2019 NFL MVP Odds Tracker
- Look back at the 2019 NFL MVP race
- Track how the odds changed for all contenders throughout the entire 2019 NFL season
- Looking for current NFL MVP odds?
We tracked the odds to win the 2019 NFL MVP award throughout the entire 2019 NFL season. Have a look back to see how the odds changed after all major events and games.
- [January 29] Three days before the NFL Honors, Lamar Jackson remains the heavy favorite to win NFL MVP
- [December 25] Jackson’s odds continue to shorten, reaching -100000 ahead of Week 17
- [December 18] Lamar Jackson’s odds have reached a new best at -3000 after yet another great game in Week 15
- [December 11] Jackson’s odds went from -288 to -1000. He didn’t light up the Bills in Week 14, but Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson both had awful games
- [December 4] After lighting up the Patriots defense, en route to a 28-22 victory in Week 13, Deshaun Watson saw his MVP odds improve from +1950 to +1100
- [November 27] Lamar Jackson has become the odds-on favorite after throwing five touchdowns against the Rams on Monday Night Football of Week 12
- [November 20] After throwing four touchdowns and adding another 86 yards on the ground en route to hammering the Texans in Week 11, Lamar Jackson is now favored to win the NFL MVP
- [November 13] Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson are breaking away from the crowd, as both their average odds are shorter than 5-2, while the next closest is Deshaun Watson at +583
- [November 6] After beating the Patriots, Lamar Jackson’s MVP odds shortened from an average of +750 to +317, only sitting behind Russell Wilson
- [October 30] Wilson’s reign as the MVP favorite only lasted two weeks, as Aaron Rodgers has taken that title after another dominant performance against the Chiefs in Week 8; Drew Brees also sees himself back on the board after a great outing in his return
- [October 23] Sportsbooks are split on who the MVP favorite should be, as some have stuck with Russell Wilson while other are favoring Aaron Rodgers – Wilson’s average odds are better
- [October 16] For the first time this year, Patrick Mahomes is not favored to win NFL MVP; Russell Wilson has become the favorite after Week 6
- [October 9] After struggling a little in Week 5, Mahomes is still favored, but no longer the odds-on favorite; Russell Wilson has vaulted himself up the odds board after another solid performance
- [October 2] Patrick Mahomes is now the odds-on favorite to win NFL MVP
- [September 24] After outshining Lamar Jackson in Week 3, Patrick Mahomes is nearly the odds-on favorite to win the 2019 NFL MVP
- [September 17] With Drew Brees set to miss around six weeks, three clear favorites have emerged: Mahomes, Brady, and Jackson
- [September 11] After throwing for 341 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 1, Tom Brady’s MVP odds shortened to an average of +700, down from +1600 prior to Week 1; Lamar Jackson saw the biggest movement, though, going from +4075 to +1400
- [September 5] Aaron Rodgers, whose odds went from +1267 to +1013, crept back into the top three contenders, overtaking Baker Mayfield
- [August 26] After Andrew Luck retired, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers saw their odds fade, while Carson Wentz and Baker Mayfield are now among the top three contenders
- [July 10] Carson Wentz has seen his MVP odds shorten quite a bit since opening. moving from an average of +2000 to +1433
- [May 31] Patrick Mahomes has opened as the favorite to win the 2019 NFL MVP award with short +400 odds
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2019 NFL MVP|
*Odds taken January 29; Follow the link in the table for more MVP betting options
Just like Patrick Mahomes the year before, Lamar Jackson exploded in his second season in the NFL, throwing for 36 touchdowns and adding another seven rushing. He broke the single-season record for rushing yards by a quarterback with 1,206 and posted a very impressive 113.3 passer rating.
As a result, he took home the 2019 NFL MVP award. But as you can see, he wasn’t always the favorite.