2021 Heisman Trophy Odds Tracker
- Alabama QB Bryce Young won the 2021 Heisman in a landslide
- See the odds for the favorites and longshots, starting from last year’s title game right up to award week
- Looking for this year’s Heisman odds?
The 2021 college football season was another instance of the preseason Heisman Trophy favorite (Spencer Rattler) falling off the map relatively early. That said, eventual winner Bryce Young of Alabama opened as the second-favorite and never faded further than the top four.
Below, see how the 2021 Heisman Trophy odds changed over the course of the 14-week season.Advertising Disclosure
Heisman Trophy Favorites
- Dec. 12: Bryce Young won the 2021 Heisman in a landslide, garnering 684 of 875 first-place votes. He amassed 2,311 total points in the vote, while second-place Aidan Hutchinson has only 954. Hutchinson was also second in first-place votes with a distant 78.
- Dec. 5: A dominant performance against a vaunted Georgia defense in the SEC title game has shortened Bryce Young’s Heisman odds to a prohibitively short -3417. Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson is the distant second-favorite at +1800.
- Nov. 28: Even though his Alabama team struggled mightily as 19-point favorites against Auburn (needing four OTs to pull out the win), Crimson Tide QB Bryce Young is back atop the Heisman odds at -210. Last week’s favorite, Ohio State QB CJ Stroud, was beaten handily by Michigan. Speaking of the Wolverines, defensive end Aidan Hutchinson is on the board for the first time this year … as the third-favorite.
- Nov. 21: Stroud has taken over as the (heavy) favorite, sitting at -210 after he led his Buckeys to a 56-7 demolition of No. 7 Michigan State.
- Nov. 14: Ohio State’s CJ Stroud became a +183 favorite, passing Alabama’s Bryce Young (+215) and MSU’s Kenneth Walker (+365). Oklahoma QB Caleb Williams faded from +750 to +4000 after the Sooners suffered their first loss of the season to Baylor.
- Nov. 8: The engine behind Michigan State’s still-perfect season, Kenneth Walker III is now the second-favorite at +345, narrowly ahead of Ohio State QB CJ Stroud (+350).
- Nov. 1: Bryce Young (+165) is the clear favorite with Matt Corral fading to +550. But CJ Stroud (+400), Kenneth Walker (+550), and Caleb Williams (+825) have all moved into the top tier of contenders.
- Oct. 24: Pitt’s Kenny Pickett improved from +2100 to +950 after taking down six-time reigning ACC champion Clemson (27-17).
- Oct. 17: New Oklahoma starter Caleb Williams is on the board at +3750, immediately becoming a top-seven favorite after 1.5 games as the Sooners’ signal-caller.
- Oct. 10: Bama’s loss to Texas A&M sent Young’s odds from +123 to +190. Corral improved to +200 after edging Arkansas in a thriller. Michigan State RB Kenneth Walker is now in the top four at +1600. He was off the board to start the year and +10000 after Week 1.
- Oct. 3: Young’s Alabama thumped Corral’s Ole Miss (42-21) and their odds shifted accordingly. Young is the +123 favorite now with Corral fading to +215.
- Sep. 26: Corral (+150) and Young (+238) remain way ahead of the field. But Fresno State QB Jake Haener is on the board for the first time and immediately entered the top ten at +4000.
- Sep. 19: Matt Corral is now the outright favorite at +175. Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder is in the top four at +1900. Spencer Rattler (+1950) and DJ Uiagalelei (+4500) have faded the most in the first two weeks.
- Sep. 12: Ole Miss QB Matt Corral (+450) is now the second-favorite. Oregon RB CJ Verdell improved from +15000 to +2050 after leading the Ducks to a huge upset of Ohio State in Columbus.
- Sep. 5: Alabama QB Bryce Young is the new favorite at +450 after lighting up Miami in Week 1.
- Aug. 27: Sportsbooks in AZ will likely be taking lots of action on a trio of players who have Arizona ties. State natives Kedon Slovis and Brock Purdy should have big years at USC and Iowa state, respectively, while Jayden Daniels looks to lead Arizona State to a PAC-12 title
- Aug. 16: All the favorites faded a little as bettors (sensibly) shy away from short odds on an unpredictable award. Rattler went from +588 to +700. Uiagalelei wen from +913 to +925. Young went from +963 to +1050. Daniels went from +1000 to +1200. And Stroud went from +1325 to +1500.
- Aug. 9: Rattler, already the favorite, shortened from +625 to +588. Uiagalelei (+913) also saw his odds improve while Daniels faded from +950 to +1000.
- Aug. 3: CJ Stroud appears to be in line to start under center at Ohio State and has jumped into the top-five, accordingly. His odds have improved from +5000 to +1325 since opening.
- Apr. 23: Rattler has faded from +371 to +513 but remains the favorite. Second-favorite DJ Uiagalelei improved from +783 to +713.
- Jan. 12: Georgia QB JT Daniels (+1225) has jumped Miami pivot D’Eriq King (+1375) for the final spot in the top five.
- Jan. 5: Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler (+362) is favored over Alabama QB Bryce Young (+594), Clemson QB DJ Uiagalelei (+800), and UNC QB Sam Howell (+967)
Latest Heisman Trophy Odds
|Bryce Young (QB, Alabama)||-3417|
|Aidan Hutchinson (DE, Michigan)||+1800|
|Kenny Pickett (QB, Pitt)||+2750|
|CJ Stroud (QB, Ohio State)||+3000|
|Matt Corral (QB, Ole Miss)||+5000|
|Will Anderson (EDGE, Alabama)||+5000|
|Kenneth Walker III (RB, Michigan State)||+10000|