- Alabama and Ohio State faceoff for the National Championship on Monday, January 11th at 8:15 PM EST
- The Crimson Tide are almost double-digit favorites ahead of kickoff
- See live updates as the odds swing throughout the National Championship right here
A crazy 2020 college football season will come to an end when No. 1 Alabama and No. 3 Ohio State square off for the National Championship on Monday, January 11th at Hard Rock Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8:15 PM EST from Florida. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.
The line continues to move in favor of Alabama after the Crimson Tide opened as 7.5-point favorites. Public money is coming in on Ohio State after their impressive victory over Clemson, but sharp bettors are backing the Tide.
Can Justin Fields and the Buckeyes spoil Alabama’s bid to win a sixth national title under head coach Nick Saban?
Alabama vs Ohio State National Championship Live Odds
|Ohio State||+27.5 (-113)||OFF||O 82.5 (+114)|
|Alabama||-27.5 (-114)||OFF||U 82.5 (-148)|
Odds as of 11:44 PM EST on January 11, 2021.
- [0:00, 4th Quarter] Alabama defeats Ohio State 52-24 in the National Championship and easily covers the 9.5-point spread. With a total of 76 points scored in the game, the “over” cashes — but barely.
- [3:00, 4th Quarter] Mac Jones limps off the field to a loud round of applause. Bryce Young is in at quarterback for the Crimson Tide. The game has been taken off the board with Alabama leading 52-24.
- [7:52, 4th Quarter] The Buckeyes fail to get any points on a 17-play drive that lasted around five-and-a-half minutes. With a 52-24 lead, the Crimson Tide are listed as 27.5-point favorites. DeVonta Smith is on the sidelines supporting his team.
- [13:15, 4th Quarter] Alabama appears to have put the nail in the coffin. Najee Harris runs the ball into the endzone for his third touchdown of the evening. The Tide are in full control and are favored by 28 points.
- [0:00, 3rd Quarter] Alabama is a 25.5-point favorite heading into the fourth quarter. DeVonta Smith’s night appears to be over. The fourth quarter odds have Alabama -315 on the moneyline and -6.5 for the spread.
- [2:52, 3rd Quarter] Crimson Tide receiver Slade Bolden catches a pass from Mac Jones and dives into the endzone for a 5-yard touchdown. The Tide stretch the lead back to 21. They are three-touchdown favorites and the total is at 89.5.
- [4:26, 3rd Quarter] Alabama confirms its a hand injury for DeVonta Smith. The standout receiver is listed as questionable to return. The Tide are 21-point favorites.
- [6:00, 3rd Quarter] DeVonta Smith has gone to the locker room after being in the medical tent for over 20 minutes. Jaylen Waddle is on the field for the Tide, but he’s been wobbling around. John Metchie is expected to become the go-to-guy for Mac Jones with Smith injured.
- [6:45, 3rd Quarter] Ohio State quickly cuts into Alabama’s lead. Justin Fields connects with Garrett Wilson for a 20-yard TD reception to make it a 14-point game. Ohio State is a 17-point underdog and +1100 on the moneyline. The total has climbed back up to 86.5.
- [7:47, 3rd Quarter] Alabama stretches its lead with a 20-yard field goal from Will Reichard. The Buckeyes stay within 21 points with a good defensive effort. The line has dropped to Alabama -21.5 and the total is down to 82.5.
- [12:00, 3rd Quarter] DeVonta Smith has gone to the medical tent after taking a hit from Pete Werner. Alabama trainers are reportedly looking at his right hand. The game total is dropping, but the line has yet to shift in favor of the Buckeyes.
- [Halftime] With Alabama leading 35-17 at the half, they are listed at -3.5 for the third-quarter spread and -2.5 for the fourth-quarter spread. The second half spread has Alabama -6.5. The Tide will receive the ball to start the second half.
- [0:00, 2nd Quarter] The Tide take an 18-point lead into halftime. They are favored by 24.5 points and a whopping -10000 favorite on the moneyline. The Buckeyes have been dealt another major injury. Ohio State right guard Wyatt Davis had to be helped off the field with an apparent leg injury.
- [1:48, 2nd Quarter] DeVonta Smith can’t be stopped. The Heisman Trophy winner is going nuts in the first half of the National Championship. His third touchdown of the half is a 42-yard TD reception to put Alabama up 35-17. Alabama is favored by over three touchdowns for the first time and the total has hit 90.
- [3:19, 2nd Quarter] It’s too easy for Mac Jones and DeVonta Smith. The junior pivot finds the Heisman winner with a five-yard TD pass to stretch the Tide’s lead. The Tide are now favored by 15.5 points and are -1000 on the moneyline. The total is approaching 90.
- [5:21, 2nd Quarter] Ohio State makes it a four-point game with a 23-yard field goal from Jake Seibert. This marks the first time in the game the Buckeyes have stalled in the red zone. Ohio State failed to get six points despite Alabama’s Jordan Battle getting disqualified for targeting. Alabama is an 11-point favorite and the total is up to 85.
- [9:00, 2nd Quarter] Najee Harris leaps in the endzone to complete a 26-yard catch-and-run play. Bama back on top by a touchdown. The Tide are favored by almost two touchdowns and listed at -590 on the moneyline. The total continues to climb, as it’s now at 84.
- [11:43, 2nd Quarter] The Buckeyes cash in on a massive fumble recovery. Master Teague runs the ball four yards into the endzone for his second TD of the night. Ohio State draws even and are now 9-point underdogs. The total is at 80.5.
- [14:00, 2nd Quarter] ESPN confirms Trey Sermon is OUT for the National Championship. The Oklahoma transfer is off to the hospital with an apparent shoulder injury. A massive loss for the Buckeyes. Sermon had 500-plus yards on the ground over the previous two games against Northwestern and Clemson.
- [14:53, 2nd Quarter] The Tide are back on top. Heisman Trophy winner DeVonta Smith with a five-yard TD reception to give Alabama the lead. The Tide are favored by two touchdowns and -530 on the moneyline. The total has surpassed 80.
- [0:00, 1st Quarter] The first quarter comes to a close with the two teams tied at seven apiece. The big news is that Ohio State running back Trey Sermon was injured on the team’s opening drive. He’s yet to return from the locker room. Alabama is a 12-point favorite and -435 on the moneyline. The total is just shy of 80.
- [4:55, 1st Quarter] Ohio State answers right back after Alabama’s opening score. Master Teague runs the ball eight yards into the endzone to even things up. The Crimson Tide are favored by 10 points and listed at -345 on the moneyline. The total has climbed up to 77.
- [8:07, 1st Quarter] Alabama draws first blood. Najee Harris barrels into the endzone for a 1-yard rushing touchdown to put the Tide in front. Alabama is now favored by over two touchdowns and listed at -590 on the moneyline. The total is at 75.5.
- [15:00, 1st Quarter] With kickoff just moments away, the Crimson Tide close as 9.5-point favorites. They are -305 on the moneyline. The total is sitting at 75 with oddsmakers projecting a high-scoring affair between two offensive juggernauts.
- [Pregame] Alabama wide receiver Jaylen Waddle is confirmed to be IN for the Crimson Tide. The junior had been out 11 weeks following surgery on his fractured left ankle. The Tide are listed as -9.5 favorites and -305 on the moneyline.
- [Pregame] Ohio State’s injury report has been released ahead of kickoff. The Buckeyes will be without 13 players for the National Championship, including DT Tommy Togiai, DE Tyreke Smith and kicker Blake Haubeil. Alabama is now a 9.5-point favorite.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.