- Webb Simpson the only top golfer competing
- First-time winners common at the RSM Classic
- The golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
The RSM Classic has proven to be a breeding ground for players to break through and find the winners circle, with four straight golfers (and five in the last six) making the RSM Classic their maiden tour title.
This is the last official event before the break and final chance for golfers to earn an exemption into January’s Sentry Tournament of Champions.
If you’re looking for star power at this tournament, you’ll be sorely disappointed with Webb Simpson the only golfer in the top 30 of the world rankings teeing it up.
Odds to Win 2018 RSM Classic
|Player||Odds to Win 2018 RSM Classic at Bovada|
*Follow the link in the table to see all options
Webb Simpson the strong favorite to win RSM Classic
Webb Simpson has every right to be the favorite this week at the Sea Island Golf Club, having registered seven top-25 finishes in his last ten events, highlighted by three top-six finishes.
Webb Simpson’s Last 6 PGA Tour Events
|Shriners Hospitals for Children Open||T-15|
|Dell Technologies Championship||T-49|
|The Northern Trust||T-28|
He’s come oh-so close to hoisting the trophy in this event in the past, losing in a playoff to Ben Crane in 2011.
The value, however, just isn’t there for a guy with only one victory (2018 Players Championship) in the last five years.
Enough about that – let’s all take a moment to remind ourselves of perhaps the greatest trophy presentation in golf history.
First-time winners common at RSM Classic
As mentioned earlier, with this tournament failing to attract strong fields in the past, there has been a strong propensity towards golfers earning their first PGA Tour victory at the event Davis Love III hosts.
Only one of the past four (Kisner, 2017 Colonial), has gone on to taste victory a second time after securing victory at the RSM Classic.
— GOLF TALK CANADA (@GolfTalkCanada) November 2, 2018
I’m looking for the trend of first-time winners to continue, which would result in just the third player to earn his maiden tour title this season in eight events, joining Kevin Tway (Safeway Open) and Cameron Champ (Sanderson Farms Championship.)
Last 5 winners at the RSM Classic
2018 RSM Classic Best Value Picks
- Harold Varner III (+4000): Posted three top-15 finishes in four events this season, including a tie for sixth last week at Mayakoba Classic.
- Peter Uihlein (+5000): Held 54-hole lead in Las Vegas before faltering on Sunday. Posted three top-five finishes on tour last season. 2010 US Amateur champ poised to break through on the big stage.
- Patrick Rodgers (+6600): Two-time runner up on tour has posted three top-25 finishes in last 5 events. Top-ten finish in this event two years ago.