2023 MLB AL & NL Pennant Odds Tracker – MLB League-Winner Odds Favor Astros, Phillies
- This page tracks the odds of winning the 2023 American League and National League Pennants for all 30 MLB teams
- The odds in the graphs and tables below are generated by averaging the odds from multiple online sportsbooks
- The Philadelphia Phillies are slight favorites heading into Game 7 of the NLCS with Arizona Diamondbacks, while the Texas Rangers captured the AL Pennant in seven games over the Houston Astros
This page shows the odds to win the American League Pennant and National League Pennant in the 2023 MLB season. The odds represent an average for each team across legal online sportsbooks.
AL Championship Odds
|Tampa Bay Rays||OFF|
|Toronto Blue Jays||OFF|
|New York Yankees||OFF|
|Boston Red Sox||OFF|
|Chicago White Sox||OFF|
|Kansas City Royals||OFF|
Odds as of Oct. 23, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Oct. 23: The Rangers completed their comeback from 3-2 with a dominant win in Game 7 over the Astros, clinching a World Series berth in the MLB playoff bracket for the first time since 2011.
- Oct. 16: The Rangers improved from +120 to -180 after upsetting the Astros at home in Game 1. Houston faded from -140 to +155.
- Oct. 12: The Astros have opened as -140 favorites over the Rangers in the American League Championship Series. Texas is 5-0 in the postseason so far while Houston is 3-1.
- Oct. 4: Entering the ALDS, the Astros (+185) are favored over the Rangers (+280), Orioles (+290), and Rangers (+390).
- Oct. 1: After snatching the AL West title from the Rangers on the last day of the season, the Astros earned a bye to the ALDS and took over as AL Pennant favorites in the process (+185).
- August 9: The top-four AL Pennant betting favorites are closely bunched at the top of the board, with the Rays (+349) slightly ahead of the Rangers (+355), Astros (+359), and Orioles (+462).
- July 2: The clear top-three favorites in the AL pennant odds at mid-season are the Rays (+201), Astros (+436), and Rangers (+494).
- June 12: Still boasting a win percentage over .700, the Rays shortened again to +244. Maintaining a five-game lead on the Astros in the AL West, the Rangers are now the fourth-favorite at +614.
- May 29: The MLB-leading Rays are now the outright AL Pennant favorites at +279 with the Astros (+344) falling to second and Yankees (+579) third.
- Apr. 17: The AL-leading Rays have moved up to third at +487, narrowly behind the Astros (+351) and Yankees (+398).
- Dec. 12, 2022: Houston is favored to repeat in the opening AL Pennant odds, with the Yankees and Blue Jays rounding out a clear top three.
Past 10 American League Pennant Winners
|Year||Team||Reg. Season Record|
|2020||Tampa Bay Rays||40-20|
|2018||Boston Red Sox||108-54|
|2015||Kansas City Royals||95-67|
|2014||Kansas City Royals||89-73|
|2013||Boston Red Sox||97-65|
NL Championship Favorites
|Los Angeles Dodgers||OFF|
|San Francisco Giants||OFF|
|San Diego Padres||OFF|
|New York Mets||OFF|
|St Louis Cardinals||OFF|
Odds as of Oct. 22, 2023, at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Oct. 12: The Philadelphia Phillies have opened as -155 favorites over the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 2023 NLCS. This marks the third straight series the still-undefeated D-Backs have entered as the underdog.
- Oct. 4: The odds heading into the NLDS favor the Braves (+160) over the Dodgers (+195), Phillies (+330), and longshot Diamondbacks (+550).
- August 9: The Phillies (+986) and Giants (+1271) are now third and fourth, respectively, in the NL Pennant odds, trailing the Braves (+141) and Dodgers (+200) by a massive margin.
- July 2: There is a massive gap in the NL Pennant odds between the two favorites (Braves at +154 and Dodgers at +250) and the rest of the field. The Diamondbacks and Giants are tied for third-favorite at +1143.
- June 12: The Diamondbacks, who own a 3.5-game lead on the Dodgers in the NL West, are still outside the top five at +1357 on average. But that’s still a vast improvement from their preseason odds of roughly +5500.
- May 29: The gap between the Braves (+216), Dodgers (+226) and the rest of the NL field has widened considerably. The third-favorite Mets are way back at +821.
- Apr. 18: Atlanta (+291) has the best record in the NL after three weeks and now sits atop the NL Pennant odds, with the Dodgers (+360) a close second.
- Dec. 12, 2022: The Dodgers are favored out of the gate in the NL Pennant odds, with the reigning NL Champs, Philadelphia, back in fifth.
Past 10 National League Pennant Winners
|Year||Team||Reg. Season Record|
|2018||Los Angeles Dodgers||92-71|
|2017||Los Angeles Dodgers||104-58|
|2015||New York Mets||90-72|
|2014||San Francisco Giants||88-74|
|2013||St. Louis Cardinals||97-65|