2020 NFL MVP Odds Tracker
- Get the latest 2020 NFL MVP odds
- Track the movement over the course of the season for all contenders
- Compare players to others at their position or isolate each player individually
Since 1957, the Associated Press has been presenting a Most Valuable Player award to the NFL’s most deserving candidate – also read as the best quarterback in the league. Here are the odds available at our most trusted betting sites; the graphs below show each player’s average odds to win MVP.
Odds For Top NFL MVP Contenders
- [February 10] Lamar Jackson’s odds improved slightly, closing the gap between he and Mahomes at the top
- [February 5] Patrick Mahomes has opened as the favorite to win the 2020 NFL MVP
Odds at BetOnline
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2020 NFL MVP at BetOnline|
*Odds taken February 10; Follow the link in the table for more MVP betting options
Opening 2020 Odds vs 2019 Odds
NFL MVP Betting Trends
- A quarterback has won each of the last seven NFL MVP awards
- Since 2001, only three non-QBs have won the award – all were running backs
- Since 2001, only one player has won NFL MVP without their respective team winning at least 11 games – Adrian Peterson’s Vikings won 10 games in 2012
Top Contenders by Position
Of the 62 NFL MVP awards handed out, 41.5 have gone to quarterbacks – Brett Favre and Barry Sanders shared the honors in 1997. Looking to the remaining 20.5, 17.5 of them were running backs, two were defensive players, and one was a placekicker.
- Alan Page (1971) and Lawrence Taylor (1986) were the two defensive players to win the award
- Mark Moseley (1982) was the lone kicker to win an MVP, after he nailed an NFL-high 20 field goal attempts – he attempted 21 – for Washington
- Jim Brown won the first two MVP awards in 1957 and 1958
- The most recent RB to be named MVP was Adrian Peterson in 2012
- The NFL MVP has gone to a QB in his second season in the league each of the last two years
Odds For Previous Winners
The five players in this graph have accounted for each of the last five MVP awards. Tom Brady leads all active players with three MVPs, but still has some work to do in order to catch Peyton Manning, who holds the all-time record with five.
Last 10 NFL MVP Winners
|2017||Tom Brady (3)||QB||Patriots||13-3|
|2014||Aaron Rodgers (2)||QB||Packers||12-4|
|2013||Peyton Manning (5)||QB||Broncos||13-3|
|2010||Tom Brady (2)||QB||Patriots||14-2|
Teams with Most NFL MVP Winners
|NFL Team||Number of MVP Winners||Most Recent MVP Winner|
|Indianapolis Colts||8.5||Peyton Manning (2009)|
|Green Bay Packers||7.5||Aaron Rodgers (2014)|
|San Francisco 49ers||5||Steve Young (1994)|
|Cleveland Browns||4||Brian Sipe (1980)|
|Los Angeles Rams||4||Kurt Warner (2001)|
The Colts had five MVP winners during their time in Baltimore – Johnny Unitas accounted for three – but Peyton Manning provided four more when they moved to Indianapolis.
You may be a little surprised to see Cleveland on here, but keep in mind the NFL MVP has been awarded since 1957. Jim Brown won the first two and added a third in 1965.
Thanks to the Greatest Show on Turf, the Rams are the only team to win the award in three consecutive seasons – Brett Favre won it for the Packers in three straight, but he shared the award in 1997 with Barry Sanders.
Teams with No NFL MVP Winners
|Teams with no MVP Winners||Notable Players with “MVP-Type” Seasons|
|Arizona Cardinals||Larry Fitzgerald/Carson Palmer/Kurt Warner/Jake Plummer|
|Houston Texans||Arian Foster/Andre Johnson/JJ Watt|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||Mark Brunell/Fred Taylor/Maurice Jones-Drew|
|New Orleans Saints||Drew Brees/Alvin Kamara|
|New York Jets||Curtis Martin/Joe Namath|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Brad Johnson?|
Patrick Mahomes was the first Kansas City Chief to ever win the NFL MVP award in 2018, and Lamar Jackson became the first ever Raven to win it in 2019.
The city of Baltimore did get to see five MVPs when they had the Colts, though.