2022 US Open Odds: Track Scottie Scheffler, John Rahm & JT Betting Favorites
- View updated odds for the 2022 US Open scheduled to take place from June 16-19 in Brookline, MA
- Matthew Fitzpatrick enters the final round as a slight favorite over Will Zalatoris and Jon Rahm
- See how the odds will change throughout the year and during this year’s edition of the US Open
The graphs below have been generated by averaging the odds from a number of top online sportsbooks to give you a better sense of each golfer’s chances of winning the 2022 US Open at the Country Club in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Bookmark this page and visit it regularly to see how the US Open golf odds for the world’s top golfers ebb and flow.
2022 US Open Odds
- [June 18] Co-leaders at -4, Matthew Fitzpatrick (+340) and Will Zalatoris (+365) go into the final round as the top-two favorites, with Jon Rahm – who trails by one stroke – close behind at +425.
- [June 17] The gap has been closed on Rory McIlroy as he, Jon Rahm, and current US Open co-leader Collin Morikawa are now all getting +450 to win. Tied with Morikawa at -5 is Joel Dahmen, whose odds have shortened to +2200.
- [June 16] After firing an opening round -3, McIlroy’s US Open odds have shortened to as low as +450. First Round leader Adam Hadwin, added to the field late as an alternate, is sitting at -4 with odds to win at +2500.
- [June 13] Following his two-stroke win at the Canadian Open, Rory McIlroy now sits as the US Open favorite, with his average odds shortening to +1050.
- [June 6] With the US Open set to tee off in just ten days, Scottie Scheffler is your new favorite, with odds to win averaging at +1150. 2021’s winner Jon Rahm is right behind Scheffler at +1200.
- [Feb. 25] At +900 odds, Jon Rahm is the leading favorite, ahead of Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka at +1400.
Odds to Win US Open 2022
Odds as of June 18th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
US Open Betting Favorites
The betting odds heading into the 2022 US Open show a remarkable amount of parity. No golfer is shorter than +1000 and roughly 15 golfers are +3000 or shorter. The most-recent results are informing the top of the list, as usual.
The four-time major champion is coming off a win at the RBC Canadian Open and has now been installed as the outright favorite at most sportsbooks. He won the US OPen in 2011, but hasn’t won a single major since 2014. After missing the cut at the US Open from 2016 to 2018, his recent results have been a little better; he has made four straight cuts and finished in the top ten in two of the last four editions.
Justin Thomas is second on the list of favorites and captured the PGA’s most-recent major title (2022 PGA Championship). That victory was his second major title; he also won the 2017 PGA Championship. He has played the US Open seven times in his career, finishing in the top ten twice and missing the cut twice.
Jon Rahm won the US Open last year at Torrey Pines, which came amid a run of five straight top-ten finishes at majors. He enters the 2022 US Open ranked second in the world behind reigning Masters champion Scottie Scheffler. He has had some promising results in 2022, including a win at the Mexico Open in early May, his seventh career win on the PGA Tour.
Sports Betting Promos for US Open 2022
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Get DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Get Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Get Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Get FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code|
|BetMGM||Get BetMGM Promo Code|
|PointsBet||Get PointsBet Promo Code|
|BetRivers||Get BetRivers Promo Code|
|FOX Bet||Get FOX Bet Promo Code|
|SugarHouse||Get SugarHouse Promo Code|
Major North American sportsbook treat the US Open like the signature event that it is on the sports calendar. The sportsbooks listed in the table above all have big sign-up bonuses and promotional offers available for the 2022 US Open, including instant free bets, odds boosts, risk-free wagers, deposit match bonuses, and more.
OWGR Top Ranked Golfers
The list of top golfers in the Official World Golf Rankings mirrors the list of US Open favorites almost perfectly. The top-four favorites are all inside the top-five of the OWGR with Rory McIlroy at #3, Justin Thomas at #5, Jon Rahm at #2, and Scottie Scheffler at #1. The only top-five player in the OWGR who is not a top-five betting favorite is Patrick Cantlay (#4), who is roughly the sixth-favorite to win the tournament.
Odds for Past US Open Winners
Despite the tournament changing venues every year, there is a long history of golfers winning the US Open multiple times. The list of repeat champions is 22 names long, including four players who won the tournament four times (Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus). The most-recent two-time winner was Brooks Koepka (2017, 2018).
Past 10 Winners
Last year’s winner Jon Rahm won the tournament with a score of -4. He was four strokes better than second-place Louis Oosthuizen at Even.
PGA US Open FAQ
Who won the 2021 US Open?
Jon Rahm captured the 2021 US Open title at Torrey Pines in San Diego, California, his first career major victory.
When is the PGA US Open 2022?
The 2022 US Open at The Country Club in Brookline, MA, starts on Thursday, June 16, and wraps up on Sunday, June 19, 2022.
Who is the betting favorite to win the US Open?
This has changed over the last 12 months, but as of mid-June, Rory McIlroy sits as the slight betting favorite at most betting sites, with Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm, and Scottie Scheffler close behind.