2021 NHL Hart Trophy Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2021 NHL Hart Trophy?
- Connor McDavid is the current favorite to win the 2021 Hart Trophy
- Track and visualize how odds fluctuate throughout the 2020-21 NHL campaign
The Professional Hockey Writers’ Association has awarded the Hart Memorial Trophy to the league’s most valuable player since 1926, a whopping 16 years before the original six era officially began. With 31 teams in the NHL and league parity at an all-time high, the Hart Trophy race has never been more exciting. See which players are competing for the most coveted trophy with up-to-date odds below.
We’ll be tracking all the odds available at sportsbooks all year, providing you with coverage on how notable players’ odds to win the Hart fluctuate throughout the season.
Odds for Top Hart Trophy Contenders
|Bonus: Up to $1,050 Free!||bet now|
|Bonus: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
|Bonus: $600 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
- [Apr 21]: McDavid’s average odds continue to shorten all the way to -1100, which leaves almost no value on to bet on him at this point. Sidney Crosby’s average odds have also shortened over the last week and a half from +2600 to +1100.
- [Apr 8]: Connor McDavid is essentially a shoo-in to win the Hart Trophy as his average odds shorten to -525. Mikko Rantanen has made a push for the award after a solid month of March. His average odds sit at +2600.
- [Mar 23]: Although Connor McDavid remains a big favorite, other skaters are making moves in the Hart Trophy odds. Florida’s Aleksander Barkov’s average odds have shortened from +3500 to +1650.
- [Mar 4]: Patrick Kane is showing everyone he still has a lot of gas left in the tank. Kane has four goals and 11 points in his last five games. His average odds to win the Hart Trophy have shortened from +2400 to +750.
- [Feb 22]: Auston Matthews is now the second favorite to win the Hart behind Connor McDavid with +288 average odds. Matthews has seven goals in his last four games.
- [Feb 2]: Connor McDavid remains the favorite at +275 average odds. Jack Hughes’ average odds have shortened from +9000 to +2900 after starting the season with eight points through nine games.
- [Jan 22]: After a full week of the 2021 NHL season, the biggest mover in the Top 10 average odds was Brayden Point from +1450 to +1800.
- [Jan 8]: With the NHL season less than a week away, Connor McDavid is the new favorite at +453 average odds. Nikita Kucherov, Tyler Seguin, and Vladimir Tarasenko have fallen out of the odds due to injuries.
- [Nov 9, 2020]: Nathan MacKinnon has opened as the favorite to win the 2021 Hart Trophy at +650. Last year’s winner Leon Draisaitl has opened at +1150 odds
Hart Trophy Odds
|Player||Odds at FanDuel|
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||-1500|
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||+950|
|Sidney Crosby (Penguins)||+1100|
|Patrick Kane (Blackhawks)||+1500|
|Mikko Rantanen (Avalanche)||+2600|
|Victor Hedman (Lightning)||+2600|
|Aleksander Barkov (Panthers)||+4800|
|Connor Hellebuyck (Jets)||+4800|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+4800|
|Jonathan Huberdeau (Panthers)||+4800|
|Mark Scheifele (Jets)||+4800|
|Mike Zibanejad (Rangers)||+4800|
|Mitch Marner (Leafs)||+4800|
|Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche)||+4800|
Odds as of Apr. 21st
NHL Hart Trophy Trends to Consider
- No non-forward has won the Hart in the last 15 years with the sole exception of Carey Price in 2014-2015.
- It’s almost impossible for players to win the Hart Trophy if their teams don’t make the playoffs. It hasn’t happened since Mario Lemieux won the trophy in 1988 and only four times in this history of the league.
- The player who wins the Hart will likely lead the league in either goals, points, or both. The only two post-lockout exceptions to this rule are Taylor Hall in 2018 and Carey Price in 2015.
- Hockey writers not only focus on larger market teams when they cast their votes, but they tend to vote for players in the Eastern Conference. In the post-lockout era, 10 out of 14 Hart Trophy-winners have played in the East.
2021 Hart Trophy Odds for Players on Canadian Teams
Canadian teams are home to a lot of top-flight talent this season, including three of the last 10 winners in Leon Draisaitl (2020), Connor McDavid (2017), and Carey Price (2015).
2021 Hart Trophy Odds for Previous Winners
Last 10 Winners
|2019-2020||Leon Draisaitl (Edmonton Oilers)||43||67||110||24|
|2018-2019||Nikita Kucherov (Tampa Bay Lightning)||41||87||128||25|
|2017-2018||Taylor Hall (New Jersey Devils)||39||54||93||26|
|2016-2017||Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers)||30||70||100||20|
|2015-2016||Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks)||46||60||106||27|
|2014-2015||Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens)||N/A (1.96 GAA)||N/A (.933 SV%)||N/A (44 W)||27|
|2013-2014||Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins)||36||68||104||26|
|2012-2013||Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)||32||24||56||27|
|2011-2012||Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)||50||59||109||25|
|2010-2011||Corey Perry (Anaheim Ducks)||50||48||98||25|
The median age of Hart Trophy winners in the last 10 years is 25. The youngest winner over the last 10 years is Connor McDavid, who was only 20 when he won the Hart in 2017.
Carey Price was the first goaltender to win the Hart Trophy in 2016 in over 10 years. Jose Theodore won the Hart in 2002 with the Montreal Canadiens as well.
Players with Multiple Trophies
|Wayne Gretzky||9||1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989|
|Gordie Howe||6||1952, 1953, 1957, 1958, 1960, 1963|
|Eddie Shore||4||1933, 1935, 1936, 1938|
|Bobby Clarke||3||1973, 1975, 1976|
|Mario Lemieux||3||1988, 1993, 1996|
|Howie Morenz||3||1928, 1931, 1932|
|Bobby Orr||3||1970, 1971, 1972|
|Alexander Ovechkin||3||2007, 2008, 2013|
|Sidney Crosby||2||2007, 2014|
|Dominik Hasek||2||1997, 1998|
|Phil Esposito||2||1969, 1974|
|Mark Messier||2||1990, 1992|