- The Wells Fargo Championship tees off Thursday, May 2nd
- The event features a very strong field tuning up for the PGA Championship in two weeks
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
One of the PGA Tour’s crown jewel golf courses will test the best players in the world this week as the Wells Fargo Championship gets underway at Quail Hollow Golf Club.
Jason Day returns looking to become the first ever back-to-back champ while Rory McIlroy remains the event’s only two-time winner, and with his recent form and solid play on this golf course, he’s the favorite in Charlotte.
2019 Wells Fargo Championship Odds
|Golfer||Odds to Win Wells Fargo Championship at Bovada||Odds at Mybookie|
*Odds taken 04/29/19. Follow the links in the table above to see all betting options.
Rory McIlroy a Force at Quail Hollow
As the event’s only two-time champion (also lost a playoff to Rickie Fowler in 2012), and the hottest golfer on the planet, the stars are aligning perfectly for Rory McIlroy to record his 16th career PGA Tour title.
— Rory McIlroy (@McIlroyRory) April 8, 2019
He’s coming off his “worst” finish of the year at the Masters – a tie for 21st, which was his only event in 2019 on the PGA Tour that he failed to record a top 10. In other words, he’s money in the bank this week given that he’s first in total strokes gained and strokes gained tee to green, which is paramount on the demanding Quail Hollow layout.
Will Phil Mickelson Finally Win Wells Fargo Championship?
Lefty has been streaky this year with a victory at Pebble Beach, a second place finish at the Desert Classic, and then middling results otherwise.
— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) April 29, 2019
One thing that is a near certainty, however, is that he’ll find himself at contention at this event. Mickelson has an incredible 12 top-12 finishes at this course in 14 tries (T-18th in 2017 on different course). Yet Somehow victory has eluded him.
Phil Mickelson’s Best Wells Fargo Championship Results
There are horses for courses and that definitely applies here with Lefty. Will this finally be the year he gets over the hump? His +3000 odds at MyBookie are awfully enticing.
Last 5 Wells Fargo Championship Champions
*Won at different golf course
2019 Wells Fargo Championship Best Value Picks
- Lucas Glover (+5500): 2011 champ at this event continues playing solid golf all year. Made cut in 11 of 14 times teeing it up, posting top-18 results in every tournament finished.
- Aaron Wise (+7500): Runner-up here last year before winning the following week. Comes off a 17th place showing at the Masters.
- Rory Sabbatini (+10000): Hasn’t missed a cut since February. Last two events resulted in T-10 and T-3rd placings.
- Scott Stallings (+15000): Co-led entering final round at last week’s Zurich Classic. Also was third at Pebble Beach and T-9th at Valspar. Streaky player with big upside.