- The Shriners Hospitals for Children Open tees off Thursday, October 3rd
- Four-time major champ Brooks Koepka makes his 2019-20 season debut in Sin City
- The golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
Some big names in the world of golf converge in Las Vegas for the always entertaining Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, headlined by Brooks Koepka, who is making his fifth career start at this event, highlighted by a runner-up showing in 2016.
There are some other intriguing names like the last two champions in Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Cantlay, along with Phil Mickelson, but the field isn’t especially deep meaning an unheralded golfer has a better opportunity to snag the trophy come Sunday.
2019 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open Odds
|Golfer||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds as of 09/30/19.
Mixed Bag for Koepka in Las Vegas
In the four times he’s teed it up at TPC Summerlin, Brooks Koepka has either found himself contending deep into the tournament or packed his bags Friday evening.
He’ll be making his 2019-20 PGA Tour season debut this week, and if his last two season starters are any indication, he’ll be right in the thick of it come Sunday.
— Skratch (@Skratch) July 28, 2019
In his last two season debuts he won (CJ Cup last year), and finished T-2nd two years back at the WGC-HSBC Champions, so jumping out of the gate quickly is nothing new for Koepka. His results at this track, however, could offer some pause in assuming he’s an auto bet this week.
Brooks Koepka’s Four Times Playing This Event
He has mentioned in the past that he didn’t really care to win a given tournament that’s not a major (RBC Canadian Open), but rather was trying to sharpen up his game for bigger events, so there’s a chance he’ll have that mentality this week and not contend – but bet against Koepka at your peril and you could easily realize that was foolish at the conclusion of this tournament.
Last Five Shriners Hospitals for Children Winners
2019 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open Best Value Picks
- Patrick Cantlay (+1200): Not amazing odds but in last two years he’s won and finished second here. Should he get off to a slow start, perhaps then you can jump on him at better odds than this.
- Matthew Wolff (+5000): 20-year-old whiz kid making his season debut after winning as a rookie on tour in July. Had birdie average of 4.34 last season, which would’ve ranked seventh had he played enough events. In last 15 years at TPC Summerlin the average winning score has been nearly 21-under-par, playing into Wolff’s game.
- Bubba Watson (+6600): Fickle player who could easily win or not even factor. Against a diluted field, however, these odds are always incredibly juicy for a golfer that could dismantle a course at will.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.