- The Palmetto Championship at Congaree in Gillisonville, SC tees off Thursday, June 10th
- Dustin Johnson is the slight +775 favorite over Brooks Koepka
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
After Patrick Cantlay defeated Collin Morikawa to win the Memorial Tournament, the PGA Tour heads Gillisonville, South Carolina for the Palmetto Championship at Congaree. This is a one-off event, which replaces the RBC Canadian Open that was canceled due to logistical challenges related to COVID-19.
Only six of the top-30 golfers in the world rankings are competing with next week’s US Open taking place in California at Torrey Pines. Dustin Johnson, who has been struggling with his game, and Brooks Koepka, who finished T-2nd at the PGA Championship in his most recent start, are the clear top-two golfers on the board.
This track is a par-71 layout that can reach up to nearly 7,700 yards designed by Tom Fazio. It was named by Golf Digest ‘best new private course’ of 2018. Without a ton of world class players competing, the odds are much shorter than they normally would be for top players, but it offers longshots the possibility to grab the win.
2021 Palmetto Championship at Congaree Odds
|Golfers||Odds at DraftKings|
|Harold Varner III||+3500|
Odds as of June 7th
|Promo: Up to $1,050 Free!||Learn More|
|Promo: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet||Learn More|
|Promo: $600 Risk-Free Bet||Learn More|
Sungjae Im Searching For Second Victory
The PGA Tour’s iron man Sungjae Im has put together a solid season, as he’s already played 26 events, placing inside the top-25 eleven times. He hasn’t been as hot of late, dropping his odds a little bit lower to +1700, though he did finish T-17 at the PGA Championship three starts ago.
In the last 36 rounds, Im has excelled in several different strokes gained categories.
Sungjae Im’s Strokes Gained Stats In Last 36 Rounds
|Off-the-Tee||Putting||Short Game||Total||Tee-to-Green||Ball Striking|
In his last seven starts, his worst opening round has been a 71, (with four 68’s), so he should be able to get off to a decent start this week.
He’s up against a diluted field that doesn’t boast a ton of star power, and he’s first in total birdies on the campaign. The top players don’t present much value, but at +1700, you’re getting him at better odds than the top-four players on the board.
2021 Palmetto Championship at Congaree Best Value Picks
- Brandt Snedeker (+5500): After a prolonged slump, Brandt Snedeker has seen his game resurface in the last two months. In that span, he’s made six straight cuts, with four top-20’s, including a T-4 at the Zurich Classic and a T-6 at the Valero Texas Open. Eleventh in total strokes gained, short game and putting on Tour in last 24 rounds.
- Doc Redman (+7500): The 23-year-old star in the making Doc Redman has quietly been solid of late, making five of six cuts, with a pair of top-20’s, highlighted by a T-9 at the AT&T Byron Nelson. He’s had a few brushes to breakthrough for his first PGA Tour title, notably a runner-up at 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic, a couple of third place finishes and a T-4 in 2020.
- J.T. Poston (+8500): Local product J.T. Poston hasn’t set the world ablaze, thus the long odds, but he has made three of his last five cuts, and is eighth in strokes gained putting. In the last 24 rounds, he’s also 15th in SG: short game and 27th in strokes gained off the tee. In a watered down field, some local knowledge might make a big difference, making Poston a worthwhile flier.