2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Toronto’s Scottie Barnes won the 2022 NBA Rookie of the Year award
- Barnes capitalized on a late-season injury to former favorite Evan Mobley
- Looking for this year’s NBA Rookie of the Year odds?
The 2021-22 NBA Rookie of the Year race proved to be one of the closest ever. In the end, just 15 voting points separated Toronto Raptors forward Scottie Barnes (378) from Cleveland Cavaliers center Evan Mobley (363).
The graphs and timeline below show how the odds to win 2022 NBA Rookie of the Year fluctuated over the course of the preseason and regular season.
2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- [March 29] While Mobley remains a heavy odds-on favorite, after leaving Monday’s game with an ankle injury his status for the rest of the regular season is unclear
- [March 11] Scottie Barnes has moved back ahead of Cunningham as second favorite, but Mobley is still a heavy odds-on favorite
- [March 2] As the Cavaliers have proven they are for real as an Eastern Conference playoff team, Evan Mobley has asserted himself as a heavy odds-on favorite
- [February 17] While the top three are unchanged, Josh Giddey’s odds have shortened to fourth choice on the board on the strength of his three straight triple-doubles. He’s also as short as +850 and second choice at FanDuel Sportsbook
- [February 9] No change in the ROY race ahead of the deadline, as Mobley is still a heavy favorite
- [February 3] Mobley’s odds continue to shorten, and Scottie Barnes has faded into the +600 to +800 range alongside Cade Cunningham
- [January 27] It’s looking more and more like Mobley will be your 2022 Rookie of the Year, as no other player is shorter than +600 odds at FanDuel
- [January 18] Mobley remains the odds-on favorite, while Franz Wagner’s price has seen a slight improvement as he continues to excel down in Orlando
- [January 12] With the Cavs holding a top six spot in the East and Mobley a main contributor – the big man out of USC has shifted to an odds-on favorite to win ROY
- [December 23] No change in the hierarchy of the ROY odds, with Evan Mobley still the favorite
- [December 17] The top three remained the same, while Jalen Green has now faded nearly totally out of the race
- [December 10] Mobley has averaged nearly 13 points and 9 boards along with 2.7 blocks per game over the last two weeks, now at average odds of +160
- [December 3] Cunningham and Barnes continue to improve, while Evan Mobley has returned from his elbow injury to re-enter the race. All have average odds between +250 to +300
- [November 24] Cunningham is fresh off a triple-double for the frisky Pistons, and his odds have shortened in to favorites position
- [November 17] Cade Cunningham has been shaking off the rust of his early season ankle sprain, with his average odds shortening to +340. Scottie Barnes remains the favorite, while Evan Mobley’s odds may see a fade with him suffering an elbow sprain that may keep him out 2-4 weeks
- [November 9] With Cleveland off to a surprisingly competitive 7-4 start, Evan Mobley has inched ahead of the pack as the current favorite at +325 odds on average. This is shaping up to be an all-time race for ROY with four to five legitimate contenders
- [November 3] Barnes is the new favorite at FanDuel, as Jalen Green’s scoring numbers have been up and down while Barnes has had a positive affect at both ends of the floor for the Raps
- [November 1] Scottie Barnes continues his torrid start for the Raptors, and his odds have shortened ahead of all but Jalen Green – with the Florida State product now +340 at FanDuel
- [October 26] While Jalen Green remains the favorite as Cade Cunningham’s odds trickle higher before his return to action, three players have seen their odds take a leap. Most impressively 24-year-old Chris Duarte is starting and starring for the Pacers, shortening all the way from +3800 to an average of +775. Scottie Barnes and Evan Mobley have also seen their prices improve after strong opening weeks
- [October 15] As Cunningham has dealt with an injury during the preseason, Rockets G Jalen Green is now the favorite heading in to the season next week
- [October 5] Cunningham and Jalen Green remain neck and neck favorites as the preseason has begun
- [September 9] Jalen Green has seen his odds shorten nearly to the price of Cade Cunningham, with both expected to have productive seasons
- [July 30] No surprise at the top of the opening set of odds, with Cunningham a heavy +250 favorite to win Rookie of the Year after being selected first overall to Detroit. With Michigan sports betting off and running, Pistons fans will want to jump in on that price before it shortens further. Jalen Green will likely be given the chance to put up big numbers early in Houston – his odds are set at +450. An interesting flyer could be taken on Ayo Dosunmu, who slid to the 2nd round but will be a fan favorite in his hometown of Chicago
2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
Odds as of March 29th at FanDuel Sportsbook.
For those of you located in Ontario, online sports betting is live with a whole host of Ontario sportsbook apps now available for Canadians. BetMGM Ontario and Caesars Sportsbook Ontario are some of the major sportsbooks to be welcomed into Ontario first.