2022 MLB AL & NL Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
Updated December 20, 2022
- Track how each contender’s odds of winning the AL and NL Rookie of the Year awards change over the course of the 2022 season
- Julio Rodriguez (AL) and Michael Harris (NL) are heavy favorites as of late September
- The charts and graphs below display the average MLB ROY odds at legal online sportsbooks
The 2022 MLB season is underway. This page tracks the American League and National League Rookie of the Year races. The graphs below have been generated by averaging the latest odds from reputable online sportsbooks.
Jump to: American League / National League
AL Rookie of the Year Odds
Get Bet Insurance Up To $1,000
from Barstool Sportsbook!
from Barstool Sportsbook!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. In TN call or text the TN REDLINE 800-889-9789
LOCK IN PROMO
SIGNUP PROMO$1,000 BET
- Sep. 4: Despite a strong push from Adley Rutschman (+450) over the past month, Julio Rodriguez remains a -600 AL ROY favorite with less than a month to play.
- July 31: The AL ROY odds are off the board at most books. At the sportsbooks that are still offering AL ROY futures, Julio Rodriguez is a -607 favorite, on average.
- June 5: Julio Rodriguez moved into a tie for favorite with Jeremy Pena with both at +210. Third-favorite Bobby Witt Jr is back at +675 and Joe Ryan faded from +600 to +950.
- May 23: Adley Rutschman improved from +2000 to +1250 after getting called up by Baltimore. The top-three favorites remain unchanged: Pena (+240), Rodriguez (+340), and Ryan (+600).
- May 18: Astros infielder Jeremy Pena has become the +290 favorite, improving roughly two-fold (from +575) over the past two weeks. Mariners OF Julio Rodriguez is a close second at +335.
- May 3: Seattle OF Julio Rodriguez has become the favorite at +438, passing both Spencer Torkelson (+475) and Bobby Witt Jr (+488).
- Apr. 25: Houston SS Jeremy Pena shortened from +875 to +775 after an extra-innings walk-off homer against Toronto. He remains the fifth-favorite.
- Apr. 17: Torkelson (+418) has moved into second and is closing the gap on Witt Jr (+305). Guardians OF Steven Kwan moved into the top five, improving from +1600 to +650.
- Apr. 10: Witt Jr has consolidated his status as favorite in the first few games of the season, improving from +295 to +275. Mariners OF Rodriguez shortened from +575 to +440 and now sits second (surpassing Tigers 1B Torkelson).
- Apr. 3: Royals infielder Bobby Witt Jr is a +295 favorite heading into the season with Tigers first baseman Spencer Torkelson (+475) second and Seattle outfielder Julio Rodriguez (+575) rounding out the top three.
2022 AL Rookie of the Year Favorites
|Player (Position, Team)||Odds|
|Julio Rodriguez (OF, Mariners)||-2500|
|Adley Rutschman (C, Orioles)||+1000|
|George Kirby (P, Mariners)||+10000|
|Jose Miranda (IF, Twins)||+25000|
|Steven Kwan (OF, Guardians)||+30000|
|Felix Bautista (P, Orioles)||+50000|
|Jeremy Pena (IF, Astros)||+50000|
|Bobby Witt Jr (SS, Royals)||+50000|
|MJ Melendez (C, Royals)||+50000|
|Brock Burke (P, Rangers)||+50000|
Odds as of Sep. 18, 2022, at Caesars Sportsbook.
Past 10 AL Rookie of the Year Winners
|2012||Mike Trout (OF)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2013||Wil Myers (OF)||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2014||Jose Abreu (1B)||Chicago White Sox|
|2015||Carlos Correa (SS)||Houston Astros|
|2016||Michael Fulmer (P)||Detroit Tigers|
|2017||Aaron Judge (OF)||New York Yankees|
|2018||Shohei Ohtani (P/DH)||Los Angeles Angels|
|2019||Yordan Alvarez (DH)||Houston Astros|
|2020||Kyle Lewis (OF)||Seattle Mariners|
|2021||Randy Arozarena (OF)||Tampa Bay Rays|
NL Rookie of the Year Odds
- Sep. 4: Strider has separated himself with less than a month to go in the regular season. Strider’s odds have shortened to -360 with Harris second at +270.
- July 31: ATL pitcher Spencer Strider (+138) has a narrow lead over teammate Michael Harris (+220).
- June 5: Mackenzie Gore is now a firm +195 favorite, but Nolan Gorman soared to second, going from +1000 to +235.
- May 23: Suzuki continues to get longer, now sitting at +150. While Gore improved again (+450 to +395), the big mover was Arizona OF Alek Thomas (+2000 to +825). He’s now the third-favorite.
- May 18: Suzuki’s odds have faded from -145 to +100 as Mackenzie Gore continues to close the gap. The Padres P improved from +900 to +450. Cardinals IF Juan Yepez, who wasn’t even on the board before, is now third-favorite at +800.
- May 3: Padres P Mackenzie Gore has shot up to second-favorite, improving from +2500 to +900. But Suzuki maintains a strong lead at -145.
- Apr. 25: Suzuki (who’s slashing .354/.492/.688) is already the odds-on favorite at -140 on average. Second-favorite Green has faded to +775 despite a solid start to the year.
- Apr. 17: Favorite Suzuki shortened again to +170. Reds P Hunter Greene is now second-favorite at +475.
- Apr. 10: Suzuki widened the gap between himself and the field. The Cubs OF shortened from +365 to +250. Second-favorite Cruz faded from +443 to +500.
- Apr. 3: Japanese star Seiya Suzuki of the Cubs is a +365 favorite, followed closely by Oneil Cruz (+443) of the Pirates.
2022 NL Rookie of the Year Favorites
|Player (Position, Team)||Odds|
|Michael Harris (OF, Braves)||-320|
|Spencer Strider (P, Braves)||+210|
|Edward Cabrera (P, Marlins)||+50000|
|Brendan Donovan (IF, Cardinals)||+50000|
Odds as of Oct. 2, 2022, at FanDuel Sportsbook.
Past 10 NL Rookie of the Year Winners
|2012||Bryce Harper (OF)||Washington Nationals|
|2013||Jose Fernandez (P)||Miami Marlins|
|2014||Jacob deGrom (P)||New York Mets|
|2015||Kris Bryant (3B)||Chicago Cubs|
|2016||Corey Seager (SS)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2017||Cody Bellinger (1B)||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2018||Ronald Acuna Jr. (OF)||Atlanta Braves|
|2019||Pete Alonso (1B)||New York Mets|
|2020||Devin Williams (RP)||Milwaukee Brewers|
|2011||Jonathan India (2B)||Cincinnati Reds|