- 2013 PGA Champion Jason Dufner leads the Wells Fargo Championship after 36 holes
- Big names lurking behind Dufner including McIlroy, Rose, Reed and Day
- See the updated live odds entering Saturday of the 2019 Wells Fargo Championship
Through 36 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Jason Dufner leads a pair of unheralded Americans by one shot after a sizzling second round 63.
Interestingly, there’s separation from the top three golfers to the rest of the field, so despite the fact Rory McIlroy and Patrick Reed are in a tie for fourth, they find themselves five shots behind, with defending champ Jason Day and Justin Rose a further shot back.
Updated 2019 Wells Fargo Championship Odds Entering 3rd Round
|Golfer||Position||Score||Rounds||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
|Jason Dufner||1st||-11||68, 63||+400||+450|
|Joel Dahmen||T-2nd||-10||66, 66||+400||+450|
|Max Homa||T-2nd||-10||69, 63||+1000||+1000|
|Rory McIlroy||T-4th||-6||66, 70||+350||+350|
|Patrick Reed||T-4th||-6||67, 69||+1200||+1200|
|Jason Day||T-6th||-5||68, 69||+1000||+1000|
|Justin Rose||T-6th||-5||70, 67||+1000||+1000|
|Pat Perez||T-6th||-5||69, 68||+4000||+4000|
|Seamus Power||T-6th||-5||69, 68||+5000||+5000|
*Odds taken May 3rd; follow the link in the table above to see all options
McIlroy No Stranger to Weekend Heroics at Quail Hollow
If you took our pre-tournament advice and bet on Rory McIlroy, you received better odds than what he’s sitting at right now. The Ulsterman finds himself five strokes back of Jason Dufner, but going low on the weekend en route to victory on this track is Rory’s move.
Even @McIlroyRory can't believe what he just did. 😳
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 2, 2019
When he tasted victory for the first time on the PGA Tour in 2010, it was with a final round 62. Then, when he emerged victorious again in 2015, the Northern Irishman carded a blistering 61 on the Saturday.
Heading into moving day this go around, expect more fireworks from Rory.
Jason Dufner Comes Out of Nowhere to Lead After 36 Holes
If you said you predicted The Duff Man would contend for the title this week you’re either the world’s greatest liar or you’re….still the world’s greatest liar.
At the beginning of the week, he was a whopping +25000 to earn his sixth career PGA Tour title. To say he’s been having a rough year would be an understatement.
Jason Dufner’s Last Ten Tournaments
|Zurich Classic of New Orleans||CUT|
|Arnold Palmer Invitational||CUT|
|Sony Open in Hawaii||T-73rd|
Where does this strong play come from at the Wells Fargo Championship? Your guess is as good as Dufner’s.
Despite leading, his odds are too short and his recent form is so poor that it’s not prudent to bet on him. But at least we have an opportunity for more Dufnering!
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) March 28, 2016
Best Live Value Picks at 2019 Wells Fargo Championship
- Jason Day (+1000): Defending champ at this event. Four top-5 finishes on tour this season. Third in strokes gained tee to green through two rounds.
- Patrick Reed (+1200): Runner-up on this course at 2017 PGA Championship. Posted strong eighth place showing last year at this tournament. Tied second fewest bogeys this week with only two.
- Aaron Wise (+6600): Longshot with big upside. Sits at 3-under, eight shots back. Was runner-up in spirited effort last year here. Tied second for most birdies in event with eleven already.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.