- The Nedbank Challenge from South Africa tees off Thursday, November 14th
- Second last event on the 2019 European Tour calendar
- See the golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
The European Tour heads to South Africa for the limited 64-man field at the Nedbank Challenge, the second last event on the 2019 calendar from Gary Player Golf Club. This tournament is crucial for any players on the bubble with the top-50 players competing for the Race to Dubai title at next week’s DP World Tour Championship.
The defending champion is Lee Westwood who won this event for the third time in his career as he clipped Sergio Garcia by three strokes. A couple of elite European Tour members like Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm have opted not to tee it up in this event.
2019 Nedbank Challenge Odds
|Golfer||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
|Erik van Rooyen||+2000||+1800|
|Rafa Cabrera Bello||+2200||+2200|
Odds taken November 11th
Erik van Rooyen Poised for Another Victory
He might not be a household name Stateside but South African Erik van Rooyen is yet another impressive player coming out of a country that churns out quality golfers. He nearly won for the second time in his last eight starts last week, losing in a six-man playoff at the Turkish Airlines Open.
Gave it my everything coming down the stretch today! Sadly the playoff wasn’t my best, but so happy with how hard I fought to get there! Roll on @golfatsun this week!! #LetsGo @ECCO_GOLF @CallawayGolfEU @TitleistEurope @GreysonClothier pic.twitter.com/89Qj1rLnzZ
— Erik van Rooyen (@FredVR_) November 10, 2019
The local product will be a heavy crowd favorite in Sun City and he has the game to give the fans exactly what they want – just the second South African to win this tournament in the last twelve years. Taking a look at his recent results underscores just how solid van Rooyen has been and at +2000, he has nice odds for bettors.
Erik van Rooyen’s Best Finishes in Last Nine Tournaments
|Turkish Airlines Open||T-2nd|
|D&D Real Czech Masters||T-5th|
|Omega European Masters||T-12th|
Past Five Nedbank Challenge Winners
2019 Nedbank Challenge Best Value Picks
- Bernd Wiesberger (+2800): Any time you can get a golfer who has won three times this year (including three starts ago) and also leads the Race to Dubai standings at these odds, you take it.
- Branden Grace (+5000): While his game has been down in the dumps since a second place showing at the Phoenix Open in February, sometimes there are horses for courses. Grace epitomizes that, with a victory in 2017, a T-3 in 2016, T-4 in 2015 and a respectable T-11 in his title defense last year.
- Shubhankar Sharma (+5000): A pair of T-7th finishes in last four events, missing out on a six-man playoff last week by just two strokes after a dazzling final round. Won his first Euro Tour title in South Africa in 2017.
- Nicolas Colsaerts (+10000): Won just two starts ago at the Amundi Open de France then followed that up with a decent T-38th in Turkey. For a small 64-man field, won’t find better value at +10000 than a guy who won this recently.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.