AL Pennant Odds
AL Pennant Odds
This page tracks the odds of winning the American League and National League Pennants for all 30 MLB teams. The data are generated by averaging the odds from multiple online sportsbooks.
|Boston Red Sox||+375|
|Chicago White Sox||OFF|
|Tampa Bay Rays||OFF|
|New York Yankees||OFF|
|Toronto Blue Jays||OFF|
|Kansas City Royals||OFF|
Odds as of Oct. 21, 2021.
- Oct. 21: Now holding a 3-2 series lead, the Astros are heavy -477 favorites. The Red Sox are +375 underdogs to win the next two games in Houston.
- Oct. 20: Houston evened the series at 2-2 and is back to being the odds-on favorite at -130.
- Oct. 19: Holding a 2-1 lead and staying in Boston for the next two games, the Red Sox are now -205 favorites to defeat the Astros in the ALCS.
- Oct. 16: Tied 1-1 and heading back to Boston for the next three games, the Astros (-121) and Red Sox (+103) find themselves in a near-pick’em ALCS at this point.
- Oct. 12: Houston eliminated Chicago to advance to the ALCS versus Boston. The Astros come in as -155 favorites to win the Pennant. The Red Sox are +134.
- Oct. 11: The Red Sox are +115 after eliminating the Rays and moving onto the ALCS. But Houston, up 2-1 on Chicago, remains a slight favorite at +105.
- Oct. 7: The Astros (+105) are almost even-money favorites thanks to taking a 2-0 lead on the White Sox in their best-of-five ALDS.
- Oct. 5: Boston improved from +600 to +355 thanks to a dominant 6-1 win over New York in the AL Wild Card game.
- Oct. 4: Heading into the postseason, the #2-seed Astros are +230 favorites, with the Rays at +270.
- Sep. 28: Despite the Rays effectively clinching the #1 seed, they are only +300 co-second-favorites with the White Sox. The Astros are +200 favorites.
- Sep. 13: The Blue Jays jumped to +1000 from +6000 thanks to going 9-1 in the past ten and moving into a playoff spot.
- Sep. 6: Houston (+230) is back atop the AL Pennant odds, followed by the White Sox (+275) and Rays (+330).
- Aug. 30: The Rays (+207) have overtaken the Astros (+233) as the favorite to win the AL.
- Aug. 22: The Yankees’ odds moved from +1100 to +450 thanks to a nine-game win streak that put them squarely in a playoff position.
- Aug. 16: The Rays improved from +500 to +360. They are maintaining their 3.5-game lead in the AL East and have mashed their way to a +120 run differential.
- Aug. 8: Houston continues to lead at +230, followed by Chicago at +275 and Tampa at +500.
- Aug. 2: The Athletics (+933) now find themselves with longer odds than the Yankees (+900) as their lead in the race for the second Wild Card is down to just 2.5 games.
- July 19: The gap between the legitimate playoff contenders and the rest of the field has been set between Toronto (+1100 pennant odds) and Cleveland (+2500 pennant odds).
- July 5: The Red Sox (+492) are finally getting the respect they deserve. They sit third behind the Astros (+245) and White Sox (+320).
- June 27: The Astros (+278) have taken over as AL favorites from the White Sox (+358). The Yankees (+508) are a nonsensical third, sitting 5.5 games out of a playoff spot.
- June 21: The Yankees are as long as +800 (fifth-favorite), sitting 4.5 games back of the division leading Red Sox and battling tooth-and-nail for a Wild Card spot.
- June 14: The White Sox are now the clear favorites. They have the best run differential in the AL (+106) and the biggest division lead (5.5 games). No other team is all the certain it will be in the postseason field.
- May 25: The Red Sox (+867) have improved the most since Opening Day, while the Twins (+2267) have fallen the furthest.
- Apr. 6: A 5-0 start has the Astros back among the top-five favorites in the AL, improving from +1033 to +850 after just a week of action.
- Feb. 10: NYY continues to sit atop the odds, but the White Sox have improved considerably during the offseason.
- Oct. 28, 2020: The NY Yankees have opened as +275 AL Pennant favorites.
Past 10 American League Pennant Winners
|Year||Team||Reg. Season Record|
|2020||Tampa Bay Rays||40-20|
|2018||Boston Red Sox||108-54|
|2015||Kansas City Royals||95-67|
|2014||Kansas City Royals||89-73|
|2013||Boston Red Sox||97-65|
No team has achieved more postseason success than the Yankees, who have won 40 American League pennants since 1921. New York captured its most recent pennant in 2009, defeating the LA Angeles in six games in the American League Championship Series.
