33, 31|
|2016-17||Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland||34, 28, 24|
|2015-16||Newcastle, Norwich, Aston Villa||37, 34, 17|
|2014-15||Hull, Burnley, QPR||35, 33, 30|
|2013-14||Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff||33, 32, 30|
|2012-13||Wigan, Reading, QPR||36, 28, 25|
|2011-12||Bolton, Blackburn, Wolverhampton||36, 31, 25|
|2010-11||Birmingham, Blackpool, West Ham||39, 39, 33|
|2009-10||Burnley, Hull, Portsmouth||30, 30, 19|
Fulham finished atop of the Championship table in 2022 with 90 points and a 27-9-10 record. Bournemouth finished right behind in second with 88 points. Both earned automatic promotion to the Premier League for the 2022/23 season.
Nottingham was fourth in the Championship with 80 points and needed to go through the promotion playoffs to earn their spot. They first advanced 4-3 on aggregate over two legs versus Sheffield United. That set up a playoff final against Huddersfield that saw them win 1-0.
The promotion playoff final is known as the “most valuable game in soccer worldwide”. This is because the profit earned for participating in the EPL is massive. Nottingham is instantly entitled to $200 million for earning promotion.
🔝 For their promotion to the Premier League, Nottingham Forest are set to earn around €200M. 🤯
An amount that could increase to €350M if the club stays in the league next season.
— Football Tweet ⚽ (@Football__Tweet) May 30, 2022