Odds to Win World Series 2022
Odds as of Nov. 4, 2022, at Barstool Sportsbook. Get the Barstool Sportsbook promo code.
World Series Odds Movement Timeline
- Nov. 4: A hyper-tense 3-2 win in Game 5 has put the Astros up 3-2 in the best-of-seven and sent their odds to a short -560. The Phillies are +450 underdogs to win Games 6 and 7 in Houston.
- Nov. 3: After evening the series at 2-2, the Astros are back to betting favorites at -186. They send Justin Verlander to the mound in a pivotal Game 5 tonight opposite Noah Syndergaard for the Phils.
- Nov. 1: Now up 2-1 in the best-of-seven series, Philadelphia is a
- Oct. 23: The Astros have opened as -182 favorites over the Phillies (+150) in the 2022 World Series.
- Oct. 18: Heading into the LCS, the Astros are +160 favorites, followed by the Yankees at +260, Padres at +325, and Phillies at +350.
- Oct. 9: The Guardians (+1100), Mariners (+1200), and Phillies (+1300) all saw their odds improve after sweeping their Wild Card series.
- Aug. 10: The Dodgers (+350) hold a slim lead over the Astros and Yankees (both +400) who are in a pitched battle for top-seed in the AL.
- July 3: Most sportsbooks now list the Yankees (+400) slightly ahead of the Dodgers (+450). NYY leads the majors in win percentage (.734) and run differential (+164).
- May 22: The gap between the Dodgers (+450) and Yankees (+550) has shrunk further. The Mets (+800), Astros (+800), and Blue Jays (+900) round out the top five.
- May 15: The Yankees have become second-favorites at +600 and are inching closer to the favored Dodgers (+450).
- May 3: The Mets are now second-favorite, surpassing the Blue Jays. NYM has started the season 16-8 and holds a three-game lead in the NL East.
- Apr. 24: The Mets are moving up in the world, sitting at +950, tied for third-best with the crosstown rival Yankees.
- Apr. 10: Off to a 2-0 start, Toronto has improved to +850, best in the AL and trailing only the Dodgers (+475) in the majors.
- Apr. 7: The biggest shift in odds on Opening Day comes at the bottom of the table, with the Athletics dropping from +12500 to +20000.
- Mar. 31: No significant movement of note, now that we’re now one week out from the revised Opening Day.
- Feb. 10: The Mets and Yankees are now tied for third-favorite at +1050.
- Nov. 29: The Mets’ odds improved from +1800 to +1200 after they signed Max Scherzer; they have also added Starling Marte and Eduardo Escobar to a batting order that needs a boost.
- Nov. 16: The Angels’ odds improved from +4000 to +3750 after signing oft-injured Noah Syndergaard to a one-year, $21-million contract.
- Nov. 3: The Dodgers have opened as +525 favorites. The Braves are +1300 to repeat. Houston (+700) has the best odds among AL teams.
2022 World Series Favorites
While some teams that were expected to contend in 2022 are having disappointing seasons, none of the teams that were written off as also-rans are making a serious push. In other words, the 2022 World Series favorites don’t show any major surprises at this point of the season.
Los Angeles Dodgers
The LA Dodgers came out of the offseason as the 2022 World Series favorites and remain at the top of the board among contenders. The currently hold a healthy ranking lead at the top of the NL West and a slight lead on the Mets for top spot in the NL, which comes with a first-round bye in the new playoff format. Their run differential is nearly 100 runs better than any other NL team.
New York Yankees
The New York Yankees didn’t start the season as the AL favorites but it didn’t take oddsmakers too long to establish them as such. The Pinstripes are having a season for the ages so far, winning nearly 75% of their games and posting the best run differential in the major leagues. Their lead atop the AL East is in double-digits.
The Houston Astros just keep doing what they’ve been doing for the better part of the last decade: dominating the AL West standings. They have a double-digit lead on their division rivals, along with the third-best record in baseball and the third-best run differential. While they’ll be hard-pressed to catch the Yankees and earn the AL’s lone first-round by in the postseason, they are going to be a immensely tough out for any team they face in October.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.