NL Pennant Odds
NL Pennant Odds
|Los Angeles Dodgers||+365|
|San Francisco Giants||OFF|
|St Louis Cardinals||OFF|
|San Diego Padres||OFF|
|New York Mets||OFF|
Odds as of Oct. 20, 2021.
- Oct. 21: Atlanta responded with a dominant 9-2 win in Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. They are -442 favorites. The Dodgers are +365 longshots to erase the 3-1 deficit to the Braves for a second straight year.
- Oct. 20: LA got back in the series with a massive 6-5 win, erasing a 5-2 deficit in the eighth inning. The odds are nearly a pick’em with the Braves leading 2-1.
- Oct. 19: Up 2-0, Atlanta is only a -195 favorite to win the best-of-seven NLCS with the Dodgers.
- Oct. 14: After knocking out the Giants, the Dodgers became -223 favorites to beat the Braves (+186) and win the NL Pennant.
- Oct. 12: The Braves are +140 favorites after eliminating the Brewers in Game 4 of the NLDS. On the verge of a deciding Game 5, the Dodgers (+170) are slightly shorter than the Giants (+200).
- Oct. 11: The Giants (+125) and Braves (+210) took 2-1 leads on the Dodgers (+345) and Brewers (+725), respectively, in the NLDS. Both are now one win away from the National League Championship Series.
- Oct. 7: LAD and SF are now +200 co-favorites after the Giants took Game 1 from the Dodgers in the NLDS.
- Oct. 6: The Dodgers shot from +205 to -113 after a thrilling 3-1 Wild Card victory over the Cardinals.
- Oct. 4: Wild Card game-bound, LA faded to +205 on the eve of the postseason. Their Wild Card opponent, St Louis, is the NL longshot at +1100.
- Sep. 28: The Dodgers are at a season-worst +180 with the Wild-Card game looming. Then Cardinals have surged to +1200, nearly locking up the second Wild-Card berth with just six games remaining.
- Sep. 13: The Dodgers faded from +125 to +150. The Giants (+450) have rebuilt a 2.5-game lead in the NL West with fewer than 20 games remaining.
- Sep. 6: The Brewers are back to being second-favorites at +320 now that the Dodgers are Giants are basically tied at the top of the NL West.
- Aug. 30: The Giants (+283) are only a step behind the Dodgers (+145) at the top of the board.
- Aug. 22: Atlanta (+625) has become the fourth-favorite, now holding a five-game lead on the Phillies (+2800) in the NL East.
- Aug. 16: The Giants are now +360 second-favorites, which coincides with becoming odds-on favorites to win the NL West.
- Aug. 8: The Mets have faded badly (+450 to +675) thanks to losing their lead in the NL East and facing an uphill battle just to crack the playoff field.
- Aug. 2: The Padres (+400), Mets (+450), and Brewers (+463) are now in a dogfight for second-favorite behind the Dodgers.
- July 19: The five-team playoff field is coming into focus in the NL and the pennant odds reflect that: fifth-favorite Milwaukee is at +525 while sixth-favorite Atlanta is a distant +1867.
- July 5: There is a steep drop after the top five (LAD +175; SD +342; NYM +450; MIL +517; SF +733). The rest of the NL is at least 5.5 games out of a playoff spot. Fifth-favorite ATL has long +1767 pennant odds.
- June 27: The Brewers (+783) have improved the most recently, odds-wise, thanks to a surge that’s put them three games up on the rest of the NL Central.
- June 21: The Giants are now the fourth-favorite, surpassing the Braves and Cardinals.
- June 14: The Mets (+433) have solidified themselves as third-favorites, behind the Dodgers (+175) and Padres (+375), but well ahead of the Brewers (+833) and Braves (+1067).
- May 25: The Brewers ( +1233) have improved steadily over the course of the season thanks to dominant starting pitching from Brandon Woodruff, Corbin Burnes, and Freddy Peralta, who are all sporting ERAs below 2.60.
- Apr. 6: Early injuries, specifically to MVP contender Fernando Tatis Jr, have sent the Padres’ odds from +422 to +463.
- Feb. 10: Acquiring Trevor Bauer has led to the Dodgers’ odds improving from +200 to +177, while division rival San Diego faded from +375 to +422.
- Oct. 28, 2020: No surprise in the opening NL Pennant odds: the LA Dodgers are +200 favorites to win their second in a row and fourth in five years.
Past 10 National League Pennant Winners
|Year||Team||Reg. Season Record|
|2018||Los Angeles Dodgers||92-71|
|2017||Los Angeles Dodgers||104-58|
|2015||New York Mets||90-72|
|2014||San Francisco Giants||88-74|
|2013||St. Louis Cardinals||97-65|
|2012||San Francisco Giants||94-68|
|2011||St. Louis Cardinals||90-72|
Let's have fun and keep it civil.