- The Farmers Insurance Open tees off Thursday, January 23rd
- Tiger Woods making first start of 2020 at a tournament he’s dominated
- See the golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
The first event of the PGA Tour in 2020 that has serious star power sees the likes of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm and defending champion Justin Rose teeing it up at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California.
El Tigre has treated Torrey Pines as his personal playground in his career to the tune of seven tournament victories plus the epic 2008 US Open triumph where he won in a playoff on one leg.
Big Cat’s recent history at this venue, however, has not been as kind as it once was, where he hasn’t posted a top ten since winning in 2013.
2020 Farmers Insurance Open Odds
|Golfer||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
Odds taken January 20th
Tiger’s Long History on This Course
It has been well documented that Tiger Woods used to absolutely tear up this place easily to the tune of those aforementioned eight victories and in his last official tour event he matched Sam Snead for the most wins on tour with 82 at the ZOZO Championship.
Tiger Woods: The Comeback.
— GOLFTV (@GOLFTV) January 20, 2020
However, it hasn’t been a walk in the park for Tiger at Torrey Pines since his last trophy in 2013, whether it be him staggering around when he was still injured or has been the case in the last couple years, his back tightening up during cooler January temperatures in California which haven’t resulted in a victory lap.
Tiger Woods’ Finishes at Farmers Insurance Open Since 2013
*Did not play in 2016 due to injury
It’s not as if Woods has been brutal on this track, but in recent history it hasn’t been so kind for him. This is a difficult one to predict because he won the ZOZO Championship then finished fourth at the Hero World Challenge in his last two tournaments, but I’d be inclined to pass on Woods this week at +1100 given the recent history here.
Past Five Winners of The Farmers Insurance Open
2020 Farmers Insurance Open Best Value Picks
- Xander Schauffele (+1800): In last five PGA Tour events, he’s posted three runner-ups and two other T-10th finishes. In last two official tournaments, made it into a playoff at the Sentry Tournament of Champions and HSBC Champions before being bested both times.
- Jason Day (+4000): While his game hasn’t been as sharp, which has pushed his odds down, Day has won two of the last five times this tournament has been contested. Too good of a player with too good of a track record here to pass up at these odds.
- Cameron Champ (+8000): Capable of winning on any week, the long driving Champ picked up his second trophy in the fall at the Safeway Open. Since then, he’s been solid on tour with T-14th and T-21st results to kick off 2020.
- Scott Stallings (+15000): Super deep dive with potential for massive upside. Stallings won this tournament in 2014 and finished runner-up in a playoff the following year.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.