2020 MLB AL & NL Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Track how each contender’s odds of winning the AL and NL Rookie of the Year awards have changed over the course of the 2020 season
- View past winners from the last decade
- See the latest odds to win ROY in both leagues at trusted online sportsbooks
Major League Baseball has been honoring its top freshmen since 1947 when Brooklyn Dodgers infielder Jackie Robinson won the inaugural Rookie of the Year Award after hitting .297 with 12 home runs and 48 RBIs. No rookie has had the same cultural and historical impact as Robinson since, but plenty of first year players have shown flashes of brilliance while contributing to the success of their teams.
We’ve been tracking the American League and National League Rookie of the Year races and have included the odds of the top contenders, below. The graphs have been generated by averaging the latest odds from our most trusted sportsbooks to help you better determine each player’s probability of coming out on top.
Bookmark this page and visit it regularly to see how the odds for the top contenders ebb and flow throughout the 2020 MLB season.
- Mar. 19: Early bettors are keen on Luis Robert (+400) and Jesus Luzardo (+600), who improved from +550 and +975, respectively, since Mar. 5.
- Mar. 3: Flame-throwing Michael Kopech opens as the AL ROY favorite at +300, followed by Detroit’s own prized pitching prospect Casey Mize at +450.
2020 American League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player (Position)||Team||2020 AL Rookie of the Year Odds at BetOnline|
|Luis Robert (OF)||White Sox||+400|
|Michael Kopech (P)||White Sox||+400|
|Casey Mize (P)||Tigers||+500|
|Jesus Luzardo (P)||Athletics||+600|
|Brendan McKay (P/DH)||Rays||+800|
|Jo Adell (OF)||Angels||+1000|
|Evan White (1B)||Mariners||+1200|
|Nate Person (P)||Blue Jays||+2000|
Odds as of March 19, 2020.
|2010||Neftali Feliz (P)||Texas Rangers|
|2011||Jeremy Hellickson (P)||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2012||Mike Trout (OF)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2013||Wil Myers (OF)||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2014||Jose Abreu (1B)||Chicago White Sox|
|2015||Carlos Correa (SS)||Houston Astros|
|2016||Michael Fulmer (P)||Detroit Tigers|
|2017||Aaron Judge (OF)||New York Yankees|
|2018||Shohei Ohtani (P/DH)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2019||Yordan Alvarez (DH)||Houston Astros|
- Mar. 19: If you thought +350 was a short price for Lux, look away. The Dodger infielder is now +238 on average. No one else is shorter than +1000.
- Mar. 3: Gavin Lux is the short-shot, opening at +350. No other player is better than +800 at the outset.
2020 National League Rookie of the Year Odds
|Player (Position)||Team||2020 NL Rookie of the Year Odds at BetOnline|
|Gavin Lux (SS)||Dodgers||+200|
|Brendan Rodgers (2B)||Rockies||+1000|
|MacKenzie Gore (P)||Padres||+1000|
|Carter Kieboom (3B)||Nationals||+1000|
|Dustin May (P)||Dodgers||+1000|
|Dylan Carlson (OF)||Cardinals||+1200|
|Jon Duplantier (P)||Diamondbacks||+1200|
|Mitch Keller (P)||Pirates||+1200|
Odds as of March 19, 2020.
|2010||Buster Posey (C)||San Francisco Giants|
|2011||Craig Kimbrel (P)||Atlanta Braves|
|2012||Bryce Harper (OF)||Washington Nationals|
|2013||Jose Fernandez (P)||Miami Marlins|
|2014||Jacob deGrom (P)||New York Mets|
|2015||Kris Bryant (3B)||Chicago Cubs|
|2016||Corey Seager (SS)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2017||Cody Bellinger (1B)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2018||Ronald Acuna Jr. (OF)||Atlanta Braves|
|2019||Pete Alonso (1B)||New York Mets|
Archived MLB Rookie of the Year Odds: 2019