- The RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head, South Carolina tees off Thursday, April 15th
- Dustin Johnson is the +950 favorite over defending champion Webb Simpson and Collin Morikawa
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
One week after Hideki Matsuyama slipped into his first career green jacket, the PGA Tour heads to Hilton Head, South Carolina for the RBC Heritage. This track is very tight with some of the smallest greens on tour, so precision ball striking is a must for success.
Matsuyama has opted not to tee it up among the world’s best, but Dustin Johnson, who missed the cut at Augusta National heads the group of golfers contending this week with five of the top-10 in the world competing.
Before Webb Simpson won his seventh PGA Tour title last year, this event was known as a breeding ground for golfers looking to break through into the winner’s circle. The previous four champions all made the RBC Heritage their maiden title.
2021 RBC Heritage Odds
|Golfer||Odds at FanDuel|
|Si Woo Kim||+5000|
Odds as of April 12th[promoted-sportsbook]
Defending Champ Simpson a Good Bet to Repeat
If ever there was a golf course perfectly suited for Webb Simpson, Harbour Town Golf Links would definitely be it. He comes in as the defending champion, which was the fourth straight top-16 for him at this track. Simpson also was a runner-up in the 2013 edition, having lost in a playoff to Graeme McDowell.
Simpson comes in off a respectable T-12 at last week’s Masters, and he’s among the favorites this week following winner-16-5-11 showings the last four trips to Hilton Head, resulting in fantastic strokes gained numbers.
Webb Simpson’s SG Rankings at Harbour Town In Last 12 Rounds
|Total||Tee-to-Green||Approach||Ball Striking||Short Game||Around-the-Green||Putting||Off-the-Tee|
Though he’s not as much of a sexy pick as DJ or Morikawa, someone like Simpson – who is fifth in driving accuracy – will have plenty of scoring opportunities. With +1300 odds, is a good golfer to wager on.
Last Five RBC Heritage Winners
|2020||Webb Simpson (1 shot win)|
|2019||C.T. Pan (1 shot win)|
|2018||Satoshi Kodaira (playoff over Si Woo Kim)|
|2017||Wesley Bryan (1 shot win)|
|2016||Branden Grace (2 shot win)|
2021 RBC Heritage Best Value Picks
- Abraham Ancer (+3200): Still searching for that elusive victory, this could be the spot that Ancer finally gets it done. It very nearly happened last year, as he was runner-up to Simpson. Comes in playing solidly in the last five tournaments, with nothing worse than a T-26. Second in driving accuracy on the campaign, which is very important in the tight Harbour Town track. Eleventh in total strokes gained in last 36 rounds.
- Matt Kuchar (+7500): The 2014 RBC Heritage champion thrives at this venue, and he was a runner-up in 2019 and was 5th in 2015. Comes in with a recent third place showing at the Match Play and T-12 at the Valero Texas Open. In the last 24 rounds at this course, Kuchar is first in total strokes gained, third in putting and fourth in ball striking.
- J.T. Poston (+11000): Longshot with huge upside. The 2019 Wyndham Championship winner has been solid if unspectacular on the season, with seven top-30’s, highlighted by a third place at the Sanderson Farms Championship. Loves this venue, having finished T-6 and T-8 the last two years here.