2021 MLB AL & NL Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- This page tracked the 2021 AL Rookie of the Year odds and NL Rookie of the Year odds
- Tampa’s Randy Arozarena (AL) and Cincinnati’s Jonathan India (NL) won the 2021 MLB ROY awards
- Looking for this season’s MLB Rookie of the Year odds?
This page tracked the American League and National League Rookie of the Year races. The graphs below were generated by averaging the latest odds from reputable online sportsbooks.Advertising Disclosure
- Oct. 3: Arozarena wraps up the season as a -180 favorite. Wander Franco’s late-season made him the +350 second-favorite.
- Sep. 26: Mountcastle (+385) shortened again. Arozarena remains the -175 favorite.
- Sep. 20: The Orioles’ Ryan Mountcastle surged from +1800 to +625, becoming the third-favorite. Arozarena also shortened, though, from -160 to -175.
- Sep. 12: Arozarena improved from -140 to -160, while his main competitors either stayed put or got longer.
- Sep. 6: This race is far from over. Arozarena is still the odds-on chalk, but faded from -150 to -140, while Adolis Garcia improved from +435 to +325 and Wande Franco made another big move from +2750 to +775.
- Aug. 30: Arozarena continues to be the odds-on chalk at -150.Second-favorite Adolis Garcia slid further to +435, but third-favorite Luis Garcia improved from +600 to +550 after another stellar start.
- Aug. 22: Arozarena is the odds-on favorite for the first time this season, sitting at -125. Adolis Garcia faded to +400 and Luis Garcia to +600.
- Aug. 16: Arozarena shortened from +255 to +155. Second-favorite Adolis Garcia faded from +300 to +310. Third-favorite Luis Garcia fell from +350 to +390.
- Aug. 11: Arozarena (+225) has taken over as favorite (again) while Adolis Garcia (+300) and Luis Garcia (+350) are close behind.
- Aug. 8: Adolis Garcia’s lead continues to shrink. He faded to +225 while Randy Arozarena (+330) took a big leap into second, just ahead of Luis Garcia (+350).
- Aug. 2: Three players are within striking distance of favorite Adolis Garcia, who faded to +213. Luis Garcia improved to +310; Akil Baddoo went from +1600 to +345; and preseason favorite Randy Arozarena shortened form +900 to +450.
- July 28: Off the board for months, the ROY odds re-opened with Texas’ Adolis Garcia a +150 favorite over Houston pitcher Luis Garcia (+400) and preseason favorite Tampa Bay’s Randy Arozarena (+900).
- April 12: White Sox DH Yermin Mercedes has been raking early on and is now a top-three ROY favorite at +800.
- March 25:Tampa’s Randy Arozarena, who smashed all manner of franchise playoff records last year, is the early favorite at +350, almost twice as short as second-favorite Jarred Kelenic of the Mariners.
2021 AL Rookie of the Year Favorites
|Player (Position, Team)||Odds|
|Randy Arozarena (OF, Rays)||-180|
|Wander Franco (IF, Rays)||+350|
|Ryan Mountcastle (OF/1B, Orioles)||+500|
|Adolis Garcia (OF, Rangers)||+1000|
|Luis Garcia (P, HOU)||+1900|
Odds as of Oct. 3, 2021.
|2011||Jeremy Hellickson (P)||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2012||Mike Trout (OF)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2013||Wil Myers (OF)||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2014||Jose Abreu (1B)||Chicago White Sox|
|2015||Carlos Correa (SS)||Houston Astros|
|2016||Michael Fulmer (P)||Detroit Tigers|
|2017||Aaron Judge (OF)||New York Yankees|
|2018||Shohei Ohtani (P/DH)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2019||Yordan Alvarez (DH)||Houston Astros|
|2020||Kyle Lewis (OF)||Seattle Mariners|
- Oct. 3: India finishes the year as a -1350 favorite, followed by Rogers at +775.
- Sep. 26: The NL ROY odds stagnated again. India is still -1150.
- Sep. 20: There hasn’t been much movement lately. Cincinnati’s India (-1150) continues to be a short favorite, followed by Miami’s Rogers (+725)
- Sep. 12: The Cubs’ Frank Schwindel has popped up on the board late in the season at +4000, making him the fourth-favorite.
- Sep. 6: Trevor Rogers is finally back on the field and saw his improve from +800 to +575. India shortened from -875 to -950, though, so probably too little, too late.
- Aug. 30: While India is still a prohibitive favorite at -875, third-favorite Patrick Wisdom jumped all the way from +2500 to +1100 after a strong week for a rebuilding Cubs team that’s turned a corner to some extent.
- Aug. 22: This race is over, according to oddsmakers. India, who’s powering the Reds’ playoff push, went all the way from -350 to -800.
- Aug. 16: India has become a -350 favorite. Rogers, who hasn’t pitched since July 31st, has faded from +105 to +243.
- Aug. 11: India and Rogers have flip flopped. The Reds’ second baseman is now the -140 favorite, while the sidelined Rogers is +105.
- Aug. 8: The gap between Rogers (-140) and India (+105) shrunk again. Rogers was put on Miami’s family medical emergency list on Aug. 3.
- Aug. 2: India (+183) has moved significantly closer to Rogers (-163) even though Rogers shortened, as well.
- July 28: Finally back online, the NL ROY odds heavily favor Miami starter Trevor Rogers (-130) with Cincinnati 2B Jonathan India (+500) and Atlanta pitcher Ian Anderson (+500) tied for second.
- April 12: Jonathan India has made the biggest move in the first two weeks of the season, going from off the board to +1000 (fifth-favorite).
- Mar. 25: Pittsburgh’s Ke’Bryan Hayes (+325) has opened as the NL ROY favorite, with Miami’s Sixto Sanchez second (+475).
2021 NL Rookie of the Year Favorites
|Player (Position, Team)||Odds|
|Jonathan India (2B , Reds)||-1350|
|Trevor Rogers (P, Marlins)||+775|
|Patrick Wisdom (3B, Cubs)||+1750|
|Dylan Carlson (OF, Cardinals) Frank Schwindel (1B, Cubs)||+5000|
|Ian Anderson (P, Braves)||+5000|
|Jazz Chisholm (2B/SS, Marlins)||+10000|
|Tyler Stephenson (1B, Reds)||+10000|
Odds as of Oct. 3, 2021.
|2011||Craig Kimbrel (RP)||Atlanta Braves|
|2012||Bryce Harper (OF)||Washington Nationals|
|2013||Jose Fernandez (P)||Miami Marlins|
|2014||Jacob deGrom (P)||New York Mets|
|2015||Kris Bryant (3B)||Chicago Cubs|
|2016||Corey Seager (SS)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2017||Cody Bellinger (1B)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2018||Ronald Acuna Jr. (OF)||Atlanta Braves|
|2019||Pete Alonso (1B)||New York Mets|
|2020||Devin Williams (RP)||Milwaukee Brewers|