2022 Masters Odds: Track the Favorites to Win at Augusta
- View betting odds for the 2022 Masters and see how they shift throughout the PGA Tour season
- Scottie Scheffler holds a 3-shot lead and is your odds-on favorite going in to Sunday
- See the latest Masters odds for all favorites and notable players of 2022 in the field below
With the hallowed grounds of Augusta National set to host the Masters from April 7th-10th, 2022, the odds to win 2022 Masters are ever-changing.
After each event leading up to the Masters on the PGA Tour schedule, we update the Masters odds to reflect their current state ahead of the tournament on the second weekend in April.
Check back frequently for the latest odds to win the 2022 Masters on this page.
2022 Masters Odds
Odds as of April 10th at Caesars Sportsbook
2022 Masters Favorites & Top Contenders
- [April 10] Avoiding disaster after driving it left in to the brush on 18, Scheffler hit a brilliant approach shot after taking his drop to get out with a bogey and in the clubhouse at -9 with a three-shot lead on Cam Smith. Scheffler is heavy odds-on favorite to win his first Green Jacket and cap off a miraculous two month run since picking up his first Tour victory at the Phoenix Open on Super Bowl weekend
- [April 9] After a brilliant opening 36 holes, Scottie Scheffler holds a five shot lead heading in to Saturday at the Masters and is an extremely short +100 favorite. There’s a pack of contenders at odds of +1200, while Justin Thomas lurks at +1400 at Caesars Sportsbook after recovering in Round 2 from a disastrous opening 76
- [April 4] With Tournament week upon us, Jordan Spieth saw his odds fade out of the top ten after his mediocre showing at the Valero Texas Open, as he can now be found as long as +2200. Rahm remains the favorite, with the top five rounded out by JT, DJ, Cam Smith and World #1 Scottie Scheffler
- [March 28] Registering his third win in the last five weeks, Scottie Scheffler moved up to #1 in the OWGR, and saw his pre-tournament Masters odds shorten from +2500 to +1600. Nobody on the planet is playing better right now than the native Texan
- [March 21] With us now officially in Masters season, Rahm remains the favorite with Morikawa and Spieth just behind. Cam Smith saw his price shorten to +1600 after his win at the PLAYERS Championship
- [February 22] The early favorite for the 2022 Masters is Jon Rahm at +800 odds, followed by Jordan Spieth and Collin Morikawa at +1200
Masters Pre-Tournament Odds
There’s two types of odds in golf that players can wager in, including pre-tournament odds and live odds during the tournament. Specifically, Pre-Tournament Masters odds can provide great value to bettors on the eventual winner if they place a bet before competition begins.
Take Hideki Matsuyama’s win last year as an example. His 2021 Masters odds were as long as +4500 before competition began, and shortened to +1900 by Saturday before going in to the final round as a -118 favorite.
By betting on Masters Pre-Tournament odds, you’ll get more bang for your buck as a bettor rather than waiting and seeing who plays well during the opening two rounds of competition.
Live Betting at the Masters
Conversely, if your pre-Masters bets fail to make the cut or aren’t playing well, there’s plenty of success that can be had live betting at the Masters.
While the odds are constantly shifting during play, at the conclusion of each round is a perfect time to look up different stats and betting trends to make smart, in-play Masters bets.
Checking on the live leaderboard for score, data such as strokes gained in driving, approach and putting are also usual harbingers of success at Augusta National. Live betting a player who’s poised to get up the leaderboard on Saturday or Sunday early in the Tournament can lead to a big payoff for bettors.
Masters Betting: Best Sports Betting Promos
While there’s plenty of bets to make in traditional Masters odds, as well as Masters props – many sportsbooks offer special sports betting promos for the Masters.
These can include odds boosts on some of the top players to win the Masters, special props with enhanced odds for expected outcomes like top 10 players to make the cut, as well as other offers come Masters week.
See some of the best Masters promo from the top online sportsbooks below:
- Caesars Sportsbook promo code
- Barstool Sportsbook promo code
- BetMGM Sportsbook promo code
- FanDuel Sportsbook promo code
- DraftKings Sportsbook promo code
Masters Betting Strategy
When betting on the Masters, your strategy shouldn’t stray too far from the norm of how to bet on golf.
Course history and past performance does tend to come in to play more at Augusta National than other majors and tournaments, as institutional knowledge is paramount to success at the Masters.
Knowing that, it can be beneficial to bet on former champions and players that have a history of success in the Masters to either win outright, finish within the top five, ten or 20 or even something as simple as making the cut.
Another one of the Masters betting trends to note is that it is near impossible to win the event in back-to-back years as it’s only been accomplished three times: Jack Nicklaus in 1965-66, Nick Faldo in 1989-90 and Tiger Woods in 2001-02.
OWGR Top Ranked Golfers
While most of the top players in the Official World Golf ranking also dot the top of the 2022 Masters odds, there are some discrepancies.
The OWGR formula is complex, and can lead to certain players being within the top ten or fifteen in the rankings – but outside even the top 20 in Masters odds as well as the odds for other golf majors.
With his lack of success as of late, Bryson DeChambeau is barely holding on to his spot in the Top 20 of the OWGR, and his odds have faded all the way to 40-1 at most sportsbooks
Masters Winners Odds History
One of the great Masters traditions is allowing all past champions to compete, regardless of age and current skill level. Because of that, you’ll see some of these former champions who are in their 50s and 60s listed at odds of 100-1 or longer.
The major story, of course, is whether Tiger Woods will tee it up and compete. He’s called his choice a “Game time decision” and his odds have hovered between +4000 and +6600 for the previous two weeks as bettors and fans hunt for more info.
Phil Mickelson will not be competing this year as he takes time away from the game in the wake of his comments on the Saudi golf league, but he was listed at +9000 to win the 2022 Masters before it was announced he would not be competing.
Masters Winner by Year: Past 10
|2020||Dustin Johnson||United States|
|2019||Tiger Woods||United States|
|2018||Patrick Reed||United States|
|2015||Jordan Spieth||United States|
|2014||Bubba Watson||United States|
|2012||Bubba Watson||United States|
As mentioned above, Dustin Johnson has an intriguing price at +1600 after his triumph in 2020. Jordan Spieth also has the second shortest odds at +1000 as he tries to repeat at Augusta National for the first time since his win in 2015.
One wildcard to watch could be Patrick Reed who current has Masters odds of +4000. After a miserable February he had a strong showing at the PLAYERS Championship, finishing T26.