- Incredible leaderboard littered with major champions after 2nd round of Masters
- Tiger Woods just one stroke back in search of first Masters title since 2005
- See the updated live odds entering Saturday of the 2019 Masters Tournament
Name a better leaderboard after two rounds in a major championship than the 2019 Masters….we’re still waiting.
Heading into moving day, there’s a bunched-up leaderboard with a five-way tie for the lead, comprising of all former major champions – oh ya, and some guy named Tiger Woods is just one stroke back.
Here’s a look at how the Masters odds have changed after two days.
2019 Masters Odds Entering 3rd Round
|Golfer||Position||Score||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds taken April 12th; follow the link in the table above to see all options
Tiger Woods Ready to Pounce for 5th Green Jacket
You could look at Tiger Woods’ 2nd round and be disappointed that he didn’t play better – he let opportunities fall by the wayside on 8, 12, 13, 17 and 18.
Or you could look at the positives of his round, and say he made clutch long putts for birdie on 9, 11, 14 and 15, and he also evaded a potential devastating injury.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) April 12, 2019
While it is disappointing Woods hasn’t made a few more make-able putts, he’s pretty well right where he wants to be after 36 holes.
If you took our advice and waited to wager on him till the afternoon Friday, you got him at decent odds before those dropped following a solid second round.
— Masters Tournament (@TheMasters) April 12, 2019
Tiger is on the prowl and an important historical stat to note: in all 14 of his major victories, he’s been tied for sixth or better after two rounds, which is exactly where he finds himself now. Bet Tiger with confidence that he’ll make a weekend charge.
Beware the Injured Golfer Jason Day
It’s an axiom as old as golf has been – beware of the injured golfer. Jason Day nearly withdrew from this event during the first round with a bad back, but he toughed it out and now finds himself tied for the lead after 36 holes.
Beware of the injured golfer ⛔️
Jason Day made a move on Friday. pic.twitter.com/IybKWpxcWC
— GOLFTV (@GOLFTV) April 12, 2019
The uber-talented Aussie has finished second and third at the Masters earlier in his career and seems to be shaking off the injury to play great golf. You have to consider him heading into the weekend to win his second career major.
Best Live Value Picks at 2019 Masters Tournament
- Jon Rahm (+1400): Just two strokes back, Rahm led the Players Championship after three rounds this year before falling back. Becoming a bigger and bigger player in big events. Lurking all week and will be able to hide in the shadows of the leaders entering Saturday.
- Justin Thomas (+3300): The 2017 PGA Champion has three top-3 finishes this season and is just four strokes back. Capable of going super low at majors on moving day Saturday, as evidenced by his 63 at Erin Hills in the 2017 U.S. Open.
- Matt Kuchar (+4000): He’s been part of the conversation for great darkhorses all week. Just three shots behind, Kuchar has two victories this season and three career top-5 finishes at the Masters.
- Thorbjorn Olesen (+25000): Crazy long shot to win who’s just five strokes behind. Olesen has five career European Tour victories and has a top-6 finish in his career at the Masters